New to dashcams

You say you prefer a small dashcam, yet only the BlackVue could be described as small. The Lukas models are huge by dashcam standards. This is what small means ...

View attachment 23161
Wow that is very small! What is that 2" x 1"? That's palm size! When I was thinking small, I was thinking the Blackvue, not that! :) Like I said I'm new to daskcams!

Wow that is very small! What is that 2" x 1"? That's palm size!
That's two DashCams, SGZC12RC (top) & Mobius sitting on a credit card. Take a credit card from your wallet to judge for yourself how small they are. :)

When I was thinking small I wasn't thinking credit card small! :)
Small / discreet/ unlikely to be seen by thieves when car parked in the street is important to me. Along with performance, reliability, durability & after-sales support.

Its not often the makers tell the bitrate on ther websites, for the most we will have to get those from ppl in here.

Granted bitrate is not everything, some chipsets do allright with a lower bitrate.

Regarding my old Lukas LK-7500 the MAX 11 mbit bitrate did allright, i am perfectely happy with that camera now beeing on duty in my little sisters car.

Its not often the makers tell the bitrate on ther websites, for the most we will have to get those from ppl in here.

Granted bitrate is not everything, some chipsets do allright with a lower bitrate.

Regarding my old Lukas LK-7500 the MAX 11 mbit bitrate did allright, i am perfectely happy with that camera now beeing on duty in my little sisters car.
Ok, so I don't have to worry about it than? I was watching
and he said don't get any unless its around 15mbs.

I think even the newest lukas dashcams still have pretty low bitrates, i cant remember my old Lukas choking on image information and trowing up footage that look like its a video made in minecraft.

Okay that blocking is allso not just based on bitrate, other factors is in play too i think.

Maybe @Ipol can tell what he think of his new Lukas/QVIA z970 camera, i think he had it in the car for a fjew days by now, and he is a long time Lukas user.

Well very interesting weekend QVIA z970 seems to be working fine overall very pleased with it my main problem is the lukas viewer...... playback of videos very jerky and jumpy as to be unusable .....But in VLC the playback is smooth so I think the problem is with the lukas viewer ....At the moment the SD card is with the Gendarmerie I was a victimof attempted mugging on sunday by 2 kids and again on monday when I was walking the dog along the canal by 4 school age kids One tried to push me into the canal and I was menaced generally.....When I got back to my car I followed these idiots and managed to get them on film.....The gendarmes immediatly recognised them as they have several outstanding charges against them ......apparently one of the 4 beat up a teacher at school yesterday and was removed by the gendarmes .....I understand that last night he was in hospital having tried to hang himself ......With any luck he wont recover .....If he does its only a matter of time before he kills an innocent person....The 2 on sunday I managed to beat off and they ran away without getting anything......The 4 sunday is on going and I have filed a complaint for attempted murder .....From now on I will be carrying a police truncheon as added protection .....Ipol

@jokiin No your right unfortunately the town has more than its far share of delinquents and drug addicts and the problem is growing ....Of the 4 misfits on mondays incident the youngest was around ten and the oldest around 14/15 years old...Fortunately even at my age I managed fight them off What they didnt bargain for was the dashcam in the car when I got back to it and followed them .....It immediately placed them in the frame and the gendarmes put names to them straight away....Enough of that more on the z970 once I get the SD card back.....Ipol

Mon dieu :eek:

I was attacked once by 4 guys about my own age ( 20 or so ) where 2 carried knives, all 4 got a good old beating, but i had to do a sittle sewing on myself again when i got home.

This was in daytime on the main shopping street in Aarhus, and i was applauded by some ppl as i walked off.

Managed to walk several 100 M before i noticed a little blood dripping from my hand, funny how you dont notice such things when you are amped up.

Word of advise dont jump a man ( even a skinny skeleton looking one ) if he have studied hand 2 hand combat with or without knives and such :cool:

Places i Aarhus where i use to come when i was young and where ppl i knew was living is off limits today, even firedepartment and police have problems if they go there.
And parts of Copenhagen ( caller Norrebro ) seem to have been claimed as sharia state by some young ppl.

Too bad we are spineless, cuz a good strong spine is all ppl like that undestand.

Make me feel so ashamed :oops::mad:

Back