Mobius Super Capacitor.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 6 months & 6 years 3 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 7 months & 6 years 4 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 8 months & 6 years 5 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 9 months & 6 years 6 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

Appreciate your continuing input @russ331 (y)

Hard to believe that it's been this long ago- nobody had a clue that supercaps would do so well back then, but now they've taken over ;)

Phil

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 10 months & 6 years 7 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

My Mobius quit working and I have been using it with a capacitor for several years. How can I check it to see if that is the problem. Thinking about ordering a battery but if something else is wrong it would be a waste of time and money?

My Mobius quit working and I have been using it with a capacitor for several years. How can I check it to see if that is the problem. Thinking about ordering a battery but if something else is wrong it would be a waste of time and money?

It would be helpful if you would elaborate on what you mean by "quit working".

If the camera seems frozen and won't record at start-up but the rear red LED stays on full time it is probably a bad card. A bad card is the first thing to check for anyway.

1. Try a different card.
  2. Try inserting a paper clip in the reset hole at the back of the camera and see if that fixes it.
  3. See if you can re-flash the firmware if the camera can be recognized by your computer.

Generally, if the capacitor has gone bad it will fail to keep the time and date but the camera should continue to function properly when connected to an external power source.

I will try a different card and also the reset and see what happens. Thanks

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 11 months & 6 years 8 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

Tough little bastards those mobius cameras. :cool:

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams exactly 7 years & 6 years 9 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

My how time flies- I remember when supercaps were new in Mobius and it doesn't seem so long ago.

Phil

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 7 years 1 month & 6 years 10 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

Help! I am trying to set up my brand new Mobius C2 with the Msetup program. I plug the cam into the computer and the yellow light starts flashing. I can't change it. Everything I do doesn't work. I've switched batteries, put in a supercapacitor, nothing. I don't know what is happening.

Help! I am trying to set up my brand new Mobius C2 with the Msetup program. I plug the cam into the computer and the yellow light starts flashing. I can't change it. Everything I do doesn't work. I've switched batteries, put in a supercapacitor, nothing. I don't know what is happening.
Me again. I did manage to solve the above problem all by myself. I did not have a micro sd card installed in the camera while I was trying to set it up on the computer using the Msetup GUI. I was unaware that one was required at the time. However, lesson learned. P.S. I installed a 128 gb Sandisk micro SDXC UHS-1 which I bought at Costco for approx $27.00 CDN. I installed it on my motorbike using the Mroinge SAE to USB charger. It has two usb ports each at a 2.4 amp output. One for my Mobius C2, and the other for whatever I may need it for. Even better, it comes with an on-off switch, so there is no constant draw on the battery. **Just remember to shut it off when not in use**

Me again. I did manage to solve the above problem all by myself. I did not have a micro sd card installed in the camera while I was trying to set it up on the computer using the Msetup GUI. I was unaware that one was required at the time. However, lesson learned**
yeah that's how you use them as a webcam

Glad you got it going (y) It's been so long since I used mine I just couldn't remember how it works :rolleyes:

Phil

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 7 years 2 months & 6 years 11 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 7 years 3 months & exactly 7 years ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use a few times a week in the current circumstances.

Back