New CPL Filter ThinkWare F770 by Moovika

when will this be avalible on amazon so that usa buyer can buy? thanks.

I ordered mine on the 11th and am still waiting. Won't need the filter now the summer has gone.

First prototype validated for production.
Same filter quality than Blackvue
Adjusted in their clipped filter factory
Will be available in September for € 30

I have emailed you.

Will this filter fit the rear camera lens too?
And what would the postage be to the UK?

Thanks for that tmab
Will I be able to fit the rear filter after the rear cam is on the screen?

After it's mounted on the window you mean? I haven't received mine yet so I don't know, but as long as you have a little gap between the lens and the window I think you should be okay. If you look at the image of the filter you just slide it over, it's not really big.

Yes, hoping that will be okay as the man fitting mine is coming on Thursday and I'm going to put the rear cam at the front. Thanks again

Why are you mounting the rear camera at front? Is it for inside view from front ?

CPL arrived yesterday, very fast 3 day delivery (inc weekend)

No Koolvin, I am putting the front cam in the back.

I can't really legally fit the front cam on the front screen and I am a driving instructor and although one test centre manager said he'd be fine with where I wanted to put it (fairly central under the sensor housing) he did explain that it would be down to the individual examiners as to whether they would insist upon it being removed. I want it running even more on driving tests when I am not there than I do when I am in the vehicle.

I don't want to use the lane departure warning or speed camera warnings or any of that as my car has all that already and it is already disabled.
It does mean I need to get to the back of the car to turn sound recording on or off and not sure how the sound will be with the device at the rear of the car but that isn't too important to me either.
So I will only really need to get to it to turn on the wifi - and I wouldn't be doing that much to download clips as I will be taking the cards out and bringing them up to the PC.
And to be honest I'd rather be removing that tiny card over the cream coloured leather rear seat than at the front of the car incase it gets dropped.
I have made a black cardboard box the size of the front cam and it is no problem at all on the rear screen.

The rear cam is so small I can have it under the sensor housing with the lens in the dead centre of the screen

And the rear cam is the same as the front with the same angle.
So that seemed to be the best solution to the problem of having such a large sensor box on my vehicle.

With all the features my car has though, I have no idea why the manufacturers don't include cams when they build the cars! Then it could have been IN the sensor box with all the other stuff!

No Koolvin, I am putting the front cam in the back.
With all the features my car has though, I have no idea why the manufacturers don't include cams when they build the cars! Then it could have been IN the sensor box with all the other stuff!

Off topic but I've been wondering about this too. Are there any cars that comes with integrated dash cams as an option yet?

Off topic but I've been wondering about this too. Are there any cars that comes with integrated dash cams as an option yet?
The only one I remember hearing about is the Corvette's.

can't you just slide the camera off just before the test the refit???(you should be able to find out which examiners are the stuffed shirts)!

I could do that quazi but I want my cams running during the test when I am not there even more than I do when I am with the vehicle.
And with the main unit in the front it would irritate me as I conduct the lessons.

They are fitted now with the rear in the front and there are far more pros than cons so far.
The guy sent via Chameleon also thought it was a good idea and was happy to extend the cable that goes from the main unit to my fuse box.

Hi guys

First post here. For those of you who have applied a CPL on the lenses of your 750 or 770 or any other dash cam for that matter, have you noticed that your night videos are darker with the CPL? I ask because the CPL is a dark filter that will reduce the amount of light entering the lens.

I have yet to see a video comparison of with and without CPL in night time driving.

My rear windscreen is already tinted and I fear I will make the video even darker.

Thoughts please?

you wouldn't really have much to gain by using one on the rear of most vehicles, particularly with tinted windows, it will reduce the light, there's some comparisons here somewhere of our camera with the filter on and off (ours is also using the same filter lens) in a variety of situations, I think @niko may have posted that

I did a video yesterday but only showed the front cam - which is the rear cam for me as I have that in the front

Hi Lois

Did you try rotating the filter at all? That usually helps because circular polarisers need to be set in a way that gives most favourable results.

No I didn't Ali. Can't rotate the one for the rear cam I don't think - which is my front cam as it is on a ring in order to fit over the cam.
But will take it off to check after work tomorrow.

I'm quite happy with it as it is though as it cuts out much of the reflection that gets in the way of reading the number plates.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L F770 0
D F770 1
J F770 8
CaptnEric F770 7
T F770 2
Back