Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

After many ups and downs and countless hours of testing the developer has released the long awaited Step 2 firmware.
Official Firmware page: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170908&postcount=3
Official Software Configuration page: http://mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html
New features: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29065776&postcount=10515

Bug reports are welcome in this thread!

I think you meant Step 3 :). Looking forward to others experiences before I install as there doesn't seem to be too many changes that I need.

Looks like I bought one at the perfect time :D

Great work thank-you :)

Blimey ... much credit is due to the Developer for his resolve to extract every ounce of functionality from this little camera...

1. Moved many global function toggles to each video mode for greater versatility
2. Added Boot Mode Default toggle: Mode 1, 2 or 3 (Photo mode). Photo Mode works with (or without) auto-record and time-lapse functions turned on.
3. Added Date Format toggles for local country standards.
4. Added additional 50, 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 fps video playback frame rate options.
5. Added Time lapse Movie Function, with fixed 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 sec. frame capture delay options, or a Custom (hrs:min:sec.) frame capture option. Recordings will play back at the selected video playback frame rate giving native timelapse videos.
6. Added AVI and MP4 movie file format options. AVI is non-standard format and cannot be edited without re-packaging or re-encoding.
7. Added WVGA (848x480) Photo frame size option
8. Changed 60s fixed Time-lapse Photo delay to a Custom setting (days:hrs:min). Camera goes to standby condition with delay >= 5 sec. to conserve battery charge.
9. Added Date Stamp display toggle for Photo Mode
10. Added Audio-only recording mode (voice recorder - no video). Clip length settings do not affect audio recording, which is always continuous recording (unless manually stopped) for 16 hours (with external power) before it will S/S/C to avoid the 4GB file limit. Recording file size is about 3.75MB/min.
11. Added toggles for Web Cam Rotatation (180 deg.) and Web Cam Video Mode (H.264 compression with audio or MJPG without audio). H.264 also offers much smaller file sizes, less latency, and possibly smoother playback on some older display devices.
12. Slowed Down Battery status LED blinking to count flashes easier.
(There are still a few issues being worked on regarding external power from car ignition connections, loop recording with very large memory cards (mainly 64GB or larger), centering of some narrow mode video (mostly inverted images). Any fixes will be included in an update release.)

I think a lot work, including a lot of testing, is very much thanks to Isoprop and Tom. Kudos to the whole Mobius team!

I think you meant Step 3 :). Looking forward to others experiences before I install as there doesn't seem to be too many changes that I need.
My mistake. Step 3 it is. I've corrected my original post. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hi, I just bought two mobius cameras from banggood and are having some problems. None of them are recognized by the setup program, but it seems as if they are recognized by the computer.
Here is what happens when I plug them in:
The led lits up blue and is followed by a continous yellow glow.
It is recognized as a drive in my computer, but it is not accessible.
The setup just shows the red text that asks you to plug in you camera.
It also seems like the camera won't charge. No green light appears when i turn it off while plugged in. It also seems like there is some power on it since all the buttons work and I can change between modes and apperantly film.

Any ideas?

Hi, I just bought two mobius cameras from banggood and are having some problems. None of them are recognized by the setup program, but it seems as if they are recognized by the computer.
Here is what happens when I plug them in:
The led lits up blue and is followed by a continous yellow glow.
It is recognized as a drive in my computer, but it is not accessible.
The setup just shows the red text that asks you to plug in you camera.
It also seems like the camera won't charge. No green light appears when i turn it off while plugged in. It also seems like there is some power on it since all the buttons work and I can change between modes and apperantly film.

Any ideas?
try another usb port.
if all your usb port is not recognizing the mobius and open a drive named: "mobius" - try another computer (another pc or laptop).

I have now tried another computer, but the problem persists. The computer recognizes the camera (although it is not accesible, should it?), but not the program.

edit: I have also tried to shut down the computer and inserting the mobius when it is off.

I have now tried another computer, but the problem persists. The computer recognizes the camera (although it is not accesible, should it?), but not the program.

edit: I have also tried to shut down the computer and inserting the mobius when it is off.

you inserted the memory card into the mobius?
if so, which type? how many GB?

The memory card is inserted. It is a class 6, 32 Gb micro sd ordered togheter with the camera from banggood.
These are the ones I ordered:

the memory cards are from a known manufacturer?
i believe that the answer is no.
try another good quality and well known manufacturer memory cards.

tip: never buy "no name" memory cards, only from a well known manufacturer.

I thought about it, but when they sell them as a package it really should work. I will find another one and try again. If this is the problem I guess I should complain to banggood.

Last edited:
I tried to switch to a class 2, 8 Gb, but with no luck. I have also tried a usb-to-microSD and plugged it in to my computer. I could then open the videos from the camera from my computer and the converter registered in mSetup. Any suggestions?

edit: some more information. The camera is recognized as a movable disk and all related drivers seem to be updated.

Last edited:
connect the mobius with the original usb cable that you received with it.
try all the usb ports you have.
try all the usb ports on another computer (try with: windows xp, 7, 8)
we need to eliminate some variables.

I have done all of the above. Unfortunately I don't own a computer with all of the OS's above, but I have run mSetup with XP compatability and I also run it on a laptop with Vista. When I pressed the record button it started to install a mobius driver, but afterwards it seems like it disconnects the camera when I press the record button. Thank you for helping :)

don't press the rec button!
it will enter the "webcam" mode.
this is why you didn't saw the "mobius" driver on your computer.

steps you need to do:
1. make sure that the mobius is off.
2. connect the mobius (with a good memory card in it) to your computer (win xp) and do not press anything.
the mobius should be automatically turned on and you will see a "mobius" driver with the videos in it

This could very well be due to a bad USB cable where part of the USB data is being lost. Use the shortest and fattest (quality) USB cable you can find.

Isoprop: I have tried with three different cables and it is always the same behaviour.
Nir: I will try to find a better card.

edit: typo

Isoprop: I have tried with three different cables and it is always the same behaviour.
Nir: I will try to find a better card.
edit: typo

do as i said in the last massage i wrote:
don't press the rec button!
it will enter the "webcam" mode.
this is why you didn't saw the "mobius" driver on your computer.

steps you need to do:
1. make sure that the mobius is off.
2. connect the mobius (with a good memory card in it) to your computer (win xp) and do not press anything.

the mobius should be automatically turned on and you will see a "mobius" driver with the videos in it

you did that with all of your usb ports and still the camera is recognized (yellow-orange constant on) but without a driver shown in your pc ?

I am sorry, there might have been a misunderstanding there. The driver (C-DDTEKM obius) is installed. There just popped up another driver installation when I pressed rec. The only cards I have at the moment is the 32Gb from banggood and an old 8 Gb class 2. I need to buy another one anyways, so I will buy a class 4 as recommended. The camera is recognized as a removable drive with every usb port. It first flashes blue and then a steady yellow light. It records on the 32 Gb card, but msetup does not recognize the camera.

Back