New msetup and firmware

Interesting. Sounds like something minor changed that may make the file incompatible with the editor. Perhaps the editor too had an update and no longer supports certain files.
i believe its the latest version of the editor,but it dosent realy matter cus ive put the older firmware back on i dont think the changes in 2.10 were that significant anyway ;)

I am back to fw 1.13. Flickering in low light mode is unbearable, so there's nothing in the new firmware that would be of interest to me. But, the main reason is explained in my other post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am back to fw 1.13. Flickering in low light mode is unbearable, so there's nothing in the new firmware that would be of interest to me. But, the main reason is explained in my other post.
other than these little issues we get with new firmware,i think its a great little cam for the price,i fly a phantom and the footage is just as good as the gopro,it dont like the dark very much though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely great camera! Just not with the latest of firmwares. As a dashcam (which is not even it's main "purpose"), even with the budget of $500 I'd still go with Mobius. I like the size of it, I like non-existant screen on it, I like video quality of it, I like the support for it, and I am satisfied with low light performance of it.

So is 1.13fw the recommended, I'll be getting it delivered Friday for my car and just want to have a good firmware.

Yes, i think for dash cam, night time drivng FW1.13 is the best. in FW's above 1.13 i got poor night performance.
currently im testing FW2.10 for night time, so far, doesn't look so good.

So is 1.13fw the recommended, I'll be getting it delivered Friday for my car and just want to have a good firmware.
Well, I was impressed with night time/low light performance of Mobius with 0.59 version (look for a video on YT: Mobius 0.59 vs 1.13). I didn't try it myself, I was just watching comparison videos, BUT 1.13 has motion detection option, which I sometimes need, so it is 1.13 for me.

I tried v2.10 on my both cameras and it seems it has a problem with audio and video synchronisation (both cameras are set to split clips at 5min). The odd clips are almost ok (last seconds winth no sound) but the even clips are out of sync.

I just want to work, no problem. I dint want all the news features. I just want no flicker and work when i start all the time?

Sad this not the first on the list to fix, instead things nonone want. i do not care for the frames in a secand or silly feature new in gui when it does not get good picture or even work.

So which best please?

@russ331 I know you no problems always very not help to say. I have no problem again and again not help. I do not care what you tell me. Sound like advert. :(

Last edited:
I just want to work, no problem. I dint want all the news features. I just want no flicker and work when i start all the time?

Shame this was not the first on the list to fix, instead things nonone want. i do not care for the frames in a secand or silly feature when it does not get good picture or even work.

So which best please?

@russ331 I know you have no problems always very not helpful to say this but always do so much. I have no problem again and again not help. I do not care what you tell me.
@Rickardo I agree that the night performance was not improved in v2.10. I have decided to use WDR Low Light and just accept some flicker.

For me the startup was greatly improved. I was having big problems with reliable startup and now it's flawless. Have you tried v2.10 for a week and tested the startup?

@Rickardo I agree that the night performance was not improved in v2.10. I have decided to use WDR Low Light and just accept some flicker.

For me the startup was greatly improved. I was having big problems with reliable startup and now it's flawless. Have you tried v2.10 for a week and tested the startup?
@GJHS it still not start since i use it 2.10fw. Still I do not plug in mobius until engine is on and still not working every time the same other people say also. not change.

I try low light wdr, but it make daytime picture badder. I cannot keep to change setting for day and time of night.

@GJHS it still not start since i use it 2.10fw. Still I do not plug in mobius until engine is on and still not working every time the same other people say also. not change.

I try low light wdr, but it make daytime picture badder. I cannot keep to change setting for day and time of night.

in 2.10 you can.
mode 1 - for the day time
mode 2 - for the night time
this is what i did.
this is why i keep the 2.10 fw - you can chose the entire settings for each mode.
this is the best improvement on this new fw (and the date format also).

in 2.10 you can.
mode 1 - for the day time
mode 2 - for the night time
this is what i did.
this is why i keep the 2.10 fw - you can chose the entire settings for each mode.
this is the best improvement on this new fw (and the date format also).
Yep the best, unmentioned feature upgrade. I have Mode 1 set to WDR On and Mode 2 set to WDR Low light. At night when the camera starts, I just hit the shutter button then the mode button and then shutter one more time to start recording. I have also set Mode 3 to be time lapse.

@Rickardo what is you starting routine? Do you put the key and just start or do you put the key in and the turn to ACC for a few seconds before starting?

Ah I didn't realise some of these were new features so just took them for granted! Would it be possible to get the camera to change mode at a certain time?

Ah I didn't realise some of these were new features so just took them for granted! Would it be possible to get the camera to change mode at a certain time?
You can stop recording and easily change modes anytime with a few button presses

You're only going to remember that a few times though mate and it would quickly get boring.

I'm not knocking it - just a suggestion :)

You're only going to remember that a few times though mate and it would quickly get boring.

I'm not knocking it - just a suggestion :)
If you're referring to Mode switching for Low light, then no big deal. Mode 1 is set with WDR on and that still produces good night time performance so if I forget I'm set. I like having the ability to change it quickly if I want, where before you couldn't. I only wish that Motion Detect would be able to be set for a Mode. That would make usability almost perfect for me

can firmware be updated with the capacitor version? last time I tried I believe I had to reinstall the battery because when you have to unplug the mobius for the update it just dies.

What about the file saving feature when "M" is pressed. Did our wish about having the previous clip saved also come through?

Back