New to the Forum: Some questions! DR650W 2ch

WRichieX

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, just came across this forum. Good stuff on searches but some questions I still have.

1. What exactly is the newest firmware? I'm on 1.003 and on the blackvue download site, the newest release (5/29/15 i believe) said 1.001.

2. I had some issues with my original unit and got a replacement. Since then, I have a "version information is different" warning everytime I reset it. How do I fix. I came across some posts that said to update to the newest firmware and should fix. Again, reverting to question 1, what is the newest FM. lol.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, just came across this forum. Good stuff on searches but some questions I still have.

1. What exactly is the newest firmware? I'm on 1.003 and on the blackvue download site, the newest release (5/29/15 i believe) said 1.001.

2. I had some issues with my original unit and got a replacement. Since then, I have a "version information is different" warning everytime I reset it. How do I fix. I came across some posts that said to update to the newest firmware and should fix. Again, reverting to question 1, what is the newest FM. lol.

Thanks in advance.
I updated the firmware today (installed yesterday) and the new version is: 1.005.

I have Samsung note edge, installed the app, it finds the 650 camera, but the software after entering the default password, it states to wait then nothing, it will not connect with the software, I wasted 3 hours already and giving up. I wrote to the manufacturer and no one replies, what am I doing wrong?
I formatted a new sd card 32gb, I copied the updated software to the SD, placed it in the camera, it confirmed and installed, than noted it is recording, I tried logging in with my phone, it shows the wifi unit, but when I open the left sd icon, it shows the page, but no live, no card to see, no files, I presume I'm not logged in. I'm frustraded that I cannot get it to work.
Any one out there that can give some hints?
Dieter

I would contact the supplier you purchased from.

I have an iPhone, I have to disconnect any wifi connection on the phone, turn the wifi on, on the camera, wait for the phone to find it which takes ages, connect, then go to the Blackvue app on the phone, then in the app again click connect to wifi, it then connects and I get to see the cameras live or the recordings. Connection is slow and if something delays it I have to start again, it appears awkward but it's getting easier the more i use it.
Adjusting the settings for the camera using the phone app is hard work, i found it easier to do it front the PC.
There is/was instructions on the 16gb sd card supplied with the camera.
I'm no expert on these cameras, there is a lot of internal features with sensors etc but I do think it could have been better, ever a fixed usb connection may have Helped, if I could have foreseen all the messing about i probably would have chose a simple record and play action camera.
And yes I waisted hours and got close to chucking it, my first camera was replaced although the supplier recommend an alternative product for better reliability!! Mine had been hard wired in!

Good luck

Back