mSetup, saving config to PC?

wll

Reaction score
Country
United States
using mSetup 4.0.11.2, mobius 1 FW ver. 2.41

i want to save the profiles/config to PC before changing battery.

i see the save button but not an option to save configuration to a folder on PC.

how do i do this?

Not required, just swap the battery.

Believe there's a "Profile" you can save to.
I don't save to it myself. Just do setup from scratch again. Not so hard with Msetup on PC.

good to know. didn't realize. thanks

i hit the [save] profile button and thought a dialog box would pop up asking where to save it. never saw it or any other msg for that matter. searched hard drives for a "syscfg.txt"(sic?) file, one wasn't located.

i have a sheet with my config options marked out, so like you using mSetup from scratch not a long process. .

thanks for the insights

i hit the [save] profile button and thought a dialog box would pop up asking where to save it. never saw it or any other msg for that matter. searched hard drives for a "syscfg.txt"(sic?) file, one wasn't located.

check if it has saved to the memory card on the camera

i have a sheet with my config options marked out, so like you using mSetup from scratch not a long process. .

thanks for the insights

It will save the configuration within the app and you can choose to use it again at a future date. No need to save it to a separate folder.

thanks for the insights
In the "Tools" dialog, right at the bottom, you'll see the name of the working folder where all the files for mSetup are stored. So long the path isn't too long, it will be shown correctly. This folder includes all the firmware files you have downloaded and a file named mSetup.cfg which contains ALL your profiles for ALL the different cameras you may have. There is no need to store a whole bunch of camera configuration files in different folders. mSetup.cfg is a text file for convenience only. It is not designed to be edited by hand. The first part (header) of mSetup.cfg defines the parameters you have set for running the program. The rest of the file contains all the profiles you have defined. There is no limit in the number of profiles you can define, but I expect at some time the program will choke, so I don't suggest storing more than a few thousand profiles for all the Mobius cameras.

Back