My A119S is acting up

Stephen13

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased a dash cover for my truck to see if it would help to cut down the reflection of the top of my dash in my cam's videos. It was a short drive so I only have two 3 minute videos to go by. In both vids (FW2.1) the playback is fine for about the first minute or so. After that the audio cuts out and a few seconds after that the video starts to play back at what looks like slow motion. This continues for a minute or so and then the video starts to play back at close to normal speed but the motion is a little, for lack of a better word, jerky. In other words it doesn't flow smoothly. Any ideas as to what might be going on here?

BTW the dash cover seems to have helped with the reflection from the top of the dash but it's been replaced with a reflection off the dash cover. It's better than it was because the dash reflection could be seen in almost the entire image as seen by the cam. The reflection of the dash cover seems to only be on the truck's hood that is seen by the cam.

Are you playing videos directly from the card?

Try copying the video file over to your computer and playing it from there. Does it play fine on the camera itself?

What memory card are you using?

What player are you using?

To answer your questions I started by hooking up the cam to the computer with a USB cable. The memory card is a 64G Samsung EVO Select U3. The vids are being played back with Quick Time Player. I didn't try viewing the vids on the camera itself.

Since my first post I tried removing the card from the cam and inserting it into a Transcend USB card reader and plugging that into the computer. Using this method plays the video back without any hitches. Not sure exactly why that made a difference. I'm not a computer savvy person so that could have a lot to do with it. Anyway... in the few weeks I've owned the cam playing vids back by connecting the cam to the computer has always worked without any problems. If using the reader is a better way to view the vids I'll just do that from now on.

To answer your questions I started by hooking up the cam to the computer with a USB cable. The memory card is a 64G Samsung EVO Select U3. The vids are being played back with Quick Time Player. I didn't try viewing the vids on the camera itself.

Since my first post I tried removing the card from the cam and inserting it into a Transcend USB card reader and plugging that into the computer. Using this method plays the video back without any hitches. Not sure exactly why that made a difference. I'm not a computer savvy person so that could have a lot to do with it. Anyway... in the few weeks I've owned the cam playing vids back by connecting the cam to the computer has always worked without any problems. If using the reader is a better way to view the vids I'll just do that from now on.

My current laptop plays files directly from the card without any issues, the previous one sometimes behaved like what you described. Best practice would be to copy the files to the computer before playback.

Reactions: gse
I'll keep that in mind next time I view any vids.

Thanks for the input everyone.

cameras make for poor card readers, take the card out and put it in a card reader and copy the files to your PC for playback will be quicker and get you better results

Back