new ThiEYE T5e firmware update

No UP button and now firmware TI/UN5-170112-V5.0 crashed after accidentally bumping USB cable while viewing playback on Laptop. Now it Powers on and loses settings. Luckily was in FHD60 and 3 LED's only on and all other settings like Date Stamp were OFF, EIS ON, and all else basically AUTO or Standard settings and not back to 4K default! :D
Have a copy of that f/w version but will not flash until Warranty sorted with GearBest. Yep now they want a video of me pushing a button or whatever or no Warranty.

Might just keep it for parts and get an Andoer AN7000 though colours are great on some test vids especially the sky NOT whiting out near sun or with dark foreground. Excellent compared to NT96660 chipset which has this problem in all it's action cams regardless of sensor.

No UP button and now firmware TI/UN5-170112-V5.0 crashed after accidentally bumping USB cable while viewing playback on Laptop. Now it Powers on and loses settings. Luckily was in FHD60 and 3 LED's only on and all other settings like Date Stamp were OFF, EIS ON, and all else basically AUTO or Standard settings and not back to 4K default! :D
Have a copy of that f/w version but will not flash until Warranty sorted with GearBest. Yep now they want a video of me pushing a button or whatever or no Warranty.

Might just keep it for parts and get an Andoer AN7000 though colours are great on some test vids especially the sky NOT whiting out near sun or with dark foreground. Excellent compared to NT96660 chipset which has this problem in all it's action cams regardless of sensor.
mate sorry to hear the troubles you are having, i'm on late Feb firmware and have been ok so far, touch wood. that being said,there's been reports that you and i have read of the T5e carking it. There's a video on YouTube of a factory tour of ThiEYE and it is interesting, quite a small team actually.

mate sorry to hear the troubles you are having, i'm on late Feb firmware and have been ok so far, touch wood. that being said,there's been reports that you and i have read of the T5e carking it. There's a video on YouTube of a factory tour of ThiEYE and it is interesting, quite a small team actually.
Thanks. was going great guns (even without button) until USB glitch then strangely cam locked at my settings? NOT the 4K one Feb 170211 was notorious for? Go figure LOL
Considering the inside "block" assembly is produced in tens of thousands (including Andoer AN7000 etc) I feel that factory is set up just for the cameras and tour.
You wouldn't believe how fast they can set up a "company" and gone in hours. Seen it first hand, company in major Australian center on a large building project in Sydney, builders, engineers and tradies owed huge money. "Come back tomorrow morning and well have it sorted" Sorted alright, company no longer existed, no passports in the names on papers, no records, permits all gone. Will the Govt take on China? Not a chance :mad:

ThiEYE (and Andoer have strangely similar webpages like Elephone/SooCoo) would have an outlet office in Shenzhen, but as a supplier and not a manufacturer, just doing a few for the camera crew using "pull list" spare parts supplied by manufacturer. No gloves or masks a dead giveaway. At least they have a good size crew of onsite techs doing f/w, sales and online support. It is possible they add the case and logo front and pack for distribution to GearBest, Amazon etc though?

Good thing about the vid is you can see the build for a tear down :)

Last edited:
Thanks. was going great guns (even without button) until USB glitch then strangely cam locked at my settings? NOT the 4K one Feb 170211 was notorious for? Go figure LOL
Considering the inside "block" assembly is produced in tens of thousands (including Andoer AN7000 etc) I feel that factory is set up just for the cameras and tour.
You wouldn't believe how fast they can set up a "company" and gone in hours. Seen it first hand, company in major Australian center on a large building project in Sydney, builders, engineers and tradies owed huge money. "Come back tomorrow morning and well have it sorted" Sorted alright, company no longer existed, no passports in the names on papers, no records, permits all gone. Will the Govt take on China? Not a chance :mad:

ThiEYE (and Andoer have strangely similar webpages like Elephone/SooCoo) would have an outlet office in Shenzhen, but as a supplier and not a manufacturer, just doing a few for the camera crew using "pull list" spare parts supplied by manufacturer. No gloves or masks a dead giveaway. At least they have a good size crew of onsite techs doing f/w, sales and online support. It is possible they add the case and logo front and pack for distribution to GearBest, Amazon etc though?

Good thing about the vid is you can see the build for a tear down :)

thanks for the insight mate, that is a very good point about how they just get the shell and chuck everything in like it was putting ham in a sandwich. seems like there are more employees dedicated to tech support / FW / design than the manufacturing process itself haha. i'm not going to proclaim i'm an expert, but looks like the job could probably done by even less people than what is there in the video.

like you said, it really is a saturated market there in China / Shenzhen, and companies can live and die by the day. As long as they provide good support in the case of product failure, and make a good product, then i'm happy.

ThiEYE seem to be in for the long haul, I can't see any major jumps like from FHD to UHD 4K and now true UHD 4K at 30fps, in the near future. Will be firmware tweaking I would guess at this stage. Here's the T5/T5e launch in Germany last year unlike some clones that just appear out of nowhere with no support and strange names. LINK

EDIT The little I've tried with the t5 is a whole lot better so far with colour and clarity. Best so far hands down ... even with the plastic still over the lens!!! Haha ... barely notice it! Warranty etc :(

Last edited:
Good news indeed.
At least we now know how to get passed the problem if the new f/w 170228 fails and cam freezes.

Problem with 170211 is the cam "resets" to default when powered OFF but at least it now works.
Version 170228 was designed mainly to fix this but they made a lot of changes including filname different and 2 ways of upgrading, Camera or PC depending on what f/w the cam is upgraded from.

Previous version 170112 is OK and doesn't reset. Here is f/w link if you have reset problem. I wouldn't try UPGRADING again though ;)

T5e UN5_FWUPDATE_V2 170112 F/W - firmware.bin - https://mega.nz/#!w5pAgbRB!XBSPolYTXyNA6_Vzf-cZM2O_P56da8E7jLIx9XB_pWQ

I tried this but my camera is still stuck! Maybe I'm doing something wrong! Could you give me more details on the process?

Hello
just bought new THieye t5e but its came with version TI/UN7-170401-V5.0
Why the version is different from official website
2017-05-08 20.09.54.jpg

Hello
View attachment 30778
Interesting, not sure perhaps they forgot. No rep here on the forums for ThiEYE from memory, and emails i have sent them have gone unanswered.

Hello
View attachment 30778
Hi ilkyar rashid,
The update was reported, including a new microphone port, on just about just about every FaceBook site related to ThiEYE but strangely the only place one would logically search, ThiEYE Official Page has no new information.
Firmware has only just been updated as we speak.

Firmware TI/UN7-170401-V5.0 in now their Support Page - LINK HERE OR MEGA Download

Changelog:

Version:TI_UN5-170228-V5.0 NOTE: Changelog has not been updated???

NOTE: The way of upgrade has changed.

Please follow the instructions enclosed with Firmware RAR.

1.Add the language Thai
2.Optimize the deformation problem within 720P 240FPS and 200FPS resolution.
3.Solved the occasional crashes.
4.Optimize Bluetooth remote control function.
5.Solved the factory reset setting problem when the camera is turned on again.
6.Add the timelapse icon

Last edited:
Interesting, not sure perhaps they forgot. No rep here on the forums for ThiEYE from memory, and emails i have sent them have gone unanswered.
Hi Agie,
Lot of news on this FaceBook Users Group. Pretty good and all the usual suspects (from YouTube etc) are there plus DC Chen who works ThiEYE ;) LINK
I joined a while ago, good posts and info. :sneaky:

Hi Agie,
Lot of news on this FaceBook Users Group. Pretty good and all the usual suspects (from YouTube etc) are there plus DC Chen who works ThiEYE ;) LINK
I joined a while ago, good posts and info. :sneaky:
Thanks mate for the handy info :). Man the fellas are lurking but they're there!

New firmware for T5&T5e-firmware-upgrade_170401.rar

WARNING:
Microphone Port Version only - MEGA direct: LINK HERE

ThiEYE Support page: LINK HERE

Last edited:
Proper Ambarella A12S Cam User Guide (AN7000, KB X4 4K cams, and useful for T5e). Every MENU Option is explained and helpful info.

Mega Download - LINK HERE

How to connect T5e to PC and use VLC Media Player

External Microphone version:

Firmware for: T5&T5e-external-firmware-upgrade 170628.rar

WARNING: Microphone Port Version only - MEGA Download - LINK HERE

Standard Version: Verified both PC and SD Card versions

Firmware for: T5&T5e-firmware-upgrade non mic 170628v5.rar

Original T5 without external microphone version - MEGA Download - LINK HERE

Last edited:

Standard Version:

Pumped. T5 has been very dependable for me. Don't get me wrong, the SJ7 Star is Also a Great piece of kit but it just been going wrong time after time for me :(

Standard Version:

ThiEYE has done it again, has not uploaded the updated firmware to the website yet haha. Still on february version when you donwload it.

Back