New Viofo A139 !

Just checked with the engineer, this may be caused by a new update and motion detection had issues. Please check the latest firmware I send to you via PM.
Thank you. Will update the firmware and try again today.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

First meeting !! :unsure:
With one front camera.
Here is compared with 119V3

Excellent viewing angle !!
CPL is required.
WDR (HDR) is needed unambiguously.
139 should work from a PC as a card reader !!
It is not advisable to pull the card all the time.
The files do not have the correct sequence number alternation !!
Your own menu is desirable, no wifi !!
The AV output is again not full screen, but much better than in 119 !!

I would transfer all the connectors to the GPS block, there is a lot of space there.
Most users take 139 home every day.
What will happen to the connectors after a while !!! ??

Attachments

• File.jpg
    File.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 18
  • GU.jpg
    GU.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 17
I would transfer all the connectors to the GPS block, there is a lot of space there.
Really? I would expect most users to leave the dashcam in place permanently. I know auto theft/crime is a higher risk in various countries.

I don't think the coax connectors are intended to be plugged/unplugged each day.

The files do not have the correct sequence number alternation !!
What is wrong with the file numbers? I don't see any issues:
1604582849764.png
I see 1-minute video files started at 10:53, 10:54, 10:55 and 10:56. Then a short break, followed by files starting at 11:03, 11:04 and 11:05.

Am am hoping some modders will help viofo get the best out of the A139, i think it can be a very good camera.
Not that it is bad now, but i am sure like most cameras it can be better if the maker really want to.

files started at 10:53, 10:54, 10:55 and 10:56.
Did I talk about time?
Where is the file 110807?
I indicated in red, how can there be two identical names ??

Really? I would expect most users to leave the dashcam in place permanently. I know auto theft/crime is a higher risk in various countries.

I don't think the coax connectors are intended to be plugged/unplugged each day.
Yes, if you want a camera that is really easy to remove every time you park, go for a A119 V3, or two or three of them.

139 should work from a PC as a card reader !!
Not having the cables I've not tried this but I've never had any need to connect any cam except Mobius directly to my PC. Anything I need is on the card or can be placed there, and it doesn't need the cam interface but can be plugged in directly. (Mobius is designed for direct PC interface, no other cam I know of requires that.) An OTG card reader is included with the A139 so I don't see a problem here.
It is not advisable to pull the card all the time.
And why? SD card ports are designed for multiple thousands of insertion/removal cycles. Failure is very uncommon.
Your own menu is desirable, no wifi !!
Many cams nowadays have wifi-only operation. Not having a screen means smaller size, less cam heat, fewer resources used for non-recording functions, and probably a slightly lower cost. I like LCD screens but I can do without them, as most people can since nearly everyone has a phone so they can use an app for their cam. My only issue here is that many apps don't work with older phones- that is an app problem, not a cam problem.
As best I can tell from what I read online, not many people regularly dismount their cams, but some do and that should be allowed for. The A139 seems to be designed to handle that at least as well as any other cam and certainly better than many others.

A lot of "issues" are as much in how someone does things as are in the devices we use. If used as they are designed to be used, most things do reasonably well including dashcams. Rather than continuing old habits we should adapt to the newer ways of design as long as they work better ;)

Phil

Did I talk about time?
Where is the file 110807?
I indicated in red, how can there be two identical names ??
I admit I'm a bit confused what you are looking for. I do not see any identical names?

The file names show the time each file commenced recording, in this format: YYYY_MMDD_HHMMSS

There are files that start at 11:07:06, 11:08:06, 11:09:07 and 11:10:07. Perhaps a slight GPS timing issue that caused a step of 1min1sec.

1604584037412.png

That's why we test, we help, VIOFO will draw conclusions and take all the necessary measures !!
I continue to test 139 !!!

Have you checked that each file is 1min long, and there is nothing missed between recordings?

Have you checked that each file is 1min long, and there is nothing missed between recordings?
All files are in place and there are no gaps!
I remember it was in the very first firmware 119V3, then everything was fixed !!

I found a magnetic CPL, check it in work !! (y)

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Just checked with the engineer, this may be caused by a new update and motion detection had issues. Please check the latest firmware I send to you via PM.
Updated to firnware v1.0.1028
04d0564f4bae6c64825ef9e774649fc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

The latest FW fixed the unreadable parking file issue in mine, all play nicely now :)

Phil

If you're using motion detect, send your thoughts to Viofo regards it's sensitivity- they are considering an adjustment.

Phil

Back