My brand new SG9665GC V3 is not performing as expected!

Well rested? had fun? Nice weather?

Thanks. Weather was nice, but "too nice weather" is not for me, - I got burned under the sun. I prefer good old Irish weather :)
Other than that I had my batteries recharged and now back to reality, back to work !

I just checked the video on my new V3 and the focus is bad when the camera heats up. My 3 year old Mobius in the rear has a better image.

The focus quality on the V3 is okay when it is cold but after it heats up in the sun the focus goes out. This week has not even been a hot week with temps only in the 70's and low 80's F. I don't want to just exchange at Amazon if there is a manufacturing issue that prevents the focus from holding when it heats up. What do you say @Street Guardian USA ? Is mine defective or will all of them get fuzzy in the heat? It will get much hotter here as we get further into the summer. Should I swap out via Amazon or do you want to arrange to swap it out? I'm in the USA, CA. Purchased 6/28/17 direct from Street Guardian at Amazon SC9665GC V3 2017 Ed.

First picture V3 screen capture when cold. 2nd Pic is V3 after being parked in sun a couple of hours. 3rd pic is today after being parked in sun about 30 minutes and in A/C car for 30 minutes driving. vlcsnap-2017-07-03-15h22m22s577.jpgvlcsnap-2017-07-03-15h23m45s685.jpg

vlcsnap-2017-07-03-15h03m59s312.jpg

Wow, super fast end excellent service! Reply sent to PM.

10 minutes! I think there'll be some stern talking to on StreetGuardian USA's review this year!

Had similar problems with my 2.5 weeks old V3., S/N:17021153. Has worked less than 5-6 hours, did not even fill up the 64gb card to record on old files. Updated to the latest sw, based on the instructions of SG site. @niko is already aware of the issue since 3 days ago, he is in constant communication and as expected, he has the replacement ready to be shipped, if not shipped already.

I have already made several moves that are suggested in such cases; clean the lens and the CPL, clean the windshield in and out, added on the first days an EVA and so on.

Niko is not aware of this, just found out, as I search in deeper and deeper within my videos; it seems that the blur on video was there from the start, just getting worse with the use (+heat from the Greek sun) and when the cam cooled down, it was better but not 100% there. You see, this is my first cam and my experience very low.

This is the first ever capture from the very first 3 min clip, all seems nice;

1.jpg

Few minutes later, and driving towards the strong morning Greek sun, it seemed ok;
2.jpg

Here as well, at 95%;

3.jpg

Until...catastrophy! :D

4.jpg

11 days after that and with the cam cool enough, took a 20 min ride.

5.jpg

Screenshot was taken with car still, reaching my destination. All was kinda well;

6.jpg

And then, after 2 hours with the cam shut down while on the wind shield at 30 degrees Celsius, this happened;

7.jpg

2.5 hours later, with the cam cooled down, image was a lot better but not as sharp as I would expect in the middle of the frame, but maybe I am wrong? ;

8.jpg

2 days later, took another drive, screenshot with cam just started recording, still not 100% at the centre of the frame, at least to my eyes;

9.jpg

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
New replacement unit dispatched today, will provide you tracking link soon.
Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

10 mins later, again blurred/out of focus;

10.jpg

Clearly shown here;

11.jpg

While car was parked at any time under a fat shade, driving around in traffic and heat, made it worse;

12.jpg

This is the last screenshot when I came back;

13.jpg

This is the last screenshot I took yesterday, before starting packing it for it to go back to Niko for further tests and tear down to find the reason behind this;

14.jpg

Thank you all for taking the time to see my posts. It seems that I will be among the ones who will receive the famous aftesales service of the Street Guardian guys (y)

Thank you all for taking the time to see my posts. It seems that I will be among the ones who will receive the famous aftesales service of the Street Guardian guys (y)

Sorry about that, I'll talk with @niko and make sure he gets whatever he needs from us to make sure this gets sorted for you

Thank you. Niko has been very supportive and co-operative since the order and stands by me offering various solutions.

That is the main reason I chose your product in the first place as indeed you offer peace of mind user experience in any given case.

It reminds me a story of two partners here in Greece when they ordered two w211 e-class Mercs back in 2006. Both had auto gearboxes and both had issues with it within a couple of months. They were completely changed with no hassle or buts and they remained happy and loyal to the brand.

We must understand that everything is coming out of a production line and that nobody can guarantee that either parts from supplier or assembly will always be at the required level. That is a struggle for any manufacturer. No company in the history has ever reached a 100% free defective product.

We must understand that everything is coming out of a production line and that nobody can guarantee that either parts from supplier or assembly will always be at the required level. That is a struggle for any manufacturer. No company in the history has ever reached a 100% free defective product.

true unfortunately, try as we might it's always going to be the case I think

anyway I'll speak with Niko about it and help get you sorted

That was some fierce heat related focus shifting, you need to remember to shift some of that warm weather north/west or this will happen again. :D

100% free defective product

Danish governments in the past 30 years will strongly argue against that, at least that's how i feel they think.

Less than a week has passed and replacement unit has just been received. Thank you @niko for your support! Will revert over the next few days with some screenshots of the videos.

I am very happy with myself, having made a wise choice by choosing Street Guardian's products ;)

Back