New unit power problem

jennyfell55

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
Greetings! I just picked up a new SG9665GC and I love it, except I have a fairly big problem going on. The power to the unit keeps cutting out unless I position the plug JUUUUUST right. It almost looks like the port on the unit is too shallow, not allowing the plug to insert fully? I've attached a picture to demonstrate.

cam.jpg

Is that the original SG9665GC included cigarette power adapter miniUSB end, the CPUSB01, or other 3rd party cable?

That is the CPUSB01, purchased from your site at the same time the camera was purchased. The cigarette power adapter plugs in to the same depth

I plugged it in as far as it felt like it would go without forcing it, as I didn't want to break anything. Does that last distance just take a lot of pressure?

You should only insert the cables with the camera off the mount in your hand. (please confirm) Have you ever accidentally tried inserting the cable while the camera was already mounted on the glass? (can be a bad angle/force)

you will still see some of the silver part of the plug, that's normal

if you can rattle the plug and it turns off that would be a fault with the socket, if that's the case we'd arrange to replace the camera for you

That is exactly what is going on. If I rattle the plug, the unit turns off. Road bumps even cause it to turn off.

Back