Mobius

To be honest, I have watched this video, but Numbers of passing and counter cars almost can not be read. I would like to declare my eyesight is very good.

July said:
To be honest, I have watched this video, but Numbers of passing and counter cars almost can not be read. I would like to declare my eyesight is very good.

YouTube degrades the quality of any video so not a good way to judge the end result

:(

Thats what I believed to identify:

Time car license plate
00:41 BMW GGT 8605
00:43 Yellow Cab 9192m
00:47 Yellow Cab 6019A ?
01:01 same Cab as in 00:47 6079A
01:28 green Truck 97424 JA ?
01:42 black Chevy T629770C
02:46 silver car on 3rd lane I71 485 ???
03:02 silver car OLU 9188
03:09 silver car right FRZ 8819?
03:11 car in front FGS 8293
03:18 black car EYG 4355
03:27 light blue? car ONZ 5914
03:57 brown car DRW 1463
04:13 black Toyota FMD 9865

Yes, may be one letter or figure is not seen clearly and therefore wrong in the listing above, but compared to a lot of dashcams I would not say you almost cant read them. And as Jokiin said: Youtube is decreasing quality. So the result is much better than a lot of other published videos.
License plates from cars in opposite lane cant be read, thats true. And compared to the price I would say that this cam is doing a much better job than some 300 buck cams :D .

Regards

Edit: @board administration - if publishing the license plates should be a problem feel free to delete them :!: :?: .

Hi everyone,
Mobius final version is now available from www.joovuu.com (based in the UK/EU) and if you use the code 'freemobiusshipping' before 11:59pm Sunday 30th June you pay no shipping. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:
One can't call it an action cam with only one tripod mount. No waterproof case and ect. Not even a sticky 3M velcro tape if you compare this cam to #26 mounting options is a big miss [PENSIVE FACE]

The bitrate when uploaded to youtube is a lot lower than on the original 1080P video we shot on the Mobius.

About the mounts. It comes with a little velcro sticky mount, but there are bike mounts, car mounts (sticky and suction cups) so far. Waterproof and helmet mounts are coming soon. Mounts are easy to make, a great quality affordable little video camera like this is a bit tougher.

Thanks for the reply
looking forward for the final release of FW and this product

JooVuu said:
Hi everyone,
Mobius final version is now available from http://www.joovuu.com (based in the UK/EU) and if you use the code 'freemobiusshipping' before 11:59pm Sunday 30th June you pay no shipping. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Daniel

So has this version got the rear l.e.d. ?

The final version does not have LEDs on the back. The final hardware version is out and the final release firmware as well (although I'm sure there will be many firmware updates to come).

Oh ok, a retailer told me they were going to add a rear led for it to be used better as a dash cam

You know I thought that was supposed to be true. It looks like there are holes for LEDs on the rear but I do not see them blinking upon recording on the unit.

Northernlanes said:
drh said:
This is the older brother of 808 #16 cam
I read it will also have one LED light in the back

I read this also, not buying till this version is available (any ideas ?), and when Techmoan has tested it against the 808 #26 (imminent apparently ! )
Yeah I seem him dogging about the british weather so he could test the cameras over here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J56UEmFS ... ata_player

spytec said:
You know I thought that was supposed to be true. It looks like there are holes for LEDs on the rear but I do not see them blinking upon recording on the unit.

It's probably a preference in the settings and may be off by default.
GUI programs like this are available to change it: http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html
Looking forward to getting this camera down the road, been an 808 #16 fan for over a year.

Hey,
We now have the full range of Mobius accessories to go with the Mobius:
- Car mount
- Bike mount
- Helmet mount (3rd party)
- mini tripod
- tv out cable
- car charger

We are also selling 4gb 16gb and 32gb microsd cards. If you order this weekend you get free shipping :)

Kind regards,

Dan

There is no fake Mobius as far as I know. The first of those is from the manufacturer in China and the 2nd listing is our Ebay store (we're in NY) and neither of them are fakes.
The device came out a week ago! Even though the Chinese manufacturers are quick to come out with fakes, they aren't that fast!

Pretty cheap but they did't include basic accessories such as a car mount and video-out cable. Also not sure if it comes with a charger. The price will get to $100 once ypu include those.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Swordfish said:
Pretty cheap but they did't include basic accessories such as a car mount and video-out cable. Also not sure if it comes with a charger. The price will get to $100 once ypu include those

A car mount is about $5, a USB A to Mini B cable under $10, a USB 12V adapter $2.
No special charger is needed as any standard USB cable will work as long as it gets 1A from a USB 12V car adapter.
I just went though this is preparation for the Mobius that I ordered for $69 from eletoponline365.

drh said:
Guys have you noticed that the cam is heavily under 100$ ? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Mobius+Actioncam
i am very pleased with price just hope it's not fake

No way those are fakes, not yet anyway.
Buying from trusted sellers like eletoponline365 (and a few others) will ensure that as they are closely involved with the developers of the Mobius.

Back