My Mobius thread: initial contact, some questions and why I didn't keep it (read this before buying)

It's the same time here. I left him a message here on DCT yesterday at 6:13 PM and he replied at 9:15 PM saying he'd take a look at the ticket today.
Have you got your problem sorted yet? I have been waiting since early December to get any sort of response from JooVuu other than automatically generated emails to tickets I have raised. And I'm still waiting!

I returned my Mobius to meet the 30 day deadline imposed by JooVuu (and also the UK distance selling regulations) but have had no acknowledgement of receipt. So I am minus both Mobius and cash at present.

This is my fourth Mobius from JooVuu and the first time I have had reason to complain. I expected better after service.

Have you got your problem sorted yet? I have been waiting since early December to get any sort of response from JooVuu other than automatically generated emails to tickets I have raised. And I'm still waiting!

I returned my Mobius to meet the 30 day deadline imposed by JooVuu (and also the UK distance selling regulations) but have had no acknowledgement of receipt. So I am minus both Mobius and cash at present.

This is my fourth Mobius from JooVuu and the first time I have had reason to complain. I expected better after service.

Unfortunately, your experience with JooVuu appears to be all too common, as the same or similar reports seem to play themselves out in one form or another here on DCT over and over as time goes on. There always seems to be an excuse or explanation or denial or non acknowledgement but the bottom line is the same.....poor or non-existent customer service with occasional accusations and even blaming of the customer.

See: Owners Feedback on Vendors for numerous examples.

I was initially very interested in the new JooVuu X camera that was recently introduced but there have been so many red flags regarding how this outfit conducts itself that I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I feel badly for the vendors that have taken on this camera because I have the sense they may well be in store for some of the same kind of infuriating discouragements that many of the retail customers have been reporting for about a year now. Time will tell.

Yes. I got the okay to return the camera, sent it on the 25th, on the 28th received the confirmation that the package arrived there. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the confirmation of the replacement unit's shippment. So far I haven't lost faith in JooVuu's customer support. Let's hope it stays this way.

Unfortunately, your experience with JooVuu appears to be all too common, as the same or similar reports seem to play themselves out in one form or another here on DCT over and over as time goes on. There always seems to be an excuse or explanation or denial or non acknowledgement but the bottom line is the same.....poor or non-existent customer service with occasional accusations and even blaming of the customer.

See: Owners Feedback on Vendors for numerous examples.

I was initially very interested in the new JooVuu X camera that was recently introduced but there have been so many red flags regarding how this outfit conducts itself that I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I feel badly for the vendors that have taken on this camera because I have the sense they may well be in store for some of the same kind of infuriating discouragements that many of the retail customers have been reporting for about a year now. Time will tell.
Thanks for the link Dashmellow; now I'm really worried! At least Module 79L seems to be making some progress. Good luck to him.

The replacement unit arrived yesterday, did a test last night and, surprise, surprise... well, see for yourselves:

Settings: Narrow, Std, WDR ON
1-REC_0001_Integral, narrow, std, WDR on (1).jpg

Settings: Narrow, High, WDR ON 3-REC_0001_Kingston, narrow, hi, WDR on (1).jpg

Settings: Narrow, Std, Low Light 6-REC_0001_Kingston, narrow,std, low light (2).jpg

Settings: Wide, Std, WDR ON 8-REC_0001_Integral, wide, std, WDR on (2).jpg

Help...

Last edited:
The replacement unit arrived yesterday, did a test last night and, surprise, surprise... well, see for yourselves:

Settings: Narrow, Std, WDR ON
View attachment 20815

Settings: Narrow, High, WDR ON View attachment 20816

Settings: Narrow, Std, Low Light View attachment 20817

Settings: Wide, Std, WDR ON View attachment 20818

:(:(

Glad you've got it sorted Module 79L; nice pictures. I also got a camera delivered yesterday, 11th Feb. Unfortunately it was the one I returned to JooVuu on 31st December! Acceptance had been refused on the grounds of insufficient postage despite my having used the returns procedure detailed on JooVuu's website which automatically generates a pre-paid postage label and which was accepted by the local Post Office. I wasn't even given the chance to pay the £3 due. We are not talking international postage; I only live about 35 miles from the JooVuu UK store. Any further development, good or bad, I will post on the 'Owners Feedback on Vendors' thread where it belongs.

Last edited:
Glad you've got it sorted Module 79L; nice pictures. I also got a camera delivered yesterday, 11th Feb. Unfortunately it was the one I returned to JooVuu on 31st December! Acceptance had been refused on the grounds of insufficient postage despite my having used the returns procedure detailed on JooVuu's website which automatically generates a pre-paid postage label and which was accepted by the local Post Office. I wasn't even given the chance to pay the £3 due. We are not talking international postage; I only live about 35 miles from the JooVuu UK store. Any further development, good or bad, I will post on the 'Owners Feedback on Vendors' thread where it belongs.

Dear Sir
As stated in the email which I have resent again today to you. The returned camera cannot be rejected for insufficient postage on the returns label. Unless you sent a box weighing more than 1kg or dimensions bigger than 20x20x15cm it cannot be rejected.

I have a meeting with my Royal Mail account manager today (in about 44minutes) and will bring it up with him then.

I'll report back on here my findings.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Dear XXX. XXXXXXX,
As stated in the email which I have resent again today to you. The returned camera cannot be rejected for insufficient postage on the returns label. Unless you sent a box weighing more than 1kg or dimensions bigger than 20x20x15cm it cannot be rejected.

I have a meeting with my Royal Mail account manager today (in about 44minutes) and will bring it up with him then.

Kind regards,

Whatever may or may not be going on here with Royal Mail is one thing but posting a customer's real name on this public forum is outrageously improper and unwarranted. One again we are seeing an example of this vendor's unfitting behavior.

Last edited:
Whatever may or may not be going on here with Royal Mail is one thing but posting a customer's real name on this public forum is outrageously improper and unwarranted. One again we are seeing an example of this vendor's unfitting behavior.

Thank you for pointing that out - we were just moving to quickly.

However, unfitting behavior is kind of a laughable description of that. I know you have a personal hatred of us but don't you get bored of trolling us? Do you honestly not have anything better to do?

We have a business - a very successful one as I'm sure you do, but we don't troll people. We get on with our lives and well, don't do what you're doing on the internet. Maybe you enjoy it and that's fine, if so, keep doing it, but I think a lot of people are bored of it.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for pointing that out - we were just moving to quickly.

However, unfitting behavior is kind of a laughable description of that. I know you have a personal hatred of us but don't you get bored of trolling us? Do you honestly not have anything better to do?

We have a business - a very successful one as I'm sure you do, but we don't troll people. We get on with our lives and well, don't do what you're doing on the internet. Maybe you enjoy it and that's fine, if so, keep doing it, but I think a lot of people are bored of it.

Cheers,

There is not another vendor here on DCT other than you who would ever even consider posting a customer's real name. And certainly, the last thing any other vendor would do is attack the forum member who mentioned this and then post that member's name real name. (speaking of trolling) As a vendor Dan, you are the ONLY entity here who publicly disparages customers who complain about the poor service they receive from you along with anyone who offers commentary about your behavior and business practices.

Just recently, I learned that you are only in your mid-twenties, which at least to some degree might explain the pronounced lack of maturity so often on display from you here on DCT as compared with other more polished businessmen and entrepreneurs. For your sake Daniel, I hope you can eventually learn how to behave like an adult.

Last edited:
Dear Sir

Kind regards,
I have only received the one email - after my posting on this site.

The package weighed 294 grams and measured 22 x 16 x 5 cm. It was contained in one of the TWO padded envelopes in the package that you originally sent to me, as I was only rejecting one of the camera packs. These envelopes measure 26 x 20 cm, which can be reduced to 22 x 16 cm by folding in the non-padded edges, so why do you set the size limit at 20 x 20 cm? I look forward to hearing the comments of Royal Mail as the package was weighed and accepted by the Post Office.

There is not another vendor here on DCT other than you who would ever even consider posting a customer's real name. And certainly, the last thing any other vendor would do is attack the forum member who mentioned this and then post that member's name real name. (speaking of trolling) As a vendor Dan, you are the ONLY entity here who publicly disparages customers who complain about the poor service they receive from you along with anyone who offers commentary about your behavior and business practices.

Just recently, I learned that you are only in your mid-twenties, which at least to some degree might explain the pronounced lack of maturity so often on display from you here on DCT as compared with other more polished businessmen and entrepreneurs. For your sake Daniel, I hope you can eventually learn how to behave like an adult.

Whilst I take all criticism on board - I find it hard to take yours and you are clearly not objective with me and JooVuu. As such I will ask you refrain from commenting about my company or me. We both clearly wind each other up and rather than continue to do this why don't we both abide by the age old saying, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it". I'll be implementing this from now on and I believe you should as well unless you want to continue to waste forum users time with your petty childish comments and diggs aimed towards us. However, we will not be dragged down to that low level you are setting and as such will now refrain from engaging with your comments.

We have a right to defend our self which people seem to forget and you have a right to call us out, however, as this on further necessitates this vicious circle whatever comment you throw at us we will just ignore. If you have genuine suggestions, tips, or ideas, please PM me privately on here and I'll be more than happy to take them on board, but whatever you post publicly I will assume the worst and as such ignore it.

Have a great day and weekend!

Kind regards,

Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst I take all criticism on board - I find it hard to take yours and you are clearly not objective with me and JooVuu. As such I will ask you refrain from commenting about my company or me. We both clearly wind each other up and rather than continue to do this why don't we both abide by the age old saying, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it". I'll be implementing this from now on and I believe you should as well unless you want to continue to waste forum users time with your petty childish comments and diggs aimed towards us. However, we will not be dragged down to that low level you are setting and as such will now refrain from engaging with your comments.

We have a right to defend our self which people seem to forget and you have a right to call us out, however, as this on further necessitates this vicious circle whatever comment you throw at us we will just ignore. If you have genuine suggestions, tips, or ideas, please PM me privately on here and I'll be more than happy to take them on board, but whatever you post publicly I will assume the worst and as such ignore it.

Have a great day and weekend!

Kind regards,

Daniel

The idea that a vendor, especially one who fields as many public complaints as you do would ask a member to not comment about them is patently ridiculous, but coming from you certainly not surprising.

I will certainly pledge to refrain from saying or doing anything inappropriate but I do intend to speak my mind with honesty if and when there is logical reason for discussion.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey Dashmellow, as long as you're participating in this thread, how about pitching in with your knowledge to help me (us) find out what's causing this issue? ;)

Hey Dashmellow, as long as you're participating in this thread, how about pitching in with your knowledge to help me (us) find out what's causing this issue? ;)

The new screen shots look somewhat grainy but on the whole not all that bad and certainly much better than the first images you posted from the other lens module. The Mobius does pretty well at night all things considered, but its never been spectacular.

Some graininess is normal as long as you can capture what is going on and the new images seem essentially to do that. With my Mobius cameras, especially because I live in a rural area where often I drive down roads with no street lights sometimes it does look grainy (and sometimes not) but I'm fairly pleased with the results. The Mobius performs so much better than early dash cams that I owned years ago that were basically useless at night, so I'm OK for now with the performance and hope for better as new technology becomes available. The Mobius is already getting pretty long in the tooth.

If you really need better night time performance you might need to go with a camera that has a Sony sensor or wait to see how the Mobius 2 performs. You might also try experimenting with other menu settings on the Mobius just to see if anything improves.

Last edited:
Wow this thread is really reminding me of this gif....

duty_calls.png

All I can say is that based on comments and behavior seen here, I know one vendor I will NEVER use. Learn to let it go. Not doing any good and IS hurting your business.

Last edited:
The new screen shots look somewhat grainy but on the whole not all that bad and certainly much better than the first images you posted from the other lens module. The Mobius does pretty well at night all things considered, but its never been spectacular.
Did you watched them in full size? Because in a smaller size they actually don't look that bad. It's only in full size that the coloured graininess is more noticeable.
I made a video with the test clips I recorded yesterday and uploaded it to YT. If you watch the video in 720p it smooths the grains and the quality is acceptable but if you watch it in 1080p, even in a small screen, it's pretty bad, just like in the raw files.

Some graininess is normal as long as you can capture what is going on and the new images seem essentially to do that. With my Mobius cameras, especially because I live in a rural area where often I drive down roads with no street lights sometimes it does look grainy (and sometimes not) but I'm fairly pleased with the results. The Mobius performs so much better than early dash cams that I owned years ago that were basically useless at night, so I'm OK for now with the performance and hope for better as new technology becomes available. The Mobius is already getting pretty long in the tooth.
To be honest, I don't see any differences between the first camera and this one. The new screenshots may perhaps look a bit better because the conditions were different: no rain, less reflections and the lighting of the place where I did this last test is a bit better too. I also tried to record as much as possible the added illumination from the car's headlights to see how the camera reacted to a better lit environment.
I only have the G1W-H and the AT11DA's night quality to compare the Mobius with and so far both of them beat the Mobius hands down. If this is really the best the Mobius can do then I must say I'm a little disappointed because I was expecting something better than what two no-brand generic cameras can provide.
But I'm still not convinced. From what I've seen and from what people say, it has to do better than this.

If you really need better night time performance you might need to go with a camera that has a Sony sensor or wait to see how the Mobius 2 performs. You might also try experimenting with other menu settings on the Mobius just to see if anything improves.
I don't need excellent night video quality (but I wouldn't mind having a camera with a Sony sensor ;) ), I'd be happy with something similar to the G1W-H's quality. The AT11DA is a bit darker and doesn't capture as much detail at night as the G1W-H, but doesn't have the graininess this Mobius have.
If I could I'd make one out of the two: the G1W-H's night quality and 15Mbps firmware with the AT11DA's lens, which is better and has the FOV I like. :)

I haven't played with the Advanced Image Settings yet (well, except for the test with @petepete's settings) but I will, just for the sake of it, because I find it wouldn't have to be neccessary to resort to them to get the camera to work properly at night. And then there's always the question if those settings won't mess up the daytime quality.

Back