Just ordered 3 x SG9665GC units we are very excited.

scubapilot2000

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well after doing a bunch of research around the inter-web, video reviews, purchased reviews, and specifically on this site I've decided to go with the SG9665GC. I just put in orders for myself, my dad, and my brother who lives out of town. Merry Christmas to us!

The reasons why I chose this model:
  • It seems if I ever have any technical support questions the ability to get them answered quickly and completely is pretty phenomenal (yay pier28 and jokiin).
  • The image quality seems to be pretty great. Faster processor. Better output. All the other good stuff that allows you to get the most out of the camera.
  • Compactness and size
  • 32 GB memory card
  • GPS Enabled
  • most importantly it is discreet. Seems to be the best nice small profile dashcam on the market.
  • Bottom line it seems to fit all the needs that I have at this time.
I would consider myself a moderate tech geek type of guy so I'm looking forward to playing with this and getting my dad up to speed and helping him understand some of the features that will be useful for him. My brother on the other hand is not quite as tech savvy but I'm hoping that the device is user friendly enough that any average Joe can set it up and use it.

Thanks all!!

Congratulations! Ordered a SG9665G today for myself. Would agree with your Pros for this device. I think we both made a great choice. Hopefully I didn't start another form of addiction. LoL

You guys wont be disappointed.... My cam arrived last week and am really happy with the purchase - great quality products :)

touchdown! All 3 units have arrived. I installed the units in my car and my dad's car. My brother received his today and is installing as we speak.

Initial results are great. Very nice video capture. Microphone is much better than I expected (really picks up my horrible singing). I think I will order the CPL for myself. There's some glare from the dash but not overwhelming. Just enough to see if the CPL will make a difference. Very stealthy.

Okay, so now the question/situation...My dad's only power outlet is always "on" (his car is older). Besides getting a hardwire install kit is there a way to get the cam to power down after a period of time or with no motion (parked in the garage)? Right now I have him unplugging and plugging back in.

Thoughts?

touchdown! All 3 units have arrived. I installed the units in my car and my dad's car. My brother received his today and is installing as we speak.

Initial results are great. Very nice video capture. Microphone is much better than I expected (really picks up my horrible singing). I think I will order the CPL for myself. There's some glare from the dash but not overwhelming. Just enough to see if the CPL will make a difference. Very stealthy.

Okay, so now the question/situation...My dad's only power outlet is always "on" (his car is older). Besides getting a hardwire install kit is there a way to get the cam to power down after a period of time or with no motion (parked in the garage)? Right now I have him unplugging and plugging back in.

Thoughts?

excellent, good to hear.

You'll need to do 1 of the following

- Get the CELL POWER CPUSB01
- Get the MotoPark Mutli Safer / Fine Safer PANOBDP hard wire kit
- Re-Wire the cigarette port to an ACC/Switched power source.
0r
-It's possible your dad's outlet will auto-power off after 30 minutes. (depending on the make/model) Test and see, some car's have this feature.

Back