Need to replace my Dash Cams with some that work better.

MamaBear2015

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Vicovation Marcus MF-2
Denver traffic has changed with radical population growth since 2014. After being hit by two drivers on separate occasions, who turned in front of us, too close for us to stop, and having BOTH of them deny that they did anything wrong, and try to blame US ( didn't work - there were fortunately witnesses and police reports ) we eventually decided that dash cams were a necessity.

I got a pair ( one for front, one for rear ) of Marcus MF2's, based on some nice looking videos online, but have had nothing but problems with them. They don't keep time and date by themselves, and after awhile, they start rebooting all the time, and NOT recording! ( BOTH are doing this now! )

When THAT happens, I have to scrunch up to each one and reformat the micro-SD card in in, and make sure the date and time is set all over again. Not so good on my back, to have to do this.

I don't have a huge amount of money to spend, especially since I apparently wasted a bunch on these ( they were around $135 each, plus having to pay someone to install them - again, I have a hinky back ).

But are there any good ones in this price range, that can read license plates day and night, and could perhaps automatically set the date and time all the time, from GPS and not get into this rebooting thing?

Back