New XenForo Forum Software, Growing Pains, (Good/Bad feedback)

You can embed a JPG by clicking the "Upload a File" button and select the JPG you want to upload. You can then embed the full image or thumbnail.

OK. I was trying to use the IMAGE button.

I like to use http://imgur.com They have an iPhone app too. You can quickly get the images you've uploaded if you're logged in on both web site version and iPhone app.

Once it's uploaded use the "direct link" URL to paste into the image button pop up window on dashcamtalk.

tip: You can resize the photo if it's too large but adding a s m or l before the .jpg
example.jpg
large = examplel.jpg
medium - examplem.jpg
small = examples.jpg

You can also add pictures via the TapaTalk iOS/Android app. (then add DashCamTalk forum)
TapaTalk is cool is so many others ways as well.

If you want to share photos of something already out there in the wild, just right click and copy image URL.

I really would like to have in My menu a "Favourite Posts" option like lets say in YouTube, so I can add any member post into my Favourites, so later if needed I just go into my account menu and see Saved to Favourite posts.
At the moment it gives only "parmalink", which can be shared ( copy / paste / g-mail / facebook, etc ).
There are so many useful information ( technical, etc ) and some time it is very hard for me to remember where did I see / red it .... I am getting older to remember all stuff :)
Hope Favourite option is not big deal to implement and hope other members also see a useful side from this option.

I discovered there are a lot more ways to sort things when viewing this forum via TapaTalk mobile app. If you haven't tried it I recommend checking it out.

But as far as regular normal web version goes, XenForo is pretty solid. I'm sure they will continue to innovate and add more suggested features. A recent one I hope gets added was to add the ability for youtube video links that start at a specific time.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/head-on-collision-while-waiting-in-traffic.3078/#post-34371

Last edited by a moderator:
I discovered there are a lot more ways to sort things when viewing this forum via TapaTalk mobile app. If you haven't tried it I recommend checking it out.

But as far as regular normal web version goes, XenForo is pretty solid. I'm sure they will continue to innovate and add more suggested features. A recent one I hope get added was to add the ability for youtube video links that start at a specific time.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/head-on-collision-while-waiting-in-traffic.3078/#post-34371

Had TapaTalk installed on my phone, but to be honest - didnt like it. I prefer direct open browser for DSC forum.
Yes, I also support a yotube-idea you described above.

I really would like to have in My menu a "Favourite Posts" option like lets say in YouTube, so I can add any member post into my Favourites, so later if needed I just go into my account menu and see Saved to Favourite posts.
At the moment it gives only "parmalink", which can be shared ( copy / paste / g-mail / facebook, etc ).
There are so many useful information ( technical, etc ) and some time it is very hard for me to remember where did I see / red it .... I am getting older to remember all stuff :)
Hope Favourite option is not big deal to implement and hope other members also see a useful side from this option.
I will take a look into this to see what can be done.

. A recent one I hope gets added was to add the ability for youtube video links that start at a specific time.

I put in a request to have a checkbox on each post to disable auto media embed which would allow youtube links to be included with a jump to time. So far, there doesn't appear to be a lot of interest for it. I will look at what alternatives come out as well.

I put in a request to have a checkbox on each post to disable auto media embed which would allow youtube links to be included with a jump to time. So far, there doesn't appear to be a lot of interest for it. I will look at what alternatives come out as well.

Thanks. Appreciate.

I am experiencing for some time no Alert or push-notifications to e-mail from some sub-forums and threads I have on my watchlist. This has been for past 1-2 month.
I tried to "unwatch" then again put back into watch-notification, but issue still there.
Does anyone else has it?

I haven't been able to replicate this problem. I just upgraded to the latest version of Xenforo today so hopefully the alerts are working now.

I haven't been able to replicate this problem. I just upgraded to the latest version of Xenforo today so hopefully the alerts are working now.

Cool, I haven't had any iPhone issues but I know Niko said he's been missing tapatalk notifications on his Android. He's on vacation the next few days.

I have not had any issues with tapatalk notifications on Android ether.

I get notifications through my GS4 for posts to the Vico sub-forum, when another user interacts with my post in some way, and when i get something in my inbox without issue. Hopefully niko's issue was fixed with the update.

I am experiencing for some time no Alert or push-notifications to e-mail from some sub-forums and threads I have on my watchlist. This has been for past 1-2 month.
I tried to "unwatch" then again put back into watch-notification, but issue still there.
Does anyone else has it?
Can confirm this. Just recognized it because there are new Posts in jokiins GT2S thread but I didn't get an alert. Same for my custom firmwares thread a few days ago.

I will keep eye on my watched threads / sub-forums / posts and compare them to notifications. After some time will report how it works for me after update.
Thanks !

I recently noticed and wanted to mention.

When using the Mixpod theme some of the links display funny.
for instance in recent posts where it is supposed to display the number of pages. (goes up to at least 5) only the number page i am on shows up. The other numbers and arrow icons are invisible even when i hover over them, and when looking in a sub forum if a thread has more then one page it does not tell me unless i hover my mouse over where the numbers would be.
Then it appears .

It happens in this thread too. There are four pages, but only the number four shows up. I have to guess where 3 2 1 and the arrows are.

My usual preferred theme xenPowa seems to display fine.

Back