New Viofo A139 !

Mine the coordinates shows on interior and rear same as the front, and sometimes in middle of the video not only in the start

I'm not sure, because when
At home, there is no indicator on the table without a block, and with the block the indicator is on, but I cannot catch satellites in my house!
Yes, my super navigator with an external antenna in the apartment does not catch satellites !!
And if it blinks, displays data?
Maybe there are double values?

Making a time lapse video now with all footage from the front camera recorded today so far.

At home, there is no indicator on the table without a block, and with the block the indicator is on, but I cannot catch satellites in my house!
Yes, my super navigator with an external antenna in the apartment does not catch satellites !!
It should be off without a GPS mount, start blinking when it has communication with the mount, and go solid when it has a good satellite lock. If it loses the good satellite lock because you are in a tunnel, it should start blinking again, it may still give a speed update while blinking, but not an accurate one.

It should be off without a GPS mount, start blinking when it has communication with the mount
Nigel - you're right !!
Today it is flashing at home, only on, the clouds are strong, yesterday it did not flash, it was a sunny day !!
Probably catching something ??:oops:

My driving this "morning" only flash of coordinates after stop to shop and gas station. ( 10 X speed aside for short flashes )

My driving this "morning" only flash of coordinates after stop to shop and gas station. ( 10 X speed aside for short flashes )
At that speed you could have 300 fps, I don't even see 60 fps...

Also no sound, I like sound on speeded up video, although at x10 you will need to correct the pitch back to near normal...

O after leaving shopping ( first stop ) i had a melt down over the car in front of me at the roundabout, seemingly not wanting to get into it before all cars was gone, and then half a KM after it the car in front of me for no reason breaking for green light at the intersection.

So with no pitch change it would have been a very angry midget or what ever have a high pitched voice and speaking fast.

I have noticed mine blinking occasionally shortly after leaving home where it was solid, but I attributed that to this part of my drive being under trees which attenuates the satellite signals . I will pay closer attention to it today and check the vids tonight. Also not sure if I am on this FW version so I will check that too.

Off to work now.

Phil

I cant say i have seen the GPS LED flicker, but my drives dont really take me into tunnels or heavily wooded areas.

Here you can see the coordinates reset to zero after I enter to closed area and the GPS indicator starts blinking when it lost signal.
And here I found before updating to the new firmware it was reset to zero and with new update the speed also disappeared!!
videoframe_20201117_164703_com-huawei-himovie-overseas-jpg.54222

Videoframe_20201117_164900_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Attachments

• Videoframe_20201117_164703_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Videoframe_20201117_164703_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
And here I found before updating to the new update it was reseting to zero and with new update the speed also disappeared!!
Yes, I noticed it too !!

Wow wish I had one to test. I love firmware and figuring things out.

Here you can see the coordinates reset to zero after I enter to closed area and the GPS indicator starts blinking when it lost signal.
And here I found before updating to the new firmware it was reset to zero and with new update the speed also disappeared!!
videoframe_20201117_164703_com-huawei-himovie-overseas-jpg.54222

View attachment 54223
Yes, with the new FW, the 0 GPS speed will be not showed if no GPS signal. Is it better to show or not if not GPS signal.

Some users suggest not show if speed and coordinate is 0.

I think if you are driving and stopping or going into a tunnel the coordinates should read the last know one ( where you are stopped or entered the tunnel i assume ) and not 0 as that make no sense in navigational coordinates in general.
But for speed to go to 0 when stopped that of course make sense.

Last edited:
Yes, with the new FW, the 0 GPS speed will be not showed if no GPS signal. Is it better to show or not if not GPS signal.

Thinkware dashcams also don't show when 0 GPS.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Show as N 0.0 E 0.0 0.0 km/h when no GPS signal to avoid confusion as to if GPS embed is working / buggy or not.

Or better yet for us geeks, give us GPS debug embed showing which satellite number and SNR received :p

Show as N 0.0 E 0.0 0.0 km/h when no GPS signal to avoid confusion as to if GPS embed is working / buggy or not.

Or better yet for us geeks, give us GPS debug embed showing which satellite number and SNR received :p
Yes, if it goes to zero then looks like you have lost communications; if it disappears then it looks like something is broken! Nothing is broken so it should not disappear, at least put a message saying "No GPS signal".

If it is possible then turn the GPS overlay orange/red if there is a poor signal/low number of satellites, or if you have driven into a tunnel and haven't received an update for a few seconds, only needs to go to zero after maybe 10 seconds with no updates.

The K2S system say if GPS is lost, and also when it is "connected" again.

Not that i think it is a main feature, cuz while i have always used GPS, any claims in regard to speed can and will always be settled by the video footage and not any stamps that might be there, so i am happy with just the LED as indicator of GPS lock or not.
And as said before coordinates i never use in the footage anyway, just the speed stamp.

I am just now thinking, if GPS are lost, and the camera was set up to just display last know location until it get a fix again, would it be possible to have the coordinates in red color while it is static.
Not that it matter much with a dedicated dashcam player you will see something is wrong along your driven path.
But as i rare use a dedicated dashcam player it would be nice to see in the regular footage if something is wrong, but of course if everything is 0 that is also a good indicator.

Probably not one of the better balls i have thrown in the air, never the less now it is up there and people can catch it is they please. :)

Back