My A119 V2

Hi guys ... in the end I did not understand what was the problem of the other day the user had problems with the formatting of the micro SD.
Now a new micro SD 64 GB ( Samsung Evo Plus U3 ) has come to me; I put it in my pc and tested it as speed. I checked the format and is exFAT, if I insert it in Viofo A119, can it cause problems or should I put it in the dashcam to make "Format Memory" so I format it in the format that she wants? And what size do you want her to be the exFAT or the FAT32?
Thank you :)
Just format it in the camera.

Hi guys ... in the end I did not understand what was the problem of the other day the user had problems with the formatting of the micro SD.
Now a new micro SD 64 GB ( Samsung Evo Plus U3 ) has come to me; I put it in my pc and tested it as speed. I checked the format and is exFAT, if I insert it in Viofo A119, can it cause problems or should I put it in the dashcam to make "Format Memory" so I format it in the format that she wants? And what size do you want her to be the exFAT or the FAT32?
Thank you :)

Format the card using the camera's format option, will get formatted to FAT32.

Correct. If you put it in the camera with exfat, it simply won't work. The camera will complain that the card has an error or needs to be formatted, and will probably offer to format it for you.

No matter what kind of device it is - point n shoot camera, dashcam, mp3 player, camcorder, smartphone, etc - you should always format a new memory card in the device you're going to use it in, so that it will work at its peak efficiency.

Red light leaking through the ventilation holes below the record button, clearly visible through the front windshield.

View attachment 33951

View attachment 33952

The leak visible through the front windshield was actually from the gap between the adjustable lens module's housing and the camera's housing. The leak was a lot more visible for a rear install with the lens adjusted to the last click.

Fixed by shifting the piece of black cloth-tape pasted next to the sensor cable's ZIF socket.

IMG_0326.png

Shifted the tape a couple of millimetres to the right, now it's flush with the right arm that supports the lens module.

IMG_0327.png

Last edited:
From the night shots, I noticed there are white specs on these videos as well. I have some bigger ones near the top of the screen and have not had time to test whether these are reflections or hot spots. Looks like these hot spots are normal for night recording?

From the night shots, I noticed there are white specs on these videos as well. I have some bigger ones near the top of the screen and have not had time to test whether these are reflections or hot spots. Looks like these hot spots are normal for night recording?

Yes, lots of hot pixels on the new Beta firmware (3.4B). It's still a Beta, don't see any with 1440p on version 3.3. 1080p does show a few on 3.3 as well.

This is due to HDR. When the hdr turns off pixels disappear. It is caused by the fact that with hdr is the image much more white.

Here I learn so much about photography and I quote.............. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. ... However, the purpose of wide dynamic range WDR and HDR is the same which is to turn the dark and bright details to be clear under the high-contrasted light condition. The difference is that the implementation methods are different

Here I learn so much about photography and I quote.............. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. ... However, the purpose of wide dynamic range WDR and HDR is the same which is to turn the dark and bright details to be clear under the high-contrasted light condition. The difference is that the implementation methods are different

I did not know this, thanks for explaining it. :)

I see WDR since V2 of the FW. Is there an HDR function coming soon along WDR?

Hi boys! I have a realy big problem with my Viofo A119 V2.
So, today i set the cablages and the dashcam. I bougth and Hardwire set with 3 cables as just my father bought for his Goluk T1. The 3 wires are for : yellow for the ACC (when you put the key the camera starts to records), the +12V from which camera can record in parking mode (when the key is off) and the negative.

But when i connect the camera (even if there wasn't the key in) and without any moviments the camera immediatelly starts to record o_O while in parking mode of if they see movements should be start recording, right?

Then when i put in the key and start the engine tha camera continue to record.

I shot down the engine and take out the key and the Dashcam didn't change its status in parking mode but continie to recording as if the engine is working.

My father goluk when start the engine stars recording, when he stop the car and shot down the engine automatically commute to parking mode that only record if there is movements and not recording however! Then if he restart the engine the goluk start immediatelly to record..

Is there any problems? The cablages are correct and the yellow goes to ACC fuse of car and the red to +12V constant of the fuse car.
So what it could be? Why when i shot down the engine the camera wouldn't shot down and wait to recorder only when it see movements?

I link some photos and videos of problems.
Thanks

b84b0c1fa606ed5026175fb220be76dc.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

The 119 does not have an extra power input for parking mode. Parking mode is entered when the GPS says the car has not moved in a while, and the G sensor does not detect any movement.

Hi boys! I have a realy big problem with my Viofo A119 V2.
So, today i set the cablages and the dashcam. I bougth and Hardwire set with 3 cables as just my father bought for his Goluk T1. The 3 wires are for : yellow for the ACC (when you put the key the camera starts to records), the +12V from which camera can record in parking mode (when the key is off) and the negative.

But when i connect the camera (even if there wasn't the key in) and without any moviments the camera immediatelly starts to record o_O while in parking mode of if they see movements should be start recording, right?

Then when i put in the key and start the engine tha camera continue to record.

I shot down the engine and take out the key and the Dashcam didn't change its status in parking mode but continie to recording as if the engine is working.

My father goluk when start the engine stars recording, when he stop the car and shot down the engine automatically commute to parking mode that only record if there is movements and not recording however! Then if he restart the engine the goluk start immediatelly to record..

Is there any problems? The cablages are correct and the yellow goes to ACC fuse of car and the red to +12V constant of the fuse car.
So what it could be? Why when i shot down the engine the camera wouldn't shot down and wait to recorder only when it see movements?

I link some photos and videos of problems.
Thanks

b84b0c1fa606ed5026175fb220be76dc.jpg

The Goluk model communicates with the hardwire kit and automatically switches to parking mode. There's no communication between the camera and the kit when using it with the A119. Regardless of ACC or POWER, if the camera senses power it'll start normal recording or enter parking mode (after the default wait period), depends on your settings.

The Goluk model communicates with the hardwire kit and automatically switches to parking mode. There's no communication between the camera and the kit when using it with the A119. Regardless of ACC or POWER, if the camera senses power it'll start normal recording or enter parking mode (after the default wait period), depends on your settings.
With your knowledge about dash cams maybe you should try to become a retailer in India as you are extremely informed about DVR's:)

So it means that is the same if i use a converter 12/5V with only +12V and negative and a converter 12/5V with ACC,+12V and negative because the A119 however only see the +12V and decide what to do the ineer sensors?

Back