nanoQ 0903

Your daytime footage looks a little out of focus if you ask me. Are there any calibration engineers menu where you can calibrate the camera to solve the hot pixels like the Gitup.
No calibration in the menu. I'll take a closer look at the focus. What is the good distance to focus on if I decide to do something?

Speak with Rayman.Chan ask if there is a hidden menu for calibration and ask hi what is the best distance , I know it's best to use your large screen TV and a focus chart.

Calibration is done in engineering mode, it's not a regular menu option, have a look at the how-to in the Git 2 section and you'll understand how it's done

Speak with Rayman.Chan ask if there is a hidden menu for calibration and ask hi what is the best distance , I know it's best to use your large screen TV and a focus chart.
Do you think left side is in better focus than the right one?

What is the good distance to focus on if I decide to do something?

3m for re-focus, which will make the dash camera lens in best performance for 0.5m to infinity.

1, left side is in better focus than the right one -- from my view, YES left is good and right is not acceptable. please check if the lens was squeezed by the plastic of front housing. the hole for lens (17.2mm) should be little larger than lens (17mm) so there is no contact between lens and front housing; we have checked this probelm in factory this afternoon after I checked your footage, few camera have this problem when assembling. QC girls was trained once again to audit carefully.
2, GPS format on screen (decimal point in wrong place) -- that is the raw data from GPS. we think it is not a good idea to rework that.
3, display stays on and has to be turned off manually -- will check
4, time zone setting (had to set it to -2, normally I am -5) -- will check the codes. if anyone else have this problem, please let we know.
5, HOT PIXELS! in night footage -- engineer told it is not hot pixels but highlights on sensor. he is working on this with Novatek to check how to improve but I get the good news that can be improved.

With the GitUp camera which has same sensor and same chipset, put the .engmode bin file on the root of the SD Card boot up into engineers mode and do the calibration to fix the "Hot Pixels" which it does by doing a bright white background then a dark background calibrating on both and after done no more Hot Pixels.

1, left side is in better focus than the right one -- from my view, YES left is good and right is not acceptable. please check if the lens was squeezed by the plastic of front housing. the hole for lens (17.2mm) should be little larger than lens (17mm) so there is no contact between lens and front housing; we have checked this probelm in factory this afternoon after I checked your footage, few camera have this problem when assembling. QC girls was trained once again to audit carefully.
2, GPS format on screen (decimal point in wrong place) -- that is the raw data from GPS. we think it is not a good idea to rework that.
3, display stays on and has to be turned off manually -- will check
4, time zone setting (had to set it to -2, normally I am -5) -- will check the codes. if anyone else have this problem, please let we know.
5, HOT PIXELS! in night footage -- engineer told it is not hot pixels but highlights on sensor. he is working on this with Novatek to check how to improve but I get the good news that can be improved.

Rayman.Chan any ideas about the artifacts in this night footage?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj71ny5h0t366od/Default Project.mov?dl=0

I uploaded some after results here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B78WbV4NeotVbHRjTFlpZGxGb0E

I think it turned out great. Main contributors for blurry image in my case:

1. IR filter dirty (smudges from lens thread lubricant or something like that)
2. lens base not seated correctly (caused by two small plastic "nubs" on the bottom of base - remnants from injection mold?)
3. lens not focused correctly

As far as GPS format here is what I'm talking about:
gps.PNG

That should be: 40.256440

Also, WDR/HDR doesn't stick (will be off on next restart)

Should I create a new thread for miniQ bugs?

I uploaded some after results here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B78WbV4NeotVbHRjTFlpZGxGb0E
I think it turned out great. Main contributors for blurry image in my case:
Should I create a new thread for miniQ bugs?

1. IR filter dirty (smudges from lens thread lubricant or something like that) --- maybe happened when you warm the lens up and remove the fixing glue, maybe;
2. lens base not seated correctly (caused by two small plastic "nubs" on the bottom of base - remnants from injection mold?) --- that is an operationg problem; (there was focusing problem when we made the PP samples we found the heat-blurry problem was caused by the lens base, then we spend half month to try many lens base and found this lens base works for -20 to 75C temprature, the only deficiency is there are two location masts which we have to cut off before mount the lens base with screw. the workers are trained one again this after to cut off the masts carefully to make the lens base flush. Thanks for point out this, really helped a lot.
3. lens not focused correctly -- should be ok

As far as GPS format here is what I'm talking about: That should be: 40.256440 -- will check here again

Also, WDR/HDR doesn't stick (will be off on next restart) --- will check here again

a moment, I have to use VPN to luanch google/live/dropbox and the download speed is shamble..........
In the future for any other issues, i can edit the video to be only 20 seconds long to highlight the issue which will make the file significantly smaller.

In the future for any other issues, i can edit the video to be only 20 seconds long to highlight the issue which will make the file significantly smaller.
it is ok, it is my problem (China network problem) i don't want to waste your time to edit the videos; just press the DOWNLOAD and wait, at the same time I can read the other posts.

that is why there are options for loop recording:
1 minute, better for uploading, bad for too many files;
3 minutes, compromise
5 minutes, better for playback and file manage, bad for uploading and re-cover in camera

it is ok, it is my problem (China network problem) i don't want to waste your time to edit the videos; just press the DOWNLOAD and wait, at the same time I can read the other posts.

that is why there are options for loop recording:
1 minute, better for uploading, bad for too many files;
3 minutes, compromise
5 minutes, better for playback and file manage, bad for uploading and re-cover in camera

yea, if there is a site i can upload too that doesn't require you to use a vpn, let us know. It can make it easier for you.

MEGA provide 50GB free space, have you ever tried that?

yes many ppl are using MEGA now.

and Google Drive is good spped (300KB/S download in China), just need to use VPN.

finally I got the videos after one night waiting.
the "refocus-day.mov" which created on Mar.26 looks great. That is the only footage after re-focus.
looking forward more videos posts here
I have a CPL on the way. Will post more when it comes.

Back