New msetup and firmware

@GJHS it still not start since i use it 2.10fw. Still I do not plug in mobius until engine is on and still not working.

I try low light wdr, but it make daytime picture badder. I cannot keep to change setting for day and time of night.
Yep the best, unmentioned feature upgrade. I have Mode 1 set to WDR On and Mode 2 set to WDR Low light. At night when the camera starts, I just hit the shutter button then the mode button and then shutter one more time to start recording. I have also set Mode 3 to be time lapse.

@Rickardo what is you starting routine? Do you put the key and just start or do you put the key in and the turn to ACC for a few seconds before starting?

I start engine and then mobius. there would be power drop before engine is on.

can firmware be updated with the capacitor version? last time I tried I believe I had to reinstall the battery because when you have to unplug the mobius for the update it just dies.

Isoprop posted this in the Super Capacitor Thread, it worked for me.

You can update the firmware with the capacitor installed, but the instructions are a little different.
When asked to disconnect the camera, press the power button for max. 1 second and wait until the red LED blinks 3 times. Wait a second or two and now BRIEFLY press the power button again. The blue LED should blink, showing the firmware is being updated. Wait until mSetup tells you the firmware is installed.
FWIW, this is my preferred method of updating the firmware. It works equally well with the internal battery and doesn't stress the USB connector. It is not documented because it's more complicated than connecting/disconnecting the USB cable

Hi. So I'll be sticking with 1.13fw from what I just read. i do have a quick question. I'm using the mobius for a dashcam with ignition turn on to automatically record. What is the best settings and i'm sorry if this is a repeat question but if you want point me in the right direction I would appreciated it. The software has so many settings.

Hi. So I'll be sticking with 1.13fw from what I just read. i do have a quick question. I'm using the mobius for a dashcam with ignition turn on to automatically record. What is the best settings and i'm sorry if this is a repeat question but if you want point me in the right direction I would appreciated it. The software has so many settings.
Best settings for? Everyone has preferences so each of us use different settings. I can say use the Standard data rate vs the High, the quality is the same and you can store more time on your SD card. The rest of the settings will vary by user.

If you want post your settings and we can check and advise.

Understood. Here is what I have which is mostly the default.

Language=English
Timeout=30
ShowToolTips=1
AutoProgUpdate=1
AutoFWUpdate=1
AutoFWUpdatePC=0
EnableFWCheckNr16(MOV)=1
EnableFWCheckNr16(AVI)=1
EnableFWCheckMobius=1
ColorMobius=12583040
ColorNr16=102
DialogWidth=0
DialogHeight=0
SafelyRemoveDevice=1

ProfileSelected=My Mobious

Profile[2]=My Mobious
TimeSync=1
DateFormat=0
TimeStamp1=1
TimeStamp2=1
AutoRecord=0
PowerOnDelay=1
PowerOnRecord=0
PowerOff=0
PowerOnRecordExt=0
PowerOffExtDelay=0
PowerOnMode=0
Beeper=0
USBCharging=0
LensAperture=1
Frequency=1
VideoOut=0
VideoOutRatio=0
Webcam=0
WebcamFlip=0
FramerateFormat=0
AudioOnly1=0
AudioVolume1=0
FlipVideo1=0
LoopRecord1=0
VideoAOV1=0
MovieWDR1=0
VideoQuality1=1
VideoFormat1=0
VideoLength1=3
VideoTimeLapse1=0
VideoCustomTimeLapse1=0
VideoResolution1=0
VideoFrameRate1=2
AudioOnly2=0
AudioVolume2=0
FlipVideo2=0
LoopRecord2=0
VideoAOV2=0
MovieWDR2=0
VideoQuality2=1
VideoFormat2=0
VideoLength2=3
VideoTimeLapse2=0
VideoCustomTimeLapse2=0
VideoResolution2=1
VideoFrameRate2=1
MotionDetect=1
MotionTimeout=2
MotionSensitivity=1
PhotoFlip=0
PhotoStamp=0
RecordLED=1
TimeLapse=0
TimeLapseCustom=0
PhotoSize=0
ImgSharpness=0
ImgExposure=0
ImgContrast=0
ImgSaturation=0
ImgColorSetting=0
ImgWhiteBal=0
ImgWhiteBalRed1=256
ImgWhiteBalGreen1=256
ImgWhiteBalBlue1=256
ImgWhiteBalRed2=256
ImgWhiteBalGreen2=256
ImgWhiteBalBlue2=256
ImgWhiteBalRed3=256
ImgWhiteBalGreen3=256
ImgWhiteBalBlue3=256

Screen shots of the GUI would be easier.

It seems as if your not flipping the video, which is important when mounted to the car. Also seems as if your running Motion detect full time. Make sure you have the sensitivity to at least Medium and the timeout to at least 15 or your camera will stop recording in traffic and when stopped at a light. Power off disconnect is, in my opinion if using a battery, best set to 10 seconds, so if the camera gets unplugged it can still save the last file properly.

Last edited:
I would like to have ignition on recording and when ignition turned off motion detection with the blackvue power magic pro installed so it always gets powered but from what I read that's challenging to automatically switch mode. For now I just want basic recording with ignition on and automatically shut off when ignition is off.

I would like to have ignition on recording and when ignition turned off motion detection with the magic pro installed so it always gets powered but from what I read that's challenging to automatically switch mode. For now I just want basic recording with ignition on and automatically shut off when ignition is off.
You can run with Motion Detect On full time without problems, just set the timeout and sensitivity as discussed before. I ran mine that way for a while without issue. Is Motion Detect running on yours? Can you provide screenshots?

I'm a complete n00b. I just notice that in the program if I point on each setting it explains it in details. I'll have to start doing some reading and playing around with the settings more. here is my new profile.

Language=English
Timeout=30
ShowToolTips=1
AutoProgUpdate=1
AutoFWUpdate=1
AutoFWUpdatePC=0
EnableFWCheckNr16(MOV)=1
EnableFWCheckNr16(AVI)=1
EnableFWCheckMobius=1
ColorMobius=12583040
ColorNr16=102
DialogWidth=0
DialogHeight=0
SafelyRemoveDevice=1

ProfileSelected=My Mobious

Profile[2]=My Mobious
TimeSync=1
DateFormat=0
TimeStamp1=1
TimeStamp2=1
AutoRecord=0
PowerOnDelay=1
PowerOnRecord=0
PowerOff=1
PowerOnRecordExt=1
PowerOffExtDelay=1
PowerOnMode=0
Beeper=0
USBCharging=0
LensAperture=1
Frequency=1
VideoOut=0
VideoOutRatio=0
Webcam=0
WebcamFlip=0
FramerateFormat=0
AudioOnly1=0
AudioVolume1=0
FlipVideo1=0
LoopRecord1=1
VideoAOV1=0
MovieWDR1=0
VideoQuality1=1
VideoFormat1=0
VideoLength1=1
VideoTimeLapse1=0
VideoCustomTimeLapse1=0
VideoResolution1=0
VideoFrameRate1=2
AudioOnly2=0
AudioVolume2=0
FlipVideo2=0
LoopRecord2=1
VideoAOV2=0
MovieWDR2=0
VideoQuality2=1
VideoFormat2=0
VideoLength2=1
VideoTimeLapse2=0
VideoCustomTimeLapse2=0
VideoResolution2=1
VideoFrameRate2=1
MotionDetect=0
MotionTimeout=2
MotionSensitivity=1
PhotoFlip=0
PhotoStamp=0
RecordLED=1
TimeLapse=0
TimeLapseCustom=0
PhotoSize=0
ImgSharpness=0
ImgExposure=0
ImgContrast=0
ImgSaturation=0
ImgColorSetting=0
ImgWhiteBal=0
ImgWhiteBalRed1=256
ImgWhiteBalGreen1=256
ImgWhiteBalBlue1=256
ImgWhiteBalRed2=256
ImgWhiteBalGreen2=256
ImgWhiteBalBlue2=256
ImgWhiteBalRed3=256
ImgWhiteBalGreen3=256
ImgWhiteBalBlue3=256

I can say use the Standard data rate vs the High, the quality is the same and you can store more time on your SD card.

Why they add high data if do nothing? Again useless feature!

It not suprise me people not no what to do with setting.

Last edited:
hi,it plays in all my other players and editors ok,i reverted back to 1.20 tested it again and all is well,weird !!
Sounds as if maybe we have new video encoder or codec software in 2.10. This could also explain the low light flicker.

Well, I'm back to FW1.13 because of the poor night performance, soon ill upload side by side video comparison.
to my surprise, after reverting to FW1.13 and using the latest mSetup tool, when switching in the GUI to 30 frames per seconds, the configuration doesn't stick and after applying changes the radio button is empty. when i analyzed a video file after driving i saw that the video had missing frames and the mobius recorded at 25 frames. since i couldn't find an earlier version of mSetup i needed to use SYSCFG manual method to set the camera on 30 frames.

I think i saw someone posting about the 25 FPS issue in rcgroups.

... soon ill upload side by side video comparison.

I look forward to seeing this, though I don't really expect to be persuaded to downgrade to old firmware. I did prefer v0.53 to v1.13 but I prefer v1.20 to v1.13 or v0.53. But never say never...

Last edited:
I made a comparison between 0.59 and 1.20, at night. The 0.59 is a bit better than 1.20.

Aaand, a road test between 0.59 and 1.13. Well, here we can talk about tastes. I prefer 0.59. :D

Thanks you Roxor. Amazing work

Where I get 0.59FW please?

Last edited:
I made a comparison between 0.59 and 1.20, at night. The 0.59 is a bit better than 1.20.

Aaand, a road test between 0.59 and 1.13. Well, here we can talk about tastes. I prefer 0.59. :D
Thanks!

Fw 1.13 is very solid compared to fw 0.59. But I still think that 0.59 gives more details in low light conditions than fw 1.13. Also, that yellow-ish hue seems a little bit unnatural. BUT, 0.59 KILLED 1.20 in low AND artifical light conditions. Were both cams with WDR on in all tests?

@daki_bmw, yes, both cams set to WDR ON. The hue problem can be easily corrected in any editing software. :D

Back