New firmware 20190828 and new manual v1.4

papinist

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dash Cam
mini0906
whats different in the new one

When I put the firmware.bin into the root folder the dashcam says that the card is not formatted and asks me to format. Tried formatting on the PC and dashcam but always get the same error. Please help.

Hy Rob123,
in my case I did the following steps to update the firmware. (I had some trouble with GPS LOG files...)
First I formatted the card inside the camera.
Second went to the PC and deleted all files and directories at Card.
Third put the firmware.bin file to the card, remove the card from PC
Fourth put the card into to camera and power on - the blue LED start blinking, after some seconds flashing. After all the camera starts automatical as usual.
Fifth I do formatting the card inside the camera again.
That's it - everything runs perfect.

I hope this will help.

Hy Rob123,
in my case I did the following steps to update the firmware. (I had some trouble with GPS LOG files...)
First I formatted the card inside the camera.
Second went to the PC and deleted all files and directories at Card.
Third put the firmware.bin file to the card, remove the card from PC
Fourth put the card into to camera and power on - the blue LED start blinking, after some seconds flashing. After all the camera starts automatical as usual.
Fifth I do formatting the card inside the camera again.
That's it - everything runs perfect.

I hope this will help.
Thanks. I will try that. Did you use this latest firmware? What version were you on beforehand?

Now I'm using 2019-08-28V1 Firmware, before it was "very old" 2018-01-25.
The old one did not recorded the GPS Logfiles... see my other posts.
Now it's working fine.
Regards...

if there are too many bad blocks in the storage card or the card is dying, it may cause format failure.
we recommend to use the microSD cards which specified to be MLC chip, or the High Endurance cards, which support 3000 to 5000 hours recording
the modern TLC chip microSD cards are designed for mobile device mass storage NOT for cycle overwriting, the lift time is onky 300 to 500 hours recording

Back