Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I have an idea but no knowhow if it works...

The mobius dont have a real parking mode, with build in shocksensor, only a motion detect mode...

Is it possible to buy a shocksensor or vibrationsensor for example as a motorbike-alarm-system and plug it to the mobius instead of an alarm sirene ?
This sensor should give an impulse to an electric part... should it be no matter what kind of electronics?

And in mobius config set : auto record with external power (3 min. foe example)

The impulse for external power is from the shocksensor... but power to mobius instead to sirene...

I dont know if it could work... maybe someone of you knows it.

I have an idea but no knowhow if it works...

The mobius dont have a real parking mode, with build in shocksensor, only a motion detect mode...

Is it possible to buy a shocksensor or vibrationsensor for example as a motorbike-alarm-system and plug it to the mobius instead of an alarm sirene ?
This sensor should give an impulse to an electric part... should it be no matter what kind of electronics?

And in mobius config set : auto record with external power (3 min. foe example)

The impulse for external power is from the shocksensor... but power to mobius instead to sirene...

I dont know if it could work... maybe someone of you knows it.

Another solution would be to link de sensor to the Mode button (see this) and have the Mobius recording all the time. This way, when the sensor is triggered, the current file will be locked. However you have to keep in mind that having the Mobius recording in a locked car under the summer sun could damage it, especially the battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I think I may have a similar ribbon/cable issue. I've rewatched my recent footage from my Mobius and most of my new videos are black. There's no image, just sound.

My last 'good' video shows the video image with red spots and then eventually blacking out.
Whenever the camera is on, the yellow light on top of the camera stays on constantly.

Any idea what could be the issue?

My PC has trouble detecting the camera when the SD card is full.
There is no problem if the SD isn't full, but when the SD gets full and starts looping, the Camera doesn't go into USB/data mode when connected to the PC, but instead power ups into recording mode.
This also happens on my laptop. Also tried plugging it into a friends laptop and it worked. used same camera and same USB cable. only difference is that my PC and laptop are windows 8.1 and friends laptop is windows 7.
Also after the Mobious recognized and loaded on friends laptop (win 7), it also loaded up when connected to my PC without changing anything or deleting any files.
Anyone else experience something similar?

is V1.20 the final fw version? Will there be new developments?

We had quick fw revisions for some time, but 1.20 is been there for a while, and it's really quit on that subject.....?!?

The low light recording has that flickering/flashing, had to go back to 1.17....

anyone?

128GB card
For those interested, I have been testing the recently released Sandisk 128GB card. The camera will record about 17 hours of 1080p @ 30fps video. Unfortunately there is an issue when the card is full, so loop recording will not work. With normal recording the camera will fail to turn off when the card is full. The issue is most likely related to the SDXC (exFAT) protocol which both the developer and the DSP manufacturer are aware of. I suspect the card will work properly if formatted to FAT32 but I will not be testing this.

I have 64GB Sandisk Ultra, works great, exFat, only neg in my case is: can't read it over OTG.

Besides, I believe 64/128GB can't be formatted in FAT32? Windows gives me just exFat and NTFS for option. Formatting inside camera results in exFat.......

We had quick fw revisions for some time, but 1.20 is been there for a while, and it's really quit on that subject.....?!?
The low light recording has that flickering/flashing, had to go back to 1.17....
anyone?

There are more FW developments coming but the timescale for their release is not known at this time.....
Is there any sort of hint of a rough timeframe for new FW release date, even if very approximate? Are we talking weeks or months here?
I'm afraid no one can tell you. We've tested about a dozen Step 3 firmware versions since the beginning of April and there are still some issues that need sorting out. Most of the problems need to be solved before release or people will start whining that the firmware (camera) is c#&p and they don't want to be treated as guinea pigs. So, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe a few days (very doubtful), maybe a few weeks, or even a month or two.

I have 64GB Sandisk Ultra, works great, exFat, only neg in my case is: can't read it over OTG.

Besides, I believe 64/128GB can't be formatted in FAT32? Windows gives me just exFat and NTFS for option. Formatting inside camera results in exFat.......
Tried this? - https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ - It's ONLY for SD cards. Of course we LINUX bods have to use other solutions.

anyone?
The next firmware release is the Step 3 firmware and a big release. V1.20 was an improvement on Step 2, as well as V1.17. Step 3 should bring big changes and I'm guessing they are taking their time to get it right. The last two firmware releases were quicker because so many were having card issues that made the camera unusable.

I'm excited to see what it brings

GJHS said:
The software will also identify all unknown USB cameras and devices with a capacity of 64GB or less. So, if the GUI doesn't recognize your camera, you don't have a #16 or a Mobius ActionCam!
Is there any other possibility? I am just now attempting to configure the "Mobius" I bought a few weeks ago. When connected to my PC, mSetup does not detect the camera and my PC will not detect an external USB drive. I have tried two different USB cables and 2 different SD cards (Samsung Evo 64 and an older ScanDisk 8GB). Any ideas?

You have the card inserted and the camera turned on? Also try plugging the Mobius in first, then starting the computer.

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried it on my friend's computer and Windows and mSetup recognized the Mobius. It must be an issue with my computer. I'll make sure I have all the Windows updates and that my USB drivers are up to date. Both systems are Windows 7.

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried it on my friend's computer and Windows and mSetup recognized the Mobius. It must be an issue with my computer. I'll make sure I have all the Windows updates and that my USB drivers are up to date. Both systems are Windows 7.

try another usb port.
some ports works for me and others are not (on the same computer).

If you used the same USB cable to connect to your friend's PC then you may have a so called "USB accelerator" taking over USB control on your PC. These are known to not work properly. I know of two or three such drivers but only XFastUSB (Asus) comes to mind at present.

try another usb port.
some ports works for me and others are not (on the same computer).
Ah ha! It looks like it only works on the USB 3.0 ports on my motherboard (ASUS Z87-C).

I appreciate your help and everyone else's. Now I can feel a little more safe should get pulled over by a road pirate.

Last edited:
Back