My Panorama X2

If that happens you should be able to unplug the power cable for a few seconds and it will shut down - once it's gone I usually give it 10 seconds or so and then reconnect the power cable.

When you then start the car again it should come back to life.

Yep, I've done that reverend thank you. I have turned off the parking mode as per Niko's suggestion and will see what happens over the next few days.

Edit: I have noticed that the camera seems to get extremely warm, is this normal? Not likely to go up in flames is it!

Last edited:
Hi again Niko,
It's strange that this has stared to happen now. It was working perfectly for quite a few weeks without any problems.

I mentioned in my earlier post that I had run chkdsk and all was fine. What I forgot to mention was that after I got back home this morning, in addition to the logo showing all of the time, there were no recordings made.

I don't know if I am going to be able to turn off the parking mode as I was not able to get into anything earlier. As I said, if I tap the screen, all I get is a beep with no options coming up. What will be the answer if I still can't get in?

Thanks again.
I have few ideas. I will write longer tonight when back to my PC.

Yep, I've done that reverend thank you. I have turned off the parking mode as per Niko's suggestion and will see what happens over the next few days.

Edit: I have noticed that the camera seems to get extremely warm, is this normal? Not likely to go up in flames is it!

It is normal when camera gets warm to a certain level, they all do this. Risk is for dashcams with built in batteries, but X2 has a capacitors ( instead of batteries ) so there are no big risks for supercaps based dashcams.

After you test few days driving with no parking mode and everything seems to be fine, you can try to go back to parking mode "ON", select maximum battery cut-off point ( 12.4V ) and 6 hour cut-off timer. Let's see how it works for you.

OK Niko, thanks very much for that. Will get back to you in due course.

i have never used the park mode shut off option on this device since its launch and not once have i experienced any freezing. i suspect if you keep the power shut off disabled , you should be good.. ;)

I haven't worked out why, but I had a totally flat battery again last weekend. I've taken to disconnecting my camera completely now when my car is on the drive at home. It causes too much hassle otherwise.

I leave the parking mode active if I go out anywhere though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't worked out why, but I had a totally flat battery again last weekend. I've taken to disconnecting my camera completely now when my car is on the drive at home. It causes too much hassle otherwise.

I leave the parking mode active if I go out anywhere though.
Do you use same parking mode settings as before: 12.4V and 6h. power cut off ?

Hi Niko, yes those are the sttings that I am using.

Hi Niko, yes those are the sttings that I am using.

Strange, with v1.01.09 I havnt seen this, only with 1.02 xx series, but your experience shows that v1.01.09 might also have a bug in battery discharge prevention module / settings.
There is a solution to install an external BDP ( battery discharge prevention ) device and this way you can use X2 in parking mode without risk car battery being discharged.
Let me know if you are OK to go with this solution:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-to-install-panarama-x2.9727/#post-136580

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Niko, What is involved with this solution?

Niko, is the general advice for people running 1.02.05 & Lexar 633x cards to now use a BDP or will the new 1.02.07 firmware resolve this?

Niko, is the general advice for people running 1.02.05 & Lexar 633x cards to now use a BDP or will the new 1.02.07 firmware resolve this?

Lexar 633x has best feedback on 1.02.05.
For other cards it is recommended to format memory cards quite frequently ( at least 1-2 times per week ), at least this technique worked for me in most cases.
Can not confirm about v1.02.07 yet. We need minimum 1-2 weeks to fully test it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back