Next Viofo Cam

Iceberg v ice cube, which melts quicker?
For the same mass of ice assuming it's already at 0 degrees Celcius/32 Fahrenheit? I'm looking up enthalpy of melting. I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

For the same mass of ice assuming it's already at 0 degrees Celcius/32 Fahrenheit? I'm looking up enthalpy of melting. I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Don't forget to take into account thermal conductivity and distance...

So apparently it has Novatek 96650 and Sony IMX323 sensor.

How would that compare with a A119 or A119s?
I presume/expect the same features as those (of course without the screen and added wifi and app). GPS module coming later in the charger apparently.

Last edited:
So apparently it has Novatek 96650 and Sony IMX323 sensor.

How would that compare with a A119 or A119s?
I presume/expect the same features and as those (of course without the screen and added wifi and app). GPS module coming later in the charger apparently.

Same internals as the G1W-S.

Basic science - small things always cool better than big things...

From what I've read, the Mobius Mini with its heatsink and all can't cut it as a dash cam @ 2K.

I hope VIOFO's able to tame the overheating at 4K. If the 4K recording works without hiccups for extended periods, I'm definitely getting one.

How soon you do project these to be out?

The pixel size for 4K is so small night performance wouldn't be very great with today's sensor technology to be used in current dashcam products. If you want a 4K dashcam you would have to be someone that never drives at night. I don't think that's a very big audience of performance acceptance. Too many customers have older computers that can't handle playback of 4K as well.

The pixel size for 4K is so small night performance wouldn't be very great with today's sensor technology to be used in current dashcam products. If you want a 4K dashcam you would have to be someone that never drives at night. I don't think that's a very big audience of performance acceptance. Too many customers have older computers that can't handle playback of 4K as well.

True. My intended purpose is to utilise it as a secondary front camera.

I would expect excellent daytime footage. My car's HID setup and abundant presence of streetlights should IMO compensate for the smaller pixels to some extent.

Same internals as the G1W-S.
Are you sure? Or is this a generalization regards the chipset and sensor only?

I do like the G1W-S, but it has some drawbacks which are only acceptable because of it's very low price. Those drawbacks should not be carried over into a new design, especially given that the bar is being raised for IQ rapidly in recent times.

If all this cam can deliver is G1W-S grade vids, I'm afraid it's not going to be very well received by the masses no matter how pretty it's face is
:eek:

Phil

Are you sure? Or is this a generalization regards the chipset and sensor only?

I do like the G1W-S, but it has some drawbacks which are only acceptable because of it's very low price. Those drawbacks should not be carried over into a new design, especially given that the bar is being raised for IQ rapidly in recent times.

If all this cam can deliver is G1W-S grade vids, I'm afraid it's not going to be very well received by the masses no matter how pretty it's face is
:eek:

Phil

I don't see any specifications made public by VIOFO yet. Went by what @xd-data-ii had posted.

Don't know if 96650 supports Wi-Fi and bluetooth.. could be the 96660.

Sorry, confused it with the specs for the F1.

if it's just wifi then 96655 and 96658 can also support it, could even be a different chipset, I haven't see it to know what they are using, I'm sure they will mention it when the time comes

The housing has a brushed metal effect on the pics and the back cover is a different colour which looks more like plastic.

I'm doubting it but if it did that would be pretty cool.

I don't see any specifications made public by VIOFO yet. Went by what @xd-data-ii had posted.

Don't know if 96650 supports Wi-Fi and bluetooth.. could be the 96660.

Viofo told me those specs directly.
So came directly from them. I was surprised to see these older components and not the 96660 or more than what the a119s has.

Am just keen to know if I should stick with the a119 or get this.

Older components proved to be reliable,maybe thats the reason.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Viofo told me those specs directly.
So came directly from them. I was surprised to see these older components and not the 96660 or more than what the a119s has.

Am just keen to know if I should stick with the a119 or get this.

Get the A119 or A119S.

If the final specs match what you've been told and have mentioned, it's just another "amped up Mobius", ( as referred to the XS by I think @kamkar1 )

If they're able to deliver a multi-platform App that's glitch-free and actually works. I think people on a budget that are looking for a tiny screenless camera, could consider the WR-1. (The mounting spoils it for me though.)

Get the A119 or A119S.

If the final specs match what you've been told and have mentioned, it's just another "amped up Mobius", ( as referred to the XS by I think @kamkar1 )

If they're able to deliver a multi-platform App that's glitch-free and actually works. I think people on a budget that are looking for a tiny screenless camera, could consider the WR-1. (The mounting spoils it for me though.)
Who can make a dashcam that make all of us happy and satisfied,and fits all are needs to have all feature we need and have a shape all we want,video quality day and night and all weather conditions?In one word a perfect dashcam.Viofo made some good cams as I can read on DCT here(dont own any of their products).We have to give them a chance and try this cam,let the time shows us,if they hit a real thing or miss some things.A119 have some features which WR 1 doesnt,but I think Viofo intentionally made something different they madw so far.
My thoughts are that you really dont need any screen on dashcam because there is a wifi on WR 1.As regards app,no app is flawless,theres always some bugs,fixes and updates.Not just talking to @harsh but to all of us here on DCT,dont judge some product,before we know all information and before anyone reviewed or test it.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

@sone983

Not judging. Going by the specs, it's just a different shape than what's already available. Nothing groundbreaking.

"No app is flawless" because developers aren't able to iron out all the kinks. Let's not embrace mediocrity and accept it as normal.

As far as the mounting goes, that my personal opinion. Not a fan of suction cup based mounting solutions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W WR1 48
W WR1 0
Yooshaw WR1 3
J WR1 4
J WR1 5
Back