NEW Lukas LK-9390 AD with ADAS

I'll inquire this evening, and see what their plans are.

If possible. Would you test a 9390 if I sent you one next week when I get my first order?

if it's Ambarella it will 20mbps combined at best, they fall over if the data rates are higher

Ok thanks. I assume you are referring to Ambarella "A7LA" SOC that I found on their website? I was looking at this model as it claims lower power consumption (<3.6W) than some other models, has large SD capacity support. I couldn't care less about ADAS. I wonder if ~3.6W is average or peak and is the screen on or off... and what is the power consumption during parking mode?

Sounds like 2 channel is pushing the A7 SOC limits?

The same chipset used in single channel mode can do much better but in dual channel mode it is limited

Best to use a Lukas memory card though.
Yes I know, sounds like a sales pitch..
But Lukas cameras generate a lot of heat, and the Lukas memory cards are high temperature commercial grade cards that are capable of operating perfectly under such conditions.

Last thing we want to see is a Lukas user have corrupted videos when they need the videos most.

Who is the OEM for the Lukas flash cards? Micron? Sandisk? Lukas would just be a sticker over the top. I'd love to see flash endurance specs for them as that is often what they don't tell you. Also, are they class 10?

I was looking at the Lexar(Micron) Professional cards and the Sandisk high endurance Video monitoring SD cards. They are well known for reliable SD card controllers AFAIK. Though, I'm interested in any thoughts. Thanks

Last edited:
The same chipset used in single channel mode can do much better but in dual channel mode it is limited

Thank you. Good to know. So what would be a better SOC than A7 for dual channel high video quality with low power consumption? and which models use it? (Plan to be hooked up to Cellink B + parking mode needed.)

Who is the OEM for the Lukas flash cards? Micron? Sandisk? Lukas would just be a sticker over the top. I'd love to see flash endurance specs for them as that is often what they don't tell you. Also, are they class 10?

I was looking at the Lexar(Micron) Professional cards and the Sandisk high endurance Video monitoring SD cards. They are well known for reliable SD card controllers AFAIK. Though, I'm interested in any thoughts. Thanks
The OEM is Transcend. But they are not off the shelf wal-mart consumer grade Transcend. They are commercial grade cards.

Best to use a Lukas memory card though.
Yes I know, sounds like a sales pitch..
But Lukas cameras generate a lot of heat, and the Lukas memory cards are high temperature commercial grade cards that are capable of operating perfectly under such conditions.

Last thing we want to see is a Lukas user have corrupted videos when they need the videos most.
Indeed it does.;)

Unless Lukas changed things, their memory cards are only warrantied for 6 months while Sandisk and other major manufacturers have a lifetime. I only have the Lukas SD card as a backup. Additionally, the topic of using an SD Card adapter with a microSD card has already been discussed as is not recommended.

@Calgary Dash Camera - Robert
I'm guessing the rear camera is same on these models, 7950, 9370, 9390.
If it is, I can use the one that's glued on the center back and forth for testing. Hmm...

Indeed it does.;)

Unless Lukas changed things, their memory cards are only warrantied for 6 months while Sandisk and other major manufacturers have a lifetime.

read the fine print on some of these lifetime warranties, DVR use is quite often not covered

@Calgary Dash Camera - Robert
I'm guessing the rear camera is same on these models, 7950, 9370, 9390.
If it is, I can use the one that's glued on the center back and forth for testing. Hmm...
Yup it sure is. They all use the LK-975 rear view camera [emoji2]

read the fine print on some of these lifetime warranties, DVR use is quite often not covered
They are also in the memory card business. Makes sense for them to have the longest memory card warranty.
Lukas is in the dash camera business. 6 months isn't long, but I have yet to have a customer return a Lukas memory card.

technically, any device that records video may be considered a DVR.

They are also in the memory card business. Makes sense for them to have the longest memory card warranty.
Lukas is in the dash camera business. 6 months isn't long, but I have yet to have a customer return a Lukas memory card.
That is reassuring. However, could it be that the customer might just go ahead and by another brand of SD card?

First batch of LK-9390 just arrived!!
e81b79783a74aceef33bee6176dcf149.jpg
5ece7e92eafb4f8ef3a2543fb34ca677.jpg
62abd928331c2849bb01326517c06974.jpg

That is reassuring. However, could it be that the customer might just go ahead and by another brand of SD card?

As far as I am concerned when it comes to the Lukas memory card debate.
If you want to use another brand memory card, feel free to do so.
As a Lukas distributor and retailer, I make next to nothing on the Lukas memory cards.
I advocate that Lukas users use the Lukas brand memory cards not because I want to make money on memory cards. No.
The last thing I want to see is a customer not be able to view their footage when they need it most.
Dash Cameras are tons of fun, and we dash camera users capture tons of cool stuff. But when it comes down to it. We all want our cameras to be in working order if something more serious happens, such as a accident.
Because of that, I advocate/ recommend that Lukas cameras are used with Lukas memory cards because they perform best. They have the best reliability in Lukas cameras.

So here is my advice to Lukas users. Use your Lukas brand memory card(that was included with your camera) when ever possible. At the very least. Use it for your day to day driving.
If you want to get a larger memory card and save some money. Then only use it when necessary. Such as recording a long drive, or a special event.

Back