Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Discussion in 'Mobius' started by GJHS, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Bungus

Bungus Well-Known Member

Canada
    Dash Cam:
    2 x Mobius, A, C2. 1 x Toguard (not installed)
    Now I learned "mea culpa".:D

Gabacho likes this.
  2. SawMaster

SawMaster Well-Known Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Mobius, G1W-S, G1WHc x2, G1W clone, and more to come!
    The original "My bad" :ROFLMAO:

It always takes me some relearning when going into msetup. Part of that is my aging brain, part is my lack of computer-related skills, and part is that once you get it set up it stays that way so you hardly ever need to use msetup ;) Still all for the good; no other camera is so widely adaptable to anyone's specific needs and everyone can get the most this camera can give them through msetup. Nothing quite like it :cool:

Phil

Isoprop likes this.
  3. Greenspan

Greenspan New Member

United States
    Help! My Mobius is not saving any videos to the SD card. The yellow light flashes to indicate it is recording, however when I put the card into the computer or connect the Mobius via USB the DCIM folder is empty. Have tried formatting and multiple SD cards with no luck. I am using the latest firmware. Thanks

4. Tony lovelock

Tony lovelock Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    Nextbase 412gw & möbius C3 wide angle lens
    Have a thorough look at the msetup programme and look at the saved settings and see what the video recording settings are saved as? It could be in photo mode every time you try to record possibly?

5. SawMaster

United States
    Dash Cam:
    I positively will not admit to doing exactly this myself once, then wondering WTF when the cam 'misbehaved' after I reinstalled it :rolleyes:

Phil

Isoprop and Gabacho like this.
  6. Gabacho

Gabacho Well-Known Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    SG9665GC
    Gee I'm not the only one. Thanks for fessing up @SawMaster :D

Isoprop and Bungus like this.
  7. SawMaster

United States
    Dash Cam:
    With a many Mobii in use as there are, nobody can be the only one who has done something like this- or anything else which is possible with this somewhat complicated but nonetheless awesome cam :whistle:

Phil

8. joel95ex

joel95ex New Member

United States
    quick question: just got the mobius today, while i know i need to configure the camera, do i need to download and install the newest firmware v2.41 or is it already installed? i found it on the RC group forum but not sure as the first 8posts of this thread are several years old while the rc group edit was dated june 25, 2017. thanks in advance --total newbie here

9. jokiin

jokiin Well-Known Member Manufacturer

China
    Dash Cam:
    Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Use the GUI interface and it will tell you which version it is now and you can update from there

Bungus likes this.
  10. joel95ex

joel95ex New Member

United States
    ok thank you--- i'm going to try to get everything set up tomorrow and install the capacitor.... hopefully i'll get it right... i have a class 4 micro sd that i'm going to try for the time being and might try to make a polarized filter too.... so ready to get this up and running

11. jaro

jaro Member

Philippines
    Dash Cam:
    SG9665GC (front), BlackSys CF-100 (rear), Mobius (backup)
    power up my mobius, which is standing on the shelf for more than 5 months, only to discover that it was not acting right. (red-yellow flashing... etc).
    After some tinkering/trying to debug the problem, which include manual reset, checking/formatting the sd card, I came to the conclusion (i should have check this in the first place) that the battery is dead (all swollen and gives off some scent).

Scouring the net, all I can find is this https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01FTIGMZ4
    Was wondering if there are other seller that you can recommend?

Note:
    I've already have a capacitor on hand (for future use) , I could technically use this in combination with a powerbank but that would be too cumbersome to use.

12. joel95ex

joel95ex New Member

United States

this seller has the software and is listed in the first post of this thread as a legit seller---but i haven't bought from them... i did use the msetup though without trouble (so far i think)

https://www.buymobius.com/collections/mobius-batteries/products/mobius-actioncam-820mah-battery

13. joel95ex

joel95ex New Member

United States
    sorry i think this was the place i got the msetup and they have the battery too

https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/accessories/battery-power/

jaro likes this.
  14. SawMaster

United States
    Dash Cam: