Need your recommendations on purchasing

biev

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would like to purchase 5 cams to install underneath the rear view mirrors of my vehicles.

Requirements are :

When ignition is on the camera is on and when ignition is off camera is off

95% daytime driving

Do not need large screen or any screen?

Continues loop recording on disk card – (16 to 32 size)

Discrete small unit as I will be leaving them installed and hard wired to rear view mirror wiring

If data needed just pull out the card and read it off a laptop.

Not sure if GPS is needed ? recommend a GPS capable unit

Recommend a non GPS unit...

I really do appreciate the help.

Bernie

Hey buddy, I recommend jokiin dashcam, it's discrete and has the best video quality to date. In fact, I have one as a rear camera.

Here is the quality.

viewtopic.php?t=1111

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen you recommending this camera before, but I couldn't find more details anywhere on the forum. I sent him a PM. It's a bit ridiculous that the only available detail is that sample video and some hardware specs, but no external pictures, dimensions, included accessories, etc.

Ciuvak

I also have a residence in Airdrie. Spend winters in Vegas. what are you running for cameras? The Liuve LB 100HD with GPS is getting my attention. Just want to grind down the price if I get 5.
Bernie

biev said:
Ciuvak
I also have a residence in Airdrie. Spend winters in Vegas. what are you running for cameras? The Liuve LB 100HD with GPS is getting my attention. Just want to grind down the price if I get 5.
Bernie
cool!
I like the Livue LB100 as well. The image quality and price are great, but I've decided to find something smaller and less visible. The Livue is glossy and the silver plastic around the lens makes it very visible from outside. It almost looks like a cheap point&shoot camera just mounted on the windshield.
I've only started researching dashcams since last week, so I'm still not decided. Lately I've been very impressed with the Lukas product line: http://lukashd.com/eng/product_info/blackbox_14_1.html
The only downside, these are still pretty big (~10cm in diameter and 4-5cm thick)

Hardwired cameras for 5 vehicles? You run a taxi or some kind of delivery service? :)

Just personal use.....Install and forget until you need info for whatever resaon.

biev said:
Would like to purchase 5 cams to install underneath the rear view mirrors of my vehicles.

Requirements are :

When ignition is on the camera is on and when ignition is off camera is off

95% daytime driving

Do not need large screen or any screen?

Continues loop recording on disk card – (16 to 32 size)

Discrete small unit as I will be leaving them installed and hard wired to rear view mirror wiring

If data needed just pull out the card and read it off a laptop.

Not sure if GPS is needed ? recommend a GPS capable unit

Recommend a non GPS unit...

I really do appreciate the help.

Bernie
Read through the threads This gets asked every day and there are about 10 threads the same in the last week Nearly all of them do what you ask but can only be installed INSIDE as they re not waterproof A Go Pro is

Hillbilly

I've been doing just as you state. Tks for your wisdom.

Jokiin
Received your PM.. I'm not interested in dealing through the back door. If you truly have a product for sale and can back it up with a web site, store, business , anything that is real please step up. As of now, many on forum suspect a lot of BS.
Your call. Sure seems a secret.

Its not a secret, traditionally I've only supplied at wholesale level, this would be a departure from that, I don't participate as a seller here and have refrained from selling to end users as such

Reading your other posts I'm not sure my product is right for you, mine is dearer than your target I think, will still send you the details if you like, if nothing else it at least will give you some material for comparison

Please post the details, pictures, packaging, price, manual, warranty, Maybe a video of you opening up your product . I think these are realistic requests.
Ball is in your court......

I'll do that for the new product when the time is right, we still have some trademark stuff pending, current product is not branded pending this all being sorted, if we haven't picked up a wholesale partner for the new product beforehand then we will likely be in SEMA in November or CES in January, product for that we hope to have sorted and ready in August, hopefully, it will be a brand new platform so unsure of exact release date at thus stage

So whats with Milamber spouting off about recommending your product when you don't have a product to sell. Is he in bed with you on this mystery product? sounds like a set-up...

I have some product that I have sold on request, I'm not here trying to sell my product to anyone, if you think I'm running some kind of elaborate scam you're sadly mistaken I'm afraid

I work in the industry, I know a bit about other product in the market and I share what I know, I have new product in development and I've already taken a few ideas out of interaction with end users here that will be in upcoming product, for me that's the value I get back out of contributing here, I'd never get rich selling one cam here and there

By all means feel free to move on, nothing here for you to see

Looks like truth hurts. If you have nothing to offer other than a bunch of stories I'd say your the one that is over and done with.
good luck with your pretend future...

I've no idea why you're so rude, you contacted me asking about it, you asked for a reccommendation and someone offered one, I didn't come chasing you, if things don't match your expectations whatever they may be then so be it, I've got more important things to worry about

Hope you find what you're looking for

You're right, I came on and asked a simple question and expect honest answers. Then I get set-up by someone promoting a fake product supposedly you sell. It turns out you don't have a product to sell and are making up info as you can. Forums such as this are to help people and express opinions to help people. People come to expect truth and trust opinions.
You and your accomplices have just chased people away with your crap and have not contributed to the truthful factor of forums. I suggest you and your accomplices move on and let people that want to use forums for what they want, to continue on. Forums would be a much better place without what you are doing. You are only hurting the business of Dash Cams as people give up after reading crap. Because of you, my post has been a waste solely because of you and your accomplices.
For want it's worth I won't go away. Have a good night.

You can read about his dashcam here - viewtopic.php?t=704
I don't think he has anything to hide.

You are very paranoid. :?

Jamesbcd
I think what I asked is reasonable. I already had read all 10 pages that you pointed out. That is why I asked what I did. Only video clips and data,spec.
Hard facts, pictures etc. should be easy to answer????????
below is what I asked for.....

"Please post the details, pictures, packaging, price, manual, warranty, Maybe a video of you opening up your product . I think these are realistic requests.
Ball is in your court......"

Not paranoid just realistic......

Back