New to dashcams, Need advice.

Jglez1314

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I am a new member, and also brand new to the world of dash cams. I am looking for something with good quality video, and decent pricing, But most importantly heat resistance, as ive heard some cams will practically melt away in the heat. I live in Arizona, USA So temperatures going above 100 F. All advice welcomed and appreciated.

Hmm id say about 200 and below Do not want to spend much more than that, on my first Camera. Currently heading to bed, hope to see a reply tomorrow :) thanks for posting.

In view of the hot climate, choose a dashcam containing a capacitor, not a LiPo battery. Here's a selection, in alphabetical order, that appeals to me ...

A119
Mobius (with capacitor kit)
QVIA T790
SG9665GC
SGZC12RC
Thinkware F50
Thinkware F770

In view of the hot climate, choose a dashcam containing a capacitor, not a LiPo battery. Here's a selection, in alphabetical order, that appeals to me ...

A119
QVIA T790
SG9665GC
SGZC12RC
Thinkware F50
Thinkware F770

Thank you very much for the help, ill look into these cameras and see what fits me best.

@russ331 Ive liked the SG cameras, You own the SGZC12RC. How has that been to you, and would you recommend it?

@russ331 Ive liked the SG cameras, You own the SGZC12RC. How has that been to you, and would you recommend it?
I've owned the SGZC12RC for over a year. No problems. My preference is for smallness / discreetness, video quality, reliability & after-sales service. I also wanted pre-buffered motion & g sensing.

image.jpeg

If I were choosing today, I'd be tempted by the F770 & T790. Though they're too new for any proper reviews to have been done yet. Might still buy the 12RC for the proven performance & exemplary 24/7/365 after sales support & hassle-free warranty.

One feature I'd like today is 1080p/60fps. Of the DashCams I listed above, only the A119 delivers this. On the downside, it doesn't feature pre-buffered motion & g sensing, though that may not be important to you.

What would those features do for me? I am as I stated before New to the whole dash cam scene. For me honestly the most important is that the video is good quality, day/night. And the camera to be able to withstand A lot of heat as it gets Over 100 F The 1080/60 fps Is very good though as most ive seen are 1080p/30fps.

A119
QVIA T790
SG9665GC
SGZC12RC
Thinkware F50
Thinkware F770
thinkware F770 is 400$. F750 is 250$.QVIA T790 is 280$. So, they cant be on the list.
The mobius is cheap, realible, but the night quality is not so good as SG.
A119 is not reliable as SG products.
So basicly, you can choice 9665GC. By PM to @Pier28 . There will be discount for DCT member. :)

Last edited:
I was worried when I saw those prices well above my budget for first cam. but I guess just depends on where you look. Thanks guys :)

I like the super night vision feature of the f770, though, don't want to stray much from 200 so ill just go for an SG as ive seen many good things from those especially in the customer service area. And reliability. while looking through forums. The A119 does sound nice with the price and 1080p/60fps But as you said, Reliability is un known. and id like to go with a safer option. Ill look into both the SG9665GC and SGZC12RC. Thanks Russ and thancam :) I like this site already.

A119 is not reliable as SG products.
Since no one actually has a production model in their hands yet, I don't think that's a fair statement. This isn't an updated A118, it's an entirely different camera. Only time will be able to tell us how reliable it will be.

Since no one actually has a production model in their hands yet, I don't think that's a fair statement. This isn't an updated A118, it's an entirely different camera. Only time will be able to tell us how reliable it will be.
every model has many problems in the first period time after release. A12 chipset's models of domez are one of them. And the firmware will alomost complete after half years. So dont haste to buy anything news. That's my thought. :)

Last edited:
Well Just ordered My first Cam, thanks for the advice guys. It was The SG-GC hope to be able to rely on great users like yourselves in the future with more Questions.

Well Just ordered My first Cam, thanks for the advice guys. It was The SG-GC hope to be able to rely on great users like yourselves in the future with more Questions.

Smart, wise choice. With Jokiin and Pier 28 behind their products you're guaranteed satisfaction.

every model has many problems in the first period time after release. A12 chipset's models of domez are one of them. And the firmware will alomost complete after half years. So dont haste to buy anything news. That's my thought. :)
Yes, time will tell, any problem with the product, we are here to help.
Not like the A12, the NTK96660 chipset is much more stable, it is released about 1 year.

Back