New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

There are a few hardware suppliers that support this model to assembly factories and the designs are not all the same, I suspect at least one of the versions getting around suffers this issue (I don't think they all do), identifying which version it is and who is using it might not be easy, I guess buy from a known source of problem free models whenever possible, if possible

Because is new I think 207 is made in one factory now.

Regarding this new resolution, I have a 720p camera which have some setup options. Someday I tested a hidden 1080p resolution feature and the camera was recording at 1080p@10fps. So the chipset can record at 1080p not only at 720p, but that option was hidden. After my discovery and report about this, the manufacturer removed completely that 1080p feature so it wasn't available also as hidden feature.
Is possible the Zoran chipset can record 1440x1080, but only the 207 manufacturer unlocked that feature inside firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
If the 027 or 007 or any camera like the 207 have not this problem, this mean they made a mistake and should fix it, not let users wait months to get their paid dash cam working. Waiting many days for camera to arrive, then waiting more days for a response, then waiting more days for the stupid cable to arrive, and in the final to see the problem is not nicely solved.

enjoy,
Mtz

You are right on all counts. However, the camera itself works very well, the interference issue does not affect the camera. If the manufacturer were to install shielding inside the camera, as well as providing a higher quality charger then you would find that the camera would no longer be at this price point and would increase in price. It's honorable that the seller is proactively seeking solutions from the manufacturer, but I'm sure that if you requested a refund, you would receive one (don't forget to factor in the cost of sending the unit back and waiting for them to receive it before a refund is issued).

We have to remember that what we are buying, the DVR207, is a balance of function, quality and price. I'm still very happy with my purchase. I would even buy another one, even if it still had interference issues.

Cheers :) Mario

Asked about radio interference issue,and here's the reply
Yes,this is the problem!
And now,we packed with a new car charger,and wish it can solve this problem!

Right now, for me is better to spend more $30 and get the korean Livue LB100. I think who is prepared to spend $70 on a chinese dashcam (with some minor problems) he can spend $100 for a korean one which have the night recording quality so close to the great and expensive Itronics IHD-100HD.

I want to see a clear picture with the DVR027 mounted on the windshield with this new cable. If it is bulky like this, I expect after few months the power connector to be damaged

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
Right now, for me is better to spend more $30 and get the korean Livue LB100. I think who is prepared to spend $70 on a chinese dashcam (with some minor problems) he can spend $100 for a korean one which have the night recording quality so close to the great and expensive Itronics IHD-100HD.

I want to see a clear picture with the DVR027 mounted on the windshield with this new cable.

enjoy,
Mtz
That one does not have screen,which makes it hard to choose right position in windshield

I hope to not go too much offtopic.
The camera position is very possible to be made just one time, first time when mounting the camera. I have about 4 dash cams without display and just looking at the lens position I am almost good with its position. If I want the best I can use some external monitor because all of them have video out, or I can start a record, check the recording and than moving up or down until the perfect position.

I will always prefer the smallest camera and because is small I am almost sure it will have no display. If I will receive a camera as gift which is big because of the display I will just not use it, because I want a small and hidden camera. I am not even paying $1 for a big camera.
DVR207 is not so big, have the smartest way ever to fit a display in a dash cam, so the display is not really a stopper for me, but the quality.

To be clear, this is a small camera for me. I have also Itronics ITB-100HD, Itronics ITB-250HD and Livue LB100.

enjoy,
Mtz

Just my experience with the much touted interference issue. I have none. Running either on battery alone, or plugged into a 12V outlet (note: separate circuit, nothing to do with the cigarette lighter or radio circuits), I get absolutey no interference with the radio or with my Garmin GPS which is within 6 inches of the 207, and which uses only it's own internal antenna. So it might just be an issue with how your lighter receptacle gets it's power. Mine are not key-switched, so they're hot all the time. Did catch an a&&&le "keying" my hood via the motion detector yesterday because it was still powered on.

So far I have to say that the support and communications from estore009 has been perfect in every way. I ordered a different unit 3rd f500l to try out as well. Looks pretty good on paper at least, we'll see.

Also, I've had a great experience with iSYMDVR on my iPhone 5. Really great piece of software. Lets you record at any of the iPhone's resolutions, you can set limits on how much space it can take, how long segments are, incorporates speed, direction, GPS coordinates, altitude, etc. with the video. Integrated with MapQuest. Still photos while video recording. The list goes on and on. And, it's a bucky ninety-nine now (going up to 2.99) sometime soon according to iTunes.

I'll try and post a video from it here in a little while.

shafferb0b1 said:
Just my experience with the much touted interference issue. I have none. Running either on battery alone, or plugged into a 12V outlet (note: separate circuit, nothing to do with the cigarette lighter or radio circuits), I get absolutey no interference with the radio or with my Garmin GPS which is within 6 inches of the 207, and which uses only it's own internal antenna. So it might just be an issue with how your lighter receptacle gets it's power.
In my case, the interference even occurs when the power cable is connected to the running cam but not to the cigarette lighter socket. I got a $8 refund from the seller and ordered an other car charger type at AliExpress. Hopefully, this charger will be without interference.

Just placed an order for a 207 based on Dutchdashcam videos, they look decent.
The problem is that reading Mtz post I just learned about the Livue LB100 and I really wanted a small camera so now I am not sure if I did the right decision.
Daily recording seems very similar in both cameras and night a bit better on the Livue LB100 but it is also $30 more expensive...I am confusing each one will be better.
Does anybody here have a picture of the Livue LB100 installed near the rear view mirror so I cam compare with the DVR207?
Thanks!!

I bought two of these from estore009 on 3/11 and they arrived today. Seem to work pretty well from what I can tell so far. I have the flu so I didn't install them yet. I think they're going to be my rear view cams. Maybe side view, not sure yet.

Here is a video of a rear view 207...

EDIT: This video was recorded in 720 30fps and thru tinted glass, so front facing may be a bit lighter.

Chad said:

Nice. I will be getting mine this week and plan to mount it for rear recording also. I have the ITB 100-HD SP in the front. In your clip I notice you can't see the license plate. Is that the case in the actual playback? I can clearly see plates when I am that close with the Itronics.

Bought one myself, firmware version 1207310. As cold rain fell from the night sky, the first test has begun. The image is quite noisy, it's true that I was not expecting something better quality for it. It should be noted though that DVR207 does not record 1440 X 1080, but rather 1280x720, as the image tends to be out focus on regular intervals.

Al Drake said:
Chad said:

Nice. I will be getting mine this week and plan to mount it for rear recording also. I have the ITB 100-HD SP in the front. In your clip I notice you can't see the license plate. Is that the case in the actual playback? I can clearly see plates when I am that close with the Itronics.

That recording was in 720... I haven't tried 1080 yet, I'm scared of the 15fps lol. I dunno, I guess I'll give it a shot. I haven't really experimented much with this camera, I just mounted it real quick for a short trip. I will get around to more testing this week with different resolutions / mounting options.

I just found this forum...lots of good advice for a 'newbie'. I just ordered mine yesterday and can't wait to get it.

unpaidbill said:
I just found this forum...lots of good advice for a 'newbie'. I just ordered mine yesterday and can't wait to get it.
Interesting username, I hope your DVR isnt unpaid :twisted:

Welcome aboard unpaid...glad to have you here!

I forgot to mention that video I uploaded of the 207 rear-facing is thru tinted glass, in case anyone thinks its a bit darker than normal.

Back