New Dome Dashcam Dome GS98 Ambarella A7LA70 Chipset

Fitted as shown in the illustration above. Time to first fix, 1 min 17 seconds. I then turned the camera off and removed it. I replaced it two minutes later, and by the time the screen had activated the satellite was fixed, pretty much instantaneously. Which is what I had hoped for

For those who are unable to obtain a separate GPS module from Gearbest, I bought mine from Aliexpress, just do a search for "gps antenna module for car dvr". It came with a 3.5mm connector though, so I had to get a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter. Can confirm that mine worked. GPS fix in around 1 minute.

The GPS module I bought was for a VIOFO A118 A118C Car Dash Camera.

For those who are unable to obtain a separate GPS module from Gearbest, I bought mine from Aliexpress, just do a search for "gps antenna module for car dvr". It came with a 3.5mm connector though, so I had to get a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter. Can confirm that mine worked. GPS fix in around 1 minute.
Found one 2.5mm Jack from aliexpress. But not sure it work for the camera or not

GPS-001 G-MOUSE GPS Receiver GPS MODULE External GPS moduel for car DVR

Why is there no clock synchronization via GPS, is it really hard to do? Again my battery is dead and the time and date threw herself

Hi @compo1980,

I asked our customer service and she said that she already made an new order for you.

And we have to get the GSP models from supplier. It will take some time.

Thanks for your patient!

Best regards.
Still no replacement and I was told GPS was in stock and would be shipped in 3 to 6 days. Now have been told out of stock and offered $8 refund to buy my own GPS replacement. You can't get a GPS unit for $8 any where. I think this is my last purchase from gearbest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! Please tell me, i have Dome g98c with frimware G90-ZX-A770-1424-N7H. i can reflash firmware on with GPS function and connect an external GPS module in the entrance AV (maybe i need fot this firmware G90-ZX-A770-1424-S7H). I
really need it. Thank you!

Still no replacement and I was told GPS was in stock and would be shipped in 3 to 6 days. Now have been told out of stock and offered $8 refund to buy my own GPS replacement. You can't get a GPS unit for $8 any where. I think this is my last purchase from gearbest.

I don't think any supplier gives buyers full retail price of defective item so buyer can go somewhere else and buy it.

Most Chinese suppliers I dealt with need buyer to ship defective items back to China first and buyers pay the shipping.
If Gearbest required that usual return/replace, all these with GPS issues would be out a chunk of money from their pocket.
It's good that Gearbest didn't ask for return and just supplied additional module.

If it's out of stock, wait for it to be in stock.
You can't ask refund of the same retail $$ so you can buy somewhere else.
Maybe Gearbest has another GPS module they can give you with some discount.
Talk to them.

I hav
I don't think any supplier gives buyers full retail price of defective item so buyer can go somewhere else and buy it.

Most Chinese suppliers I dealt with need buyer to ship defective items back to China first and buyers pay the shipping.
If Gearbest required that usual return/replace, all these with GPS issues would be out a chunk of money from their pocket.
It's good that Gearbest didn't ask for return and just supplied additional module.

If it's out of stock, wait for it to be in stock.
You can't ask refund of the same retail $$ so you can buy somewhere else.
Maybe Gearbest has another GPS module they can give you with some discount.
Talk to them.
I have been in communication for over a month via there ticket system.

I have waited for over a month for GPS module to come back in stock. They have shipped to some and not others. It appears as they already had complaints about GPS problem and continued selling. So its hard to have any patience now with being constantly told to wait and being given different info each time they reply to my ticket. The whole thing has left a sour taste.

Helloo Guys,

May I have your attention.

We are so sorry to inconvenient you as GPS problems.

If you made an order of GS98C from Gearbest.com, pls PM us with your order number.

We will offer you guys one GPS for free.

If your GS98C is working well, do not PM us to ask for free GPS.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards.

I sent GMT. I'm glad you're interested. Thank you.

PM gönderdim. İlgilenirseniz sevinirim. Teşekkürler.

Hi @compo1980,

I am so sorry to hear about that.

As we have to get this GPS from supplier. But it is unavailable now.

Our customer service is careless to stop the ticket.

I am so sorry to inconvenient you.

Our customer service is still communicate with you.

If you have any problem, you can let them know.

Best regards.

Dome G98c with frimware G90-ZX-A770-1424-N7H. i can reflash firmware on with GPS function and connect an external GPS module in the entrance AV (maybe i need fot this firmware G90-ZX-A770-1424-S7H). I
really need it. anyone know?

@domekaka
@Fandy

Please add the ability to synchronize the date and time on the GPS !!! I have a problem with full battery power, got off date on 02/01/2015 0:00 eventually stopped previous files deleted because the date they became later, and new files with correct date not become overwritten, and I did not notice it for two days.
And please add the ability to display records the current position near the date, time, speed and driver ID.

I attached a screenshot. Discharge of the battery occurred in the evening 22.07.2015. All entries including this date is. Next date reset to 01.02.2015. As you can see from the screenshot with the new date of 2 file. And also it shows that the DVR does not remove the dates from 22/07/2015, as in fact they are newer and therefore begins to delete files with the date 01.02.2015. And in fact only two of the file is constantly overwritten.
+1, same problem. what to do?

I just received my GS98C, with the "updated" design: separate GPS and flimsy mount. So sad they screwed up with the initial mount+gps unit!
It's still G90-ZX-A770-1424-N7H, and GPS works fine with just over a minute to pick the position.
Original-GS98C-G98C-Ambarella-A7-LA70-Car-DVR-CAMERA-FHD-Video-Recorder-2304-129-15-58-27.jpg

It is irritating to see that persistent speed stamp on display... again:mad:! (as with G90-7S and G5WA). I recall that in the past, Dome would have reacted much faster with some firmware update. Do they still visit this forum???

This is particularly inconvenient when the camera reports that I drive at a steady 780km/h :p (I know that engineer holds the top speed record with 2750 km/h), although that happened to me only once so far.
2015-09-10-18-36-54.MP4%2B-%2BVLC%2Bmedia%2Bplayer-09-05-53.jpg

The good news is that the noise from the power supply is resolved. I thought that came from their cheap power supply but tried the one from G90 with the GS98C and the sound is still perfect, so they must have improved the camera itself.

Overall the GS98C is a step in the right direction.
I've posted a more complete review on my site.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi guys, do you know if the software/firmware from the GS98C can get "virused"? Lately all my videos from the dashcam exhibit a strange behavior: they receive an arab subtitle (embeded in the mp4). All other files from my computer, older or newer, mp4/avi/mkv do not show this symptom...

Hi guys, do you know if the software/firmware from the GS98C can get "virused"? Lately all my videos from the dashcam exhibit a strange behavior: they receive an arab subtitle (embeded in the mp4). All other files from my computer, older or newer, mp4/avi/mkv do not show this symptom...
Never heard that before.
Maybe new propaganda from that area??? :D

Hehe... on a serious note, reset the camera and see if you can change language.

Back