Mobius

if using for dashcam purposes (guess that's why you're here) you'll find the motion detect not really suitable if you want continous recording of where you have been, there will be times when recording would stop, stuck in traffic etc

Well, if it's for isurance reasons, recording while there is no motion is pretty senseless in my opinion.

And when I'm loading or unloading my truck I like to record everyting that happens in front of it, so I'm a happy pappy with that feature,

I did notice in low light conditions it has more trouble in detecting the actual motion, but that's just a minor thing.

The only thing I'm a bit up and down with is exposure, I start in day light and end the work day in darkness, or the other way around, so jacking up exposure does get me better view at night, but in daylight it ruins it, besides my experience is that V0.47 still gets me better quality video's, at least sharper at day AND night.......

Anyone else has that too?

I'd like to hear if anyone has jacked up the exposure and has good recordings in daylight too, and how you do that.....

On December 20, 2013, I had a close call. If there was an accident, the guy lied about what happened, and tried to put the blame on me, the video tells a different story.

Recorded with the Mobius with the "B" Lens.

Hey Bob, what settings were you recording at- the Youtube is 720 - is that what the original footage is recorded at? I always have mine set at 1080 and the highest video quality - to help pick up details like the licence plates.

It was shot in 1080/30p. In order to generate a video for YouTube with my comments, I scaled the video down to 720/30p. The bit rate of the original was the mid range or 15Mbps. I don't think a higher bit rate would help, the detail was lost in the high end (whites) and is washed out.

I can notice a difference in daytime footage between the mid and high range footage in 1080, but whether it would have helped you enough to make a difference?

@Isoprop any update coming for the bug in the WebCam module for ExtCam Mobius AC HD? It would answer a lot of people's wish to have live view on their Android phones.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity - how to use the camera s web cam? As i plug in the usb to the pc the camera goes into data mode.

@Isoprop any update coming for the bug in the WebCam module for ExtCam Mobius AC HD? It would answer a lot of people's wish to have live view on their Android phones.
I have nothing to do with the Android app, but since the Mobius works perfectly in webcam mode on a PC I certainly wouldn't call it a bug. If you want to call it a bug, then maybe it's a bug in linux/android:)
Let's call it an incompatibility issue somewhere. The incompatibility could be fixed by modifying the linux/android driver or by the DSP manufacturer. It can't be fixed by firmware alone. No one knows if and when the chip manufacture will modify their libraries.
Once again, webcam works perfectly in Windows....

-17C outside @ morning. Mobius works well :)

Next week they promise -25C, lets see

Yeah many of us aren't as lucky to live in climate like California Bob! :)

Did you know that the battery supplied within the Mobius has a short lifespan?

According to RCGroups Mobius Tech Guru, Tom Frank, it's on 'borrowed time' at just 6 months old ... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27252115&postcount=6247

This has come to light as a result of the shoddy way that UK seller JooVuu is treating a customer in Germany, who's battery has failed 6 1/2 months after buying the Mobius. This person also bought the helmet mount, & has ordered the waterproof case & a wide angle lens. In addition, he provided JooVuu with ideas to help develop the waterproof case, & promoted JooVuu by posting 7 videos on YouTube (>5,000 clicks), linked in 4 different forums (rcgroups 2 threads, rcline, rc-network, fpv-community), all recommending JooVuu.

JooVuu say that the battery is not covered by the Warranty, & that the customer must pay for the replacement battery, including shipping. IMHO this is a clear breach of UK/EU consumer protection law, & that JooVuu are legally liable for replacing the battery (inc shipping costs) during the first year.

I bought my Mobius from JooVuu, & I'm now wondering how much hassle to expect when it's battery expires? If Tom Frank is right, mine has only a couple more months to live.

I've bought various rechargeable products in recent years ... MP3 Player, Cordless Drill, Cordless Phone, GPS, Mobile Phone, Shaver, etc. None developed a fault in the first year, & only one has needed a replacement battery ... after about 3 years use. My expectation is that a rechargeable battery within a consumer product should last at least one year. But, apparently, this expectation is unrealistic in relation to the Mobius.

So, if you hope to get 12 months use out of your Mobius, don't forget to order a couple of spare batteries ... except they won't be spare as you'll definitely need them. If only using the Mobius as a DashCam, it may be prudent to order the capacitor kit instead of batteries, as it may(?) have a longer lifespan.

I believe that the Developer monitors this thread. If so, perhaps you would consider supplying the Mobius with a higher quality, more durable battery? Which would help Mobius develop a reputation for being built to a standard, not down to a price.

If you haven't yet bought a Mobius, you may receive better consumer protection by making the purchase through Amazon or eBay.

Last edited:
... JooVuu are legally liable for replacing the battery (inc shipping costs) during the first year...
As far as I know the warranty for products is one month, not one year...
Anyway, most of the electronics have warranty for battery 0,5 or maximum one year. This is specified in the manual or warranty certificate. For example a Lenovo laptop has 3 years warranty, but the battery has maximum one year warranty.

As far as I know the warranty for products is one month, not one year...
Anyway, most of the electronics have warranty for battery 0,5 or maximum one year. This is specified in the manual or warranty certificate. For example a Lenovo laptop has 3 years warranty, but the battery has maximum one year warranty.

An EU law gives the right of a two year guarantee on goods, but technically, it hasn't been adopted in the UK. Here, our rules trump the European Directive as we can challenge retailers for six years after purchase. If having problems getting goods dealt with within two years, mentioning the rule may persuade sellers to replace faulty goods outside the usual period. Success is likely to depend on personal negotiating skills.

Rechargeable batteries are 'consumables', & cannot be expected to last as long as the overall product. Nevertheless, I don't know of any EU Legislation which permits sellers to avoid liability within 12 months of purchase date.

Battery warranty on most products is much less than the product warranty is, even mobile phones might have 2 year warranty but the battery is often 90 or 180 days only, read the fine print

If you would have one or two years warranty for Mobius (or any other cheap electronics that JooVuu is selling) then most likely the price should be at least 100 GPB for one camera, to cover the risks.

Batteries are almost always have a very short period of warranty, as their life time drastically dependas on user use.
Quality Charger and heat can easily kill the battery. Its impractical to give out free battaries.

On the other hand, the developer, or anyone who knows, need to publish the quality of the battery, meaning the expected life time of the battery in optimum conditions (~20 c), so we can compare it and see how good or bad it is.
An instance of one, or even hundred dead batteries doesn't say much. Battery specification needs to be published and everyone can make thier own minds on what to expect from their battery under their particular conditions and uses.

Battery warranty on most products is much less than the product warranty is, even mobile phones might have 2 year warranty but the battery is often 90 or 180 days only, read the fine print

The manufacturer's warranty is not applicable if it fails to comply with UK/EU consumer protection law. The contract is between the retailer & customer, not between manufacturer & customer. The retailer is legally liable.

JooVuu sell the Mobius for nearly 50% more than eletoponline365 pricing, so they should be able to afford the cost of a replacement battery.

Back