Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Poor quality cable causing too big a voltage drop over its length and/or a power supply not providing enough current over the required amount to cater for the voltage drop over the longer cable.
What does solid red light means?
If I power it on manually just using the battery and then plug the usb cable after 2 minutes, is it running on battery or the power from USB?

So far,we did not have problem with Mobius C lens camera?
And if your A lens camera is newest rotatable lens?
I have not yet purchased the cam. From what I've learned on these forums, the ideal setup is a "C" lens ran under "narrow" setting and I'd like to try that but first and foremost comes reliability. If it's not going to work as it should then I don't need it.

I just re-read the focus issue thread and it seems to not be heat related and has been resolved.

Last edited:
I just re-read the focus issue thread and it seems to not be heat related and has been resolved.
There were two types of focus problems. One that was heat related, and the other was the grub screw being over tightened at the factory that caused the lens to jam.

I dont think there has been enough testing to say whether any focus issues have been resolved.

I learned yesterday that the replacement "C" lens module I was promised a month ago by Banggood is out of stock. Good thing I finally decided to ask since Banggood surely wasn't going to let me know on their own. Unfortunately, the poor customer service from Banggood is only getting worse. The upshot is that, at least for me, I can't yet report on whether the focus issues have been resolved. To be clear, the bad C lens I received was already the second iteration of the FRP module that apparently continued to exhibit focus problems that were not related to heat. The problem seemed to be one of alignment of the lens with the plane of focus or a warped sensor.

Last edited:
in my limited experience with them I found Banggood to be hopeless, their follow up was appalling as well, basically comes across as 'bad luck buddy, please understand' every dumb statement their staff made had 'please understand' tacked on the end of it like they somehow made everything acceptable

Sometime soon I plan to write up my whole experience with Banggood in the Vendor Feedback forum. At this point it is clear that they are not merely incompetent but intentionally evasive. It's been quite a saga with them this go-around but basically the Mobius C I ordered on February 8th finally arrived with a defective module on April 18th after getting an ongoing run around from their customer service guy that included being given three different alleged "was shipped on" dates. After finally convincing them to replace the bad module and waiting a month for it now, yesterday they replied to me saying, "Thank you for your shopping with Banggood. Mobius New Version Wide Angle Lens C Module is out of stock. We are very sorry for the trouble. Would you like to wait for the item?" Unbelievable! It's a shame because I've ordered from them a number of times and had positive experiences but this shoots the whole thing out of the water.

Sometime soon I plan to write up my whole experience with Banggood in the Vendor Feedback forum. At this point it is clear that they are not merely incompetent but intentionally evasive.

Was that the USA or China warehouse?

I am wondering if it is a problem with a new physical site and system or if it is a problem with the old company location (or both).

That's a big loss for Banggood especially with your positive experience in your past dealings.
I have been patiently waiting to see your new C lens result.
Maybe you could try HoraceCJ's installation of the C lens into A's holder and module. Clip look good.

I am wondering if it is a problem with a new physical site and system or if it is a problem with the old company location (or both).

I'm not sure what warehouses they use for where but I see one of their major failings is knowingly selling product they have absolutely no stock of and saying nothing to the customer

In carcam mode (loop record-on) mobius overwrites the same file. This means that the length of the video archive only 5 minutes maximum (. It is not enough for the car DVR.
Is it normal operation for loop record mode?

In carcam mode (loop record-on) mobius overwrites the same file. This means that the length of the video archive only 5 minutes maximum

it will keep writing 5 minute files until the card is near full and then it will delete the oldest 5 minute segment, if it's not doing this for you then you may have some other issue, have you formatted the card in the mobius, checked the card is ok, error free etc?

It was the China warehouse but that makes little difference. The issue is their corporate mentality. As @jokiin has already pointed out, they have a habit selling goods they don't have in stock, taking your money and then being vague and evasive about when you might actually get your item delivered.

That's a big loss for Banggood especially with your positive experience in your past dealings.
I have been patiently waiting to see your new C lens result.
Maybe you could try HoraceCJ's installation of the C lens into A's holder and module. Clip look good.

As you may recall, I installed a B lens in the C module which improved the image quality to some degree. The problem with using the original metal module is that the new case requires permanent modification if you want to do that and I'd rather not since a replacement C module will eventually get delivered to me.

As you may recall, I installed a B lens in the C module which improved the image quality to some degree. The problem with using the original metal module is that the new case requires permanent modification if you want to do that and I'd rather not since a replacement C module will eventually get delivered to me.

I'm talking of putting C lens into A holder in your older unit. That shouldn't need case mod.

I'm talking of putting C lens into A holder in your older unit. That shouldn't need case mod.

Well, my older Mobius cameras are just perfect as far as I am concerned. They are currently deployed doing what they do and I have no desire or intention of messing with them for the time being. I guess the last thing I want to do right now is start tinkering with good working lens modules while the new acquisition isn't working so very well. I think another consideration is that, at this point, I consider the original metal based "A" and "B" lenses I own to be irreplaceable "gems" that I'd rather leave in their original state.

The new wide angle "C' Mobius was purchased with the intention of experimenting with and eventually installing it as a permanent side facing camera. One way or another that's still the plan.

It's amazing how different our BG experiences have been.

I dealt with Helen and Cody regarding my replacement lens and they had everything sorted very quickly and kept me informed with what was happening along the way.

I ordered my C lens camera Feb 22nd and received around March 4th. I contacted CS about the focus problems on March 25th and had my replacement module on April 10th.

I still need to do more tests, but I'm not convinced that the updated version of the C lens that I received is much better than the first.

I am looking forward to see the results of your tests. Thank you for sharing the information.

I've been buying from Banggood for almost two years now and had always had very positive experiences. In fact, a year ago I even wrote a very positive endorsement in the "Owners Feedback on Vendors" forum called "Banggood Kudos" after they were so courteous, helpful and prompt about replacing a bad "B' module I received from them. Something has changed for the worse over there. At first I thought it was just a bad staff member I was stuck dealing with but at this point it has become clear that it is just how they do business now. Also, a lot can depend on the popularity of the particular item you happen to be ordering. Ironically, I witnessed the same phenomenon at DX (Deal Extreme) several years ago. They were a great company to do business with but now it's a crap shoot. My theory is that it has something to do with what happens when Chinese retailers like this reach a certain size.

BTW, don't ever think for a moment that the names we are given by these customer service folks from these Chinese vendors are real.

imgur album

here are some screengrabs from my Mobius with B-lens, at night. is the quality supposed to be this atrocious? you can't possibly make out license plates, and you can barely even make out the highway exit signs. :confused:

my settings are .mov, wide FOV, 1080P, WDR off, 30fps, and video data rate standard. i cleaned the windshield and lens just before going out for a drive. should i turn WDR on, and/or the video data rate up? or is my lens not adjusted correctly? i know the camera is mounted pretty high up; i read that aiming it down towards your hood helps the focus. maybe i installed it too high up?

Last edited:
Back