New 0805, just some questions :)

JaapError

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone!

Today my Mini 0805 from Gearbest arrived and I drove with it to work, all looks good :)
I am using a Transcend 16 GB - microSDHC - Class 10 card and it seems to work fine.

Now, I've read as much as I could about this 0805 before I bought it and some more just now. I came to the conclusion that the manufacturer has no official website, at least not one where he puts his firmware on. Right? Next to that, all the firmware that is available is difficult to put in categories because there are different versions of the 0805 and the firmware never comes with an explanation or description.

Still there is one hero here that puts firmware on this site: http://dc.p-mc.eu/0805/firmware

Now, some questions:
- is there any way to contact the producer of the firmware? I have Chinese friends who can ask him to provide some information. Maybe he doesn't even know about this forum and the fact there are foreign people waiting for him to improve the product.
- For my specific version of the 0805 (it's called 'no internal memory - with GPS + 1 Card' - it that correct?) Is the latest firmware (as fas as we know) "20150423 GPS + 1CARD(?) SplashETech, thanks to fswwe"

Mine comes with early 2014 firmware, 02 04 I believe. So I do believe sometimes must be fixed/improved :)

Manufacturer is aware of this forum but do not participate here

Ok, thank you. It was just an idea. So any thought on the firmware for the Gearbest 0805?

What's the problem?
No problems at all as far as I can tell now (have it for less than a day) but I always want the latest version of firmware/software. It's a thing for me..

On these products a newer firmware version doesn't always mean an improvement, changes get made for specific orders, menu adjustments, logo changes etc

If it's working fine best to leave it alone

On these products a newer firmware version doesn't always mean an improvement, changes get made for specific orders, menu adjustments, logo changes etc

If it's working fine best to leave it alone
Yeah, I know. But there is like a year between the firmware on my device and the latest one mentioned on the list. Couldn't there be any improvement at all?

A change log is crucial for advancement and us........ I don't get it with those that don't use one.

Just wanna ask how long does it take for the shipping from Gearbest?

I ordered 10 days ago and still not get it..(no tracking either)

Back