New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

Ramshackle said:
The biggest problem with these cameras is that some of us (all of us?) are facing intermittent and unpredictable shutdowns during which the unit becomes unresponsive to controls and need to have the battery removed before it will function again.

I have contacted the seller.

Welcome to the joys of a new 'updated' model, all addressable via firmware but how long it takes them is an unknown

Ramshackle said:
The biggest problem with these cameras is that some of us (all of us?) are facing intermittent and unpredictable shutdowns during which the unit becomes unresponsive to controls and need to have the battery removed before it will function again.

How is this possible?

According to the factory video I viewed, each unit is thoroughly tested for at least ¼ of a second in quality control ;)

Cheers :) Mario

mariomart said:
Ramshackle said:

How is this possible?

According to the factory video I viewed, each unit is thoroughly tested for at least ¼ of a second in quality control ;)

Want to hope they don't come from Eken where that video was from, their processes are very poor

That is very bad. A dashcam must always work. Not to be afraid if not working or not. Just imagine if it is not working right in the moment you have some accident.

enjoy,
Mtz

jokiin said:
Welcome to the joys of a new 'updated' model, all addressable via firmware but how long it takes them is an unknown

I do not think the firmware of this unit is updateable. Probably a ROM chip.

Ramshackle said:
jokiin said:

I do not think the firmware of this unit is updateable. Probably a ROM chip.

they're all updatable, whether or not you ever see an update is another matter, entry level product very often suffers from the least amount of support unfortunately

I must be the only one so far who hasn't had any problems.

I asked the seller about camera unexpectedly shutdown, and here is the respond ~
Hi,friend,
We think it is the problem of its memory card!Some poor memory card can not be compatible with this camera,so it will be power off when card fully;
If our buyers can test it without any memory card plug into,you can find it can power on always!

So,if you find its screen go blank,we suggest that you can use one class10 memory card,and with brand memory card for this camera,thanks!

Thief & RBiz - what type of memory card you are using ? since you have not had any problems

Olli said:
I asked the seller about camera unexpectedly shutdown, and here is the respond ~
Hi,friend,
We think it is the problem of its memory card!Some poor memory card can not be compatible with this camera,so it will be power off when card fully;
If our buyers can test it without any memory card plug into,you can find it can power on always!

So,if you find its screen go blank,we suggest that you can use one class10 memory card,and with brand memory card for this camera,thanks!

Thief & RBiz - what type of memory card you are using ? since you have not had any problems

I posted in the other thread about it. You'll see the link there.

DVR001 said:
Today, I buy this item http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original ... 10865.html
This is DVR207, but cost only ~51$
Yes...but shipped by Chinapostair...thats always at least two month, and you risk in that time that the package has been 5 times around the world.
and....hopely not damaged. Take a seller with Hongkongpost sending, much faster...

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion the DVR 207 is darker (more contrast?) in daylight and by night in comparison with the 027. Also the 207 is sharper, I have both camera's
so its easy to compare. I bought six 207 cams for friends of mine and no one has a problem. The seller was Estore009, send by Hongkongpost and
compared with Chinapostair a much faster shipper.
Here is my test footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x0OXVfNi48

Did you also buy the SD cards for your 6 friends, or are they all using their own different cards?

Yes, we all have the same SD card from Sandisk, a class 10, 16GB with 45 mb/sec....
They all run with no problems.

I haven't had any issues with the unit I purchased off estore009 (apart from the static issue).

I'm using a SanDisk 32GB Ultra SD 30MB/s Class 10 card which I formatted on my PC to Fat32 with 64kb cluster size. I then used the DVR207's internal format function to re-format the card.

It has worked perfectly.

All I did was pop my SD card right into the camera. It was pre-formatted to FAT32 and I didn't format it on the PC again or in the camera.

When I wrote the issues with "powering it off", it's due to the fact that I'm using it on it's internal battery (good for about 45 minutes or so in my experience), so it really has no idea of what position the ignition swich is in.

jokiin said:
They normally use mini hdmi to hdmi cables, can buy them easily on eBay, dx.com etc for a few dollars

Ok, now I'm still a little confused :)

I've been looking on Ebay, and they list 2 types of the mini HDMI cables. One is a "Type A", and the other is a "Type C"

Type C to A:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310360925349

Type C, with no mention of type A:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280777693285

I'm not sure which is the one I need.

Last edited by a moderator:
just orded mine from estore009.

Back