Need your recommendations on purchasing

biev said:
You're right, I came on and asked a simple question and expect honest answers. Then I get set-up by someone promoting a fake product supposedly you sell. It turns out you don't have a product to sell and are making up info as you can. Forums such as this are to help people and express opinions to help people. People come to expect truth and trust opinions.

Hi all on Dash Cam Talk ...... I am usually a casual lurker here but decided to register in order to add some words in support of "jokiin" ..... I have never met him or have any other association with him - apart from being a recent purchaser/owner of one of his cameras. I have found him to be a straight shooter - who KNOWS what he is talking about - and is constantly seeking improvements in developing his already excellent dash camera. I - as well as many others on this forum - feed him suggestions and things we think will add to the development and improvements in his camera and he always responds in a genuine appreciative and sincere way.

Most people on here are seem just like me - just trying to find the "ideal" camera and working *harmoniously* together to help each other in any way possible to achieve the best out of whatever camera we own and to me its a fellowship of genuine enthusiasts with a common goal.

I hope we ALL continue to do this in a mutually supportive way and I for one do not appreciate any abusive overtones being directed to ANY other forum contributor and especially so to a member who is putting his all into developing the product that we all want to put into our vehicle ....

the way you approached it was very rude.

i'm sure he could provide all the answers you wanted if you were genuinely interested in the camera.
but you seem to think hes up to no good whilst calling other forum members accomplices. very strange.

biev, your posts came across as rude. :shock: Maybe you should ask more politely.

I appreciate the words of support, I have to say this did start out as a polite request, I was sent a message overnight with a detailed list of what was needed and it was nothing but polite, I replied and asked him to contact me on my email address and I would send back detailed info, I have an email drafted with a whole bunch of attachments that details all about the product, copy of the manual, photos of the camera etc which anyone that has asked previously would know has a lot of detail, basically most of what he later asked for publicly

my reply, verbatim (minus personal details) was as follows

Hi Xxxxxx, please send me an email to xxxx@xxxxxx.com and I'll reply back with further details, have some attachments that I can't send through here, we can meet all your needs

Regards,

Xxxx

Now I sent that this morning before I walked out the door on the way to Hong Kong for the day, I didn't have a lot of time and maybe the message was brief but I still feel it was polite, I never got a reply back, never received an email that I could reply to, instead I get attacked as running some kind of scam, if this is the grand finale of some kind of scam I'm running then it's not very productive with the amount of time I've spent on this site in the build up to my big payday that's for sure

I do appreciate that there are a lot of scammers online and I understand some people can be paranoid but a little bit of research would go a long way sometimes before shooting ones mouth off

I won't be drawn into this discussion any further but do appreciate that some people can sit on the sidelines and see a situation for what it is

He came on here asking the same questions that get asked EVERY DAY All he had to do was read through the threads. its all there and Im sure others get tired of answering the same thing endlessly.

Far too many just tripe away without doing a search or even reading the previous post to theirs which quite often would give them the answers.

Biev,

I'm from the USA and you were a )ick the way you responded and you could been more tactful in your response if you were concerned.

I too have dealt with joiikin and have nothing but good things to say and he is nowhere close to the person you are trying to make him out to be. Had you responded as you should have and actually received the email it would have been clear there was/is no push from him to buy his product. It's just quite a bit of data DETAILED INFO with pics to send via pm.

I hope you buy a ****ty product from a so called reputable company-- if I was in his shoes you would be on my $h!tlist and never sell you anything.

Why is this thread still open?

We'll we sure got it stirred up........Will someone just post pictures, manuals, hard evidence. So far hard on talk but soft on proof...

Some of us have a saying "talk the talk but can't walk the walk"

I'm ok with debate but please refrain from any personal insults. Otherwise I will lock this thread.

biev said:
We'll we sure got it stirred up........Will someone just post pictures, manuals, hard evidence. So far hard on talk but soft on proof...
Some of us have a saying "talk the talk but can't walk the walk"
Hey man, what's up with all this frustration? Just give the guy an email address so he can send you more info, doesn't have to be your personal email or whatever.
My guess is that jokiin doesn't want to deal at retail level a lot, which obviously would happen if he would openly advertise this product. Maybe he doesn't have time to deal with a higher number of single item orders, or can't sustain a higher volume of product.
@jokiin maybe it would be a good idea to briefly explain again why you prefer to deal in a more covert fashion when it comes to retail?
Just think of him as someone who took a popular form factor and improved the internals to deliver higher quality results. People hack and customize popular products all the time, and some of them start selling their upgraded versions on forums. You can see this often on specialized forums for numerous different applications. They have limited capacity to deliver, but if you want better quality, they usually don't disappoint.
I got a very detailed message from jokiin yesterday, and he seemed very professional. I don't think he is running a scam.

Forgot to add, the product looks exactly like a GS1000 cam, minus the LED bulbs. Nothing to get excited about in regards to the outside shell. The rest of the specs and components info have been already posted on the main thread about this cam. What else do you need?
Update: I guess I haven't noticed this before, but there is a picture of the housing already on the site. It's exactly the same design as the GS1000 variant called DATAKAM G6. Here is the picture:
Datakam-G6-Pro.jpg

Funny how he came around after your first post yesterday, Whats the price?

biev said:
Funny how he came around after your first post yesterday, Whats the price?
Like I said, I don't think he is running a scam. The more I read, the more I think he sells a variant of the DATAKAM G6. The hardware specs are very similar, I would even say same? The advantage in this case is that the G6 can't really be bought here in North America. But he offers a way to get it for anyone who really needs that specific product.
In Russia the regular G6 sells for about $180, that model doesn't have GPS or memory card. Then there is the G6-PRO (has GPS and 8GB card) sells for ~$220. And the last one is G6-MAX, comes with GPS and 32GB memory card and costs $260. These are the cheapest prices I could find after a quick browse through the russian webstores (I do speak russian too, so it was easy), maybe there are better deals there occasionally.
Alright, so once you know all this info, you can figure out if his product is well priced or not. The quote he sent me was $145 with free "slow" (4 weeks) shipping from China. His product includes GPS but doesn't include the SD card. In my opinion his price is very competitive. I'm still not decided if I will go this route. The specs are great, the price is right, but I'm looking for a different form factor.
Still, I already asked my brother to try and find what's the best price on the G6-PRO. He is in Ukraine right now, and will be coming to Calgary at the end of August. So if he can find a great deal on the G6, he will purchase it for me.
@jokiin: just out of curiosity, can you list the main differences between DATAKAM G6 and the version customized by you?

ciuvak said:
@jokiin: just out of curiosity, can you list the main differences between DATAKAM G6 and the version customized by you?

the hardware is very similar, you would not be disappointed with the G6 if you can get one at the right price, we use a different GPS module and our firmware is different (ours won't run correctly on theirs and theirs won't run correctly on ours), included accessories are also different

Back