Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Today I encountered my 1st serious problem with the Mobius...after driving a few hours today and made a few stops on the way (everything allright so far), at some point I noticed that the back red led wasn't blinking any more, just stayed on and after 30 sec (power off standby is set to 30 secs) the camera just turned off...
I thought that there is a problem with the sdcard...
So I removed my 32GB sdcard that I usually use, and inserted the sd card that I use in my phone (8GB A-data), that actually worked (apparently) until home. And home, i checked msetup to see if there were any settings changed and of course, they were. It seems that some setting were reset to default (maybe?) like loop recording off and clip lenght to 10min...
My guess is that somehow loop recording was changed to off and the original sd card (that had just a few MB free) could not be written anymore.

Anyway this is not the bad part...it seems when I used the 8GB A-data in the Mobius, all the file were corrupted/renamed with some weird symbols and I lost ALL the photos, videos or files and folders stored on the card. :( :(

Any ideas in how to recover the lost files? :)
I attached a printscreen with the new files from the sdcard.

Attachments

• a-data.png
    a-data.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 15
Today I encountered my 1st serious problem with the Mobius...after driving a few hours today and made a few stops on the way (everything allright so far), at some point I noticed that the back red led wasn't blinking any more, just stayed on and after 30 sec (power off standby is set to 30 secs) the camera just turned off...
I thought that there is a problem with the sdcard...
So I removed my 32GB sdcard that I usually use, and inserted the sd card that I use in my phone (8GB A-data), that actually worked (apparently) until home. And home, i checked msetup to see if there were any settings changed and of course, they were. It seems that some setting were reset to default (maybe?) like loop recording off and clip lenght to 10min...
My guess is that somehow loop recording was changed to off and the original sd card (that had just a few MB free) could not be written anymore.

Anyway this is not the bad part...it seems when I used the 8GB A-data in the Mobius, all the file were corrupted/renamed with some weird symbols and I lost ALL the photos, videos or files and folders stored on the card. :( :(

Any ideas in how to recover the lost files? :)
I attached a printscreen with the new files from the sdcard.

try photorec

Don't use or format this 'defective' SD card whilst you figure out what to do with it, the more you overwrite the data the less chance of recovery. There are several recovery apps that might be able to recover the photos, perhaps search on google for 'recover files on corrupted SD card'.

I noticed following this search term that info is provided on www.pcadvisor.co.uk on how to recover photos and other data from a SD card that isn't working.

Good luck with the recovery of your photos...

Isoprop it's good to see that you're keeping busy improving what is already a very good product :)

Just installed v2.37 but when I went to run MobiusManagerV2 on my Mac to change the parameters I received the message 'Firmware v2.37 not supported! Mobius Manager needs to be updated! Supported from version v2.10 to v2.33

Do you think it might be an idea to put an alert on the update page to let Mac users know this, or perhaps let them know where the link is to the Mobius Manager software for the Mac because I've forgotten where I originally downloaded it from?

In the meantime I've manually edited the .txt file so am hoping I haven't broken anything, will find out tomorrow.
Please don't thank me for the firmware improvements. It's the developer who deserves all the thanks for doing such a wonderful job! Agreed, Tom and I and also therau2000 try our best to test the firmware before it's released, but that's all we do.

There has always been a link to the Mac GUI and also the Android app on my software/user guide download page, so that's one of the first places you want to check. The Mac link brings you to the RCGroups thread where you can contact the author directly. I don't favor posting important links in case they change or become invalid. It's much easier to change a single link, as on the software download page, rather than finding and modifying all the links in all the posts I've ever made.

It's amazing how different our BG experiences have been.

I dealt with Helen and Cody regarding my replacement lens and they had everything sorted very quickly and kept me informed with what was happening along the way.

I ordered my C lens camera Feb 22nd and received around March 4th. I contacted CS about the focus problems on March 25th and had my replacement module on April 10th.

I still need to do more tests, but I'm not convinced that the updated version of the C lens that I received is much better than the first.

When I buy from banggood I think of it as a gamble as their customer service stink.

Let's say it doesn't work, they want you to make a video, no1 has time for that BS

Btw has anyone had any issues with 2.37, don't see anything wrong with 2.33.

If it ain't broke don't fix it :cool:

Btw has anyone had any issues with 2.37, don't see anything wrong with 2.33.

If it ain't broke don't fix it :cool:
Most likely any firmware with any camera, unless extremely primitive, will have an issue or two. The Mobius firmware has now become highly complex so I don't expect it to be free from issues. Before a new firmware version is released it is thoroughly tested by various people and only released when deemed to be issue free. However, because of the complexity, it has become impossible to test every possible combination.
In most cases a later firmware will correct issues found in the previous version so it's recommended to always update. In addition, once a new firmware version is released previous versions are no longer supported.
The firmware issues reported in v2.33 have been corrected in v2.37. If they don't affect you, then you won't notice any differences. The midnight bug with time-lapse photos was very annoying for some users, just as an example.
Firmware v.37 also gives you extra functionality, but again, if you don't need it, it won't affect you.

Unlike many other cameras, upgrading or downgrading the firmware in the Mobius is a risk-free and dead easy process. If, for whatever reason, the upgrade/downgrade fails, then all you need to do is repeat the process using the manual (file copy) method.
What firmware you use is entirely your choice, but v2.37 most likely has less issues than any previous version and it certainly has more functionality.

Most likely any firmware with any camera, unless extremely primitive, will have an issue or two. The Mobius firmware has now become highly complex so I don't expect it to be free from issues. Before a new firmware version is released it is thoroughly tested by various people and only released when deemed to be issue free. However, because of the complexity, it has become impossible to test every possible combination.
In most cases a later firmware will correct issues found in the previous version so it's recommended to always update. In addition, once a new firmware version is released previous versions are no longer supported.
The firmware issues reported in v2.33 have been corrected in v2.37. If they don't affect you, then you won't notice any differences. The midnight bug with time-lapse photos was very annoying for some users, just as an example.
Firmware v.37 also gives you extra functionality, but again, if you don't need it, it won't affect you.

Unlike many other cameras, upgrading or downgrading the firmware in the Mobius is a risk-free and dead easy process. If, for whatever reason, the upgrade/downgrade fails, then all you need to do is repeat the process using the manual (file copy) method.
What firmware you use is entirely your choice, but v2.37 most likely has less issues than any previous version and it certainly has more functionality.

Well Imma stick with 2.33 in the mean time, it is a PITA to remove cameras and connect them to PC for upgrade and having to test for possible bugs afterwards.

As suggested by @Isoprop, I have started a support thread for the Mobius. Here you will find useful information and support for the Mobius, as well as solutions to many situations. This is your go to guide for any questions or problems so:

Please post all support requests and problems here, do not start a new thread. Read posts #1-8 first. If you can't find your answer there then post your question or support request :D

The information found in posts #1-8 come from the RC Support Thread and is current as of Feb 12, 2014 (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559). The authors of this information are Tom Frank and Isoprop to whom we owe a huge Thank You for all their support of this camera and it's users.

If you find any mistakes, please send me a private message, as not to waste space here.

Cannot view videos on Mac

Cannot view videos on Mac. Camera 1, new, C lens, bought as dashcam, continuous loop, red light rear and yellow light top blink once per second, I follow instructions when connected to Mobius, push mode button once ‘til I get red light (at rear), then push mode button again. Steady red light comes on at rear, no red light at top. All I get on screen is still views taken as I drive. Itunes doesn’t open, no way to way to play videos. Camera 2, B lens, same problems exactly. OSX 10.9.5. Mobius manager v.2.33 on both. Camera 1 pre-configured, camera 2 configured by me. Both bought from www.mobius-actioncam.com . Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or whether there’s an Itunes issue with this operating system? Thanks.

Well Imma stick with 2.33 in the mean time, it is a PITA to remove cameras and connect them to PC for upgrade and having to test for possible bugs afterwards.

I guess for certain people it might be considered a PITA but for some of us "enthusiasts" it is interesting and fun. ;)

In many ways people who find firmware upgrades to be a PITA and just want a set-it-and-forget-it camera probably shouldn't buy a Mobius considering the developer's change log history and dedication to improvement.

Last edited:
Cannot view videos on Mac

Cannot view videos on Mac. Camera 1, new, C lens, bought as dashcam, continuous loop, red light rear and yellow light top blink once per second, I follow instructions when connected to Mobius, push mode button once ‘til I get red light (at rear), then push mode button again. Steady red light comes on at rear, no red light at top. All I get on screen is still views taken as I drive. Itunes doesn’t open, no way to way to play videos. Camera 2, B lens, same problems exactly. OSX 10.9.5. Mobius manager v.2.33 on both. Camera 1 pre-configured, camera 2 configured by me. Both bought from www.mobius-actioncam.com . Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or whether there’s an Itunes issue with this operating system? Thanks.

Don't try to use iTunes to view your dash cam videos on your Mac. Use the QuickTime Player which you'll find in your applications folder.

Don't try to use iTunes to view your dash cam videos on your Mac. Use the QuickTime Player which you'll find in your applications folder.

Thanks! Got it. I opened Quicktime, clicked on Vivitarmic (which opens when I connect the Mobius, so named because I used a Vivitar thumb drive to hold the Micro SD card, might otherwise be called Noname), clicked on DCIM which opened up a list of files, clicked on a file (may have had to click "open"), full screen shot of file opens, click on forward arrow, the full 5 min (it's set on loop recording) video plays. I much appreciate the assistance.

After reading all 94 pages here over the last 2 days I finally found there were 2 other established threads regarding computers not recognizing the Mobius. I feel rather stupid right now :rolleyes:

Phil

Requesting Assistance - My mobius appears to only be recording audio and no video. Is there a setting or something that I need to change? I did recently have issues with the red light staying solid vs flashing and the camera wasn't recording. I updated v2.37 and reset my settings, just now only recording audio and no video. Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Requesting Assistance - My mobius appears to only be recording audio and no video. Is there a setting or something that I need to change? I did recently have issues with the red light staying solid vs flashing and the camera wasn't recording. I updated v2.37 and reset my settings, just now only recording audio and no video. Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Is there a chance you set the camera to record .WAV (sound only)? It should be set to .MOV.

Mobius_004.jpg

Also, are the Amber LED and the rear Red LED slowly flashing after you start up the camera. If not, what are you seeing?
Ok - I set all parameters to default and now ALL is working fine! Then I changed the settings I wanted again and no issues. Thanks very much for your quick reply and assistance. When in doubt, start from scratch is the lesson here. I've had this cam for quite a long time and it's been awesome.

Back