Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Seems like "photo mode' is happening; are you seeing photo files or only vids on the card? Check that the cam buttons are not sticking and that nothing touches them in use. Probably wouldn't hurt to re-flash the firmware too in case somethings 'buggy' there. Mine started up in Photo mode once after I'd played with the settings- msetup fixed that. I'm not sure if it was user-induced or a glitch but I don't remember setting it up that way. No problems since then.

Phil

Just checked: even with a different SD card, I still had 90-95% blinking red while recording, and 5-10% solid red.

It's true that you will see a solid RED LED if the camera is in photo mode as some members have pointed out but if you are in the middle of shooting video with a blinking RED LED and it suddenly becomes a solid RED there is something else going on.

Last edited:
I have a Mobius that was purchased in December 2014 from Amazon. It has been a reliable cam, but it has gotten very blurry recently. I have read several things about this, but not entirely sure how to best correct it.

It doesn't seem to be temperature dependant. Cold start videos are still blurry.

What is the easiest way to determine which lens I currently have?

Attachments

• MobiusBlurry.jpg
    MobiusBlurry.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 8
I have a Mobius that was purchased in December 2014... What is the easiest way to determine which lens I currently have?
Lens_A_B_C.jpg

Looks like mine is Lens A.

I have 3 mobius action cams lens A types. All running v2.41 and set identically to auto start when USB power is applied and to immediately stop when power is removed. One of them will not shut down when power is removed but will shut down when the power button is pushed as long as power is resent. If I push the power button, it will shut down and a file is written to the SD. As soon as USB power is removed, the yellow blinking LED on the top that blinks in time with the rear led will immediately start blinking blue and alternate its blinking with the end red led. A file will not be written to the SD.
I have searched and cannot find an answer.
I have reset all paramters to default, reflashed the firmware twice and re-set up as my other ones are set but no change.
Anybody have a clue as to what the blue blinking and red blinking (same slow blink as if recording, just alternating) alternatively mean?

On edit: Apparently the battery is faulty. I swapped batteries with one of my other units and the problem followed the battery

Last edited:
I have 3 mobius action cams lens A types. All running v2.41 and set identically to auto start when USB power is applied and to immediately stop when power is removed. One of them will not shut down when power is removed but will shut down when the power button is pushed as long as power is resent. If I push the power button, it will shut down and a file is written to the SD. As soon as USB power is removed, the yellow blinking LED on the top that blinks in time with the rear led will immediately start blinking blue and alternate its blinking with the end red led. A file will not be written to the SD.
I have searched and cannot find an answer.
I have reset all paramters to default, reflashed the firmware twice and re-set up as my other ones are set but no change.
Anybody have a clue as to what the blue blinking and red blinking (same slow blink as if recording, just alternating) alternatively mean?

On edit: Apparently the battery is faulty. I swapped batteries with one of my other units and the problem followed the battery
I was going to say it's probably the battery, then I got to the end... :)
Glad you figured it out

Last edited:
I was going to say it's probably the battery, then I got to the end... :)
Glad you figured it out
Seems that the Mobius in question will not light the green led to show charging as my two others do. The “bad” Battery charges fine in the other Mobius.

Seems that the Mobius in question will not light the green led to show charging as my two others do. The “bad” Battery charges fine in the other Mobius.
Does that mobius show a green light with either of your other two batteries? It could be a faulty charging circuit.

It’s shows no green light with any battery I’ve put in.
If faulty charging circuit, no remedy? I have it set to 5 minute segments so the worst is it won’t write the last segment but that could pose a problem.

It’s shows no green light with any battery I’ve put in.
If faulty charging circuit, no remedy? I have it set to 5 minute segments so the worst is it won’t write the last segment but that could pose a problem.
Any suggestions short of swapping out the circuit board @Dashmellow @kamkar1 @anyoneelse?

I think it's a board swap. If it's over 2 years old I'd add a new battery too just to stay ahead of the game.

Phil

I think it's a board swap. If it's over 2 years old I'd add a new battery too just to stay ahead of the game.

Phil
Interestingly, the charge circuit shows 4.2 volts as does the one showing the green led. It seems to be charging the good battery just not showing a green led.

It would seem so. Not sure why no green LED though/

Phil

The "good" battery will only record about 15 minutes before it dies. Might replace them all since they are 4 years old.

If a new circuit board should be required, eletoponline365 (the Mobius manufacturer's sales outlet on eBay) has the best price at $38.00
Banggood has the best deal on replacement batteries for the Mobius at $4.82 each.

If the charge circuit is functioning but without the green indicator light perhaps it's just a failed LED. That would be a new one, but I 'spose it could happen.

Back