Need help buying a Quality DashCam (UPDATE: DECISION MADE)

Hi guys,

Can some one please advice me with what models of Vicovation can you compare with A119 and Street Guardian SG?

I mean are vico vation making better cams than A119 and STreet Guardian?

Ok, so here is THE VERDICT.

So after a lot of research and help from members from this forum and online Dashcam retailers I have come to the final decision.

I have purchased 2 Dashcams, one for the front of the car and one for the inside for passengers.

1: Vico Opia 2: This cam was chosen for being the best premium Dashcam available in the market right now, having the best Brand Reliability, Video Quality and other premium features such as Time Lapse Parking Mode and GPS.
It was purchased from Vicodirect.com, authorized dealer for Vico Vation products in North America. This unit does not come with built in GPS, so had to purchase a GPS Module along with Vico Power Plus wiring. The entire package did cost me a little over $300 with free shipping and this price also includes the discount I was offered from VicoDirect through this forum. Thank You VicoDirect!

2:Viofo A119: This cam was chosen for having one of the best Video Quality, Brand Reliability and Affordability. For $125 this was the best value for money with GPS, Video Quality and a 64GB Memory Card. It was purchased from Blackboxmycar.com, one of the authorized dealer for Viofo based in Canada. The reason why I just did not order 2 of these because A119 doesn't support Parking Mode. I would like to thank Spytechinc.com for offering me a discount on this product, but I ended up purchasing from VicoDirect.com because they offered me a better package, but again, thank you Spytech.

I also received help from the StreetGuardian team and if I had not bought the A119, I would have definitely purchased a Street Guardian SG Series cam. Their team was also kind enough to offer me a discount, thank you Street Guardian!

The A119 was simply chosen for being the best value for money.

At the end I would like to thank everyone who gave their input on this post. I certainly will post video samples of the products purchased once I receive them. I will also post any customer service experience, product quality, brand reliability and warranty claim experience if I ever have to file any within the warranty period. If anybody is looking for their first dashcam or a new dashcam, you can look at these two products that I found to be the best bet for the money. If you do not want to buy the A119, the Street Guardian
SG9665GC is a great camera, but keep in mind that it has no Parking Mode.

Last edited:
Puzzled as to which of these dashcams will face inwards to record passengers? From a mounting practicality perspective, neither seem well suited to the task, particularly the A119.

Would be a pity to use an Opia 2 just to record passengers, though I don't regard it as the best dashcam on the market.

The A119 is doubtless to be the passenger recording device. Please post photos of your installation.

At night, how do you intend to illuminate the interior sufficiently to record passenger faces?

Last edited:
Rus331, Opia 2 is for the front and A119 is for the rear/inside. When a passenger opens the door to sit in, the interior lights turn on, thus clearly capturing the face of the passenger. And, plus i mostly drive in ny city, so there is always good light around.

The only reason i bought the A119 is because of the value for money. And for the installation i cannot really tell if it will be a good fit as the passenger camera or not, but I think that you are right. I also do not think if it can be installed as a passenger cam, I will ask the retailer if its possible, if not, I will just cancel the A119. Thank You for bringing this up.

Last edited:
Would be a pity to use an Opia 2 just to record passengers, though I don't regard it as the best dashcam on the market.

And please i would to like to hear your choice as the best dashcam that has parking mode, maybe it can help someone on this forum. It could help me also, as i can return any one of the cam within the first 30 days.

Back