New Dome Dashcam Dome GS98 Ambarella A7LA70 Chipset

GearBest

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Hello Folks,

So excited to introduce you guys another new Dome dashcam---Dome GS98. It's said will be released soon, and now let's take the first glimpse of this device now!!!
G98%2B1.jpg

G98%2B3.jpg

Main Features:

Ambarella A7LA70 chipset

5.0 MP COMS sensor

178 degree super wide angle lens.

2304*1296/30fps high definition resolution.

2.7 inch high resolution LCD,

Maximum memory storage 64GB

G98%2B2.jpg

Will this camera be your next option? I am here waiting for your precious opinions :p

looks like a better bracket than the G90, a little big maybe but at least looks more solid

shame about the chrome ring around the front though, all black would be much better

that bling is nowhere near stealth, not my type of cam, not very stealth, hanging down off a mount, I prefer the blackvue type mounts and the remote panorama ones and the now defunct guardtrak, can make them far more stealth.

There's a dashcam in that picture? (sorry, I couldn't resist) :D

Odd location for the GPS - at the top of the suction cup? It forces you to mount the camera lower and prevents you from changing to a low profile 3M mount.

There are markings on the chrome ring, what are they? The say, 40, 90, 180, 270, is there some adjustment?

the docking part still looks flimsy like in the earlier g 90. no thanks..

looks like a better bracket than the G90, a little big maybe but at least looks more solid

shame about the chrome ring around the front though, all black would be much better

more solid than G90, and should be the same size :)

that bling is nowhere near stealth, not my type of cam, not very stealth, hanging down off a mount, I prefer the blackvue type mounts and the remote panorama ones and the now defunct guardtrak, can make them far more stealth.
As for that part, many Chinese really should learn from blackvue. Thank you for kind feedback :D

...many Chinese really should learn from blackvue.

Yes, but please don't adopt the BlackVue philosophy of selling overpriced, underperforming, unreliable products by relying on strong brand reputation that hasn't been deserved in the past couple of years.

There's a dashcam in that picture? (sorry, I couldn't resist) :D

Odd location for the GPS - at the top of the suction cup? It forces you to mount the camera lower and prevents you from changing to a low profile 3M mount.

Definitely got a dashcam in that picture LOL
Yes, the GPS locates at the top of the suction cup, I think will be just need a little bit space for that :p

There are markings on the chrome ring, what are they? The say, 40, 90, 180, 270, is there some adjustment?
Nope, there is no adjustment. Just for aesthetics I think :(

Yes, but please don't adopt the BlackVue philosophy of selling overpriced, underperforming, unreliable products by relying on strong brand reputation that hasn't been deserved in the past couple of years.

Select the essence, discard the dross :D

Blackvue aren't that stealth but some of the recent models are better than before, keep away from chrome highlights and useless LED lights and you're halfway there

I once asked a dashcam manufacturer why there were chrome highlights and LED light around, he told me that is for good sales.

Blackvue aren't that stealth but some of the recent models are better than before, keep away from chrome highlights and useless LED lights and you're halfway there
yeah ya right there, I keep forgetting I have painted mine flat black where it wasn't and turned all the LEDS off, keep forgetting blackspew have leds. very rare that anyone spots I have one on the front window, even passengers.

having bought a Blackvue (DR500GW) when they first came out, I fully agree with this statement, about this DVR, sadly for me, even if it was the best DVR out there, its not one I would even consider, why would I have on view something that looks like an expensive digital camera on show on my windscreen?

for the life of me I can't understand why put all that bling round the lens, is it to let people see that you have a DVR pointing at them, to have the model number/name in bright chrome just to be sure they get to see the make and model number, so they can came back later and smash your side window in to get at it?

What I look for in a DVR is as much as quality of image capture, is how discrete it will be, not a lot of good having the worlds best DVR if after the first day fixed to the screen it gets stolen, the A7LA70 looks as discrete as fixing a GoPro to my front windscreen, but then maybe this DVR isn't aimed at me but one who maybe likes to show he has a DVR poking out the screen that looks like a very expensive DSLR

What is the differences with GS98 and GS90c ?

Back