NEW Lukas LK-9390 AD with ADAS

Calgary Dash Camera - Robert

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukasdirect.com Street Guardian BulletHD Calgarydashcam.com
Once again Lukas has shown to be on the forefront of Dash Camera technology.
And just like that Lukas has announced another brand new innovative Dash Camera.
Introducing the Lukas LK-9390 AD.
The First Lukas Dash Camera with ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System.

The Lukas ADAS Includes the following safety features,
-FVSA (Front Vehicle Start Alarm)
-LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System)
-FCWS (Forward Collision Warning System

Same video specs as the LK-9750
FullHD 30 frames per second Front and Rear camera, using the Sony IMX322 image sensor.
3.5" touch screen
1TB 24GB's (1024GB) storage capacity

Available at the link below,
http://shop.lukasdirect.com/lukas-store/dash-cams/2-channel/lk-9390
Lukas-LK-9390-Front.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-frontside.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-AD-Dash-Camera-1.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-AD-Dash-Camera-1.5.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-AD-Dash-Camera-2.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-AD-Dash-Camera-3.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-AD-Dash-Camera-4.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-AD-Dash-Camera-5.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-AD-Dash-Camera-6.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-AD-Dash-Camera-7.jpeg

Last edited:
They said they using Aberalla A7 for this model

Really?

That would make sense, as every other Dash Camera that I have seen with ADAS has the A7 Chipset.

Frist shipment should be released mid October.

A7 and Lukas! Nice!
I'm in as the only thing I want more on my Lukas is the video quality.

ADAS system is good if it works as expected otherwise would be a nuisance and better turned off. ;)

Yes ADAS came with A7 that why they need to use A7 and also has WDR (Lukas oversea sales manager told me this). I am waiting for test it too.

Had a chance to see the 9390 in person this past weekend Hong Kong.
It's one great (not discreet) looking camera. I really like the gold highlights.
Wasn't able to see the ADAS system in the works. But was able to see the ADAS options.
Most importantly you are able select which ADAS feature want to be enabled.
Moreover there is turn signal input so that you can have the camera synced with your vehicle turn singles.
This enables the camera to only give your lane departure warnings when you are changing lanes with out signalling.
However I have been strongly warned that doing this will likely void your vehicle warranty. So this is not a install for everyone.
But as I said at the top of the post. You can turn this part of the ADAS off, if you like.

Lets see how good the ADAS system works on this one.
So far all others with these features are not very effective except the 'Go' alarm after stopping behind a vehicle.

Hi, new to dashcams. I'm curious about the specifications for the SD bus and video write rates on the 9390 to understand the SD card performance requirements.

What SD bus interface is on the 9390? Is it using a normal speed (NS) bus, High Speed (HS) bus, UHS-I bus or UHS-II bus?

What is the front and rear video write bit rates at High setting at 1080p?

I'm guessing that even if each stream was ~20Mbps therefore 40Mbps = 5MB/sec aggregate average sustained write speed which is well below the lowest 12.5MB/sec normal SD bus speed and a Class 10 card (with 10MB/sec minimum) would be sufficient?

Hi, new to dashcams. I'm curious about the specifications for the SD bus and video write rates on the 9390 to understand the SD card performance requirements.

What SD bus interface is on the 9390? Is it using a normal speed (NS) bus, High Speed (HS) bus, UHS-I bus or UHS-II bus?

What is the front and rear video write bit rates at High setting at 1080p?

I'm guessing that even if each stream was ~20Mbps therefore 40Mbps = 5MB/sec aggregate average sustained write speed which is well below the lowest 12.5MB/sec normal SD bus speed and a Class 10 card (with 10MB/sec minimum) would be sufficient?
I don't think it has 20mbps in each channel.

Best to use a Lukas memory card though.
Yes I know, sounds like a sales pitch..
But Lukas cameras generate a lot of heat, and the Lukas memory cards are high temperature commercial grade cards that are capable of operating perfectly under such conditions.

Last thing we want to see is a Lukas user have corrupted videos when they need the videos most.

The First Lukas Dash Camera with ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System.

Maybe it can wake up the smartphone zombies from their social media updates.

Hope on the next software update there will be a “red to green light detection” in case the car should be the first in line.

Maybe it can wake up the smartphone zombies from their social media updates.

Hope on the next software update there will be a “red to green light detection” in case the car should be the first in line.
Some features work good while others create hassle.
Stop and go works excellent if implemented properly like in Papago as shown here in my video:

It alerts faster than the guy behind you and in some cases even faster than yourself. ;)
Other things like lane departure, collision etc... didn't work that good.
Not sure if this Lukas has stop and go alert.

Stop and go works excellent if implemented properly like in Papago as shown here in my video:
Working great but that beep beep will make me crazy.I think if people don't pay attention to the phone and have focus at the driving, it will not be needed. Unfortunately that not the case.

Working great but that beep beep will make me crazy.I think if people don't pay attention to the phone and have focus at the driving, it will not be needed. Unfortunately that not the case.
It's not only phone. Talking to other passengers, kids, make-up, eat, dress... etc... basically, any distraction.
I got honked once as I was reading concert event billboard raised on the side. :D

Last edited:
if it's Ambarella it will 20mbps combined at best, they fall over if the data rates are higher
The only A7 based dual camera I reviewed is Dome G5WA.
It had 11.2 Mbps front and 7.4 Mbps rear both @ 30 fps so total only 18.6 Mbps combined and still ran so hot that it crashed and froze.
Hopefully, Lukas with better build doesn't have heat issues.

Some features work good while others create hassle.

It alerts faster than the guy behind you and in some cases even faster than yourself. ;)
Other things like lane departure, collision etc... didn't work that good.

Did you receive your lk9390 testing unit?

Back