New Dome Dashcam Dome GS98 Ambarella A7LA70 Chipset

I would expect a hardware difference would be more likely
Really? You think the difference between G90C and GS90C is hardware? I'll have to ask Dome. I thought the difference was whether you wanted GPS or not. I know when I order from Dome, I specify one or the other depending on whether I want the GPS module or not. If I don't need any GPS modules, I order the G90C.

I'm not familiar with their model numbers but the question was about the AV out socket being used for GPS just by changing the firmware, I would think that is unlikely

@Vincent1975
How old is your GS90C? Dome has told me that they used to have a camera with the AV port and one with the GPS port, but they now only have the GPS port. Maybe you have an older model. If yours is labeled with the AV port then your camera probably will not support GPS.

Hello guys,
So, after the replacement everything was fine for several weeks. Then last week, the camera started to interrupt the recording after 5-7 minutes. Just before to stop recording, a message appears on the screen "Low speed card". But the card is SanDisk 64GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I/Class 10. And it's everything, but slow. And for the last several weeks everything was perfect with the same card! So, I tested with another card, another power adapter, after reset of the device, after formatting of the card with 512kb allocation size, after format through the camera itself - same result. All the additional features of the camera are disabled, including the motion detection.

Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

Hello guys,
So, after the replacement everything was fine for several weeks. Then last week, the camera started to interrupt the recording after 5-7 minutes. Just before to stop recording, a message appears on the screen "Low speed card". But the card is SanDisk 64GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I/Class 10. And it's everything, but slow. And for the last several weeks everything was perfect with the same card! So, I tested with another card, another power adapter, after reset of the device, after formatting of the card with 512kb allocation size, after format through the camera itself - same result. All the additional features of the camera are disabled, including the motion detection.

Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!
You should be formatting the card in the camera. SanDisk Ultra cards are not a good card to be using. They are the most troublesome in dash cameras and will fail on you sooner than later. If the camera is telling you that the card isn't fast enough, I would try a better card.

Thank you!
Could you please suggest me some 64GB card that works fine with the dash cam? But I'm still curious, how come to work for weeks and then just to stop working? It doesn't make sense for me.

Thank you!
Could you please suggest me some 64GB card that works fine with the dash cam? But I'm still curious, how come to work for weeks and then just to stop working? It doesn't make sense for me.
It has something to do with the controller SanDisk uses in the Ultra series cards. You should be fine with most good brand name cards (except the SanDisk Ultra). Transcend is probably the most recommended.

Hi everyone, I am glad I found this forum. This is my first post though.

I recently purchased BlackView GS98C cam which is my first dashcam, in fact my purchase was based on the many good results I found on Youtube, I hope I made the right choice.

The place where I live is always sunny and I thought of placing a CPL lens filter, Is there any CPL lens filter for my cam?

Hi everyone, I am glad I found this forum. This is my first post though.

I recently purchased BlackView GS98C cam which is my first dashcam, in fact my purchase was based on the many good results I found on Youtube, I hope I made the right choice.

The place where I live is always sunny and I thought of placing a CPL lens filter, Is there any CPL lens filter for my cam?
Not that I'm aware of. Probably would be a DYI project.

Thank you for your reply. Do you know the outer diameter of the lens? I will try to find a lens that fits.
I don't. You'll need to find a step up adapter that fits over the lens, then attach the CPL to the step up adapter. You'll need some kind of gasket to hold the adapter onto the lens housing.

I don't. You'll need to find a step up adapter that fits over the lens, then attach the CPL to the step up adapter. You'll need some kind of gasket to hold the adapter onto the lens housing.
Thank you for the advice. The cam has arrived today, I will see how it can be done.

Hello Folks,

So excited to introduce you guys another new Dome dashcam---Dome GS98. It's said will be released soon, and now let's take the first glimpse of this device now!!!
G98%2B1.jpg

G98%2B3.jpg

Main Features:

Ambarella A7LA70 chipset

5.0 MP COMS sensor

178 degree super wide angle lens.

2304*1296/30fps high definition resolution.

2.7 inch high resolution LCD,

Maximum memory storage 64GB

G98%2B2.jpg

Will this camera be your next option? I am here waiting for your precious opinions :p
what kind of social media does it support?and does it can share picture under condition of WIFI?

Hello
By mistake, I uploaded to the GS98C - GS90C firmware.
Now only the blue LED is
Something else can be done about it? Or trash?

Back