New camera sleeps in.

kps

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
F500LHD (front), Innovv C2 (rear)
My B40/A118 (from estore9009) arrived Monday. On each of the three days since, the camera has not turned on when I start the car leaving for work in the morning, but has turned on when I leave work in the evening. Is there any possibility I've done something strange with settings, or is this camera a dud?

is it below freezing in the morning? could be the internal battery doesnt have enough juice or the charger isnt making a good connection as metal contracts in the cold.... then maybe in the evening things have warmed up and make better connection.

I did think of temperature, but it was colder most of the evenings (I work roughly 10–7 these days).

But — major update — I've just brought the camera in, and checked the card, and it was recording. Strange. I could swear the screen and LEDs were off, but I'll have to take a very close look tomorrow.

Kps,
Are you using the GPS module?

What is your firmware?
B40.2014xxxx.001, something like that.
The reason I ask is mine has b40.20140806.001 I hope yours is newer.
I am trying to get a newer fw, not having much luck.

Kps,
Are you using the GPS module?

What is your firmware?
B40.2014xxxx.001, something like that.
The reason I ask is mine has b40.20140806.001 I hope yours is newer.
I am trying to get a newer fw, not having much luck.
even if he had newer firmware, there's no known way to extract firmware off a device.

hey it shows a lot of character to fess up to your own mistakes. thanks for letting us know your "solution." ;)

i know i have to lean way over to see the leds at the top once the screen has gone to sleep, to see whether it's recording. and the rec light blinks so slow, it's easy to glance real quick and think it's off.

No GPS. Firmware is 20141027, IIRC.

It turns out I simply couldn't see the screen in the daytime (polarized glasses), so I'll just go be stupid somewhere else now.
kps, when I got my A118 from foxoffer, it had firmware 20141027, and it reboots constantly. Then I asked foxoffer for new firmware, he gave me 2 firmware, one for old sensor, one for new sensor.

The one for old sensor does not work, the one for new sensor works, it fixed the reboot problem, and the date is 20140917. It is been 3 days, no issue so far.

I recommend you change to a different firmware.

kps, when I got my A118 from foxoffer, it had firmware 20141027, and it reboots constantly. Then I asked foxoffer for new firmware, he gave me 2 firmware, one for old sensor, one for new sensor.

The one for old sensor does not work, the one for new sensor works, it fixed the reboot problem, and the date is 20140917. It is been 3 days, no issue so far.

I recommend you change to a different firmware.

No, if his camera is working then there's no reason to change the firmware. It sounds like your camera had bad firmware on it to begin with.

Back