Next Viofo Cam

The fixed mount does look a lot better. I'd like to see it mounted in a car.

I'll have one soonish. Ill make sure to cover the mount location.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Viofo told me those specs directly.
So came directly from them. I was surprised to see these older components and not the 96660 or more than what the a119s has.

Am just keen to know if I should stick with the a119 or get this.

Get both! :D.....or wait until the new cam is released so they can be compared.

@sone983

Not judging. Going by the specs, it's just a different shape than what's already available. Nothing groundbreaking.

Maybe your expectations are high.My opinion is that are trying to offer something new in choice of their products.Maybe you dont like,the shape of WR 1 or lack of screen,or mounting solution but someone might will.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Get the A119 or A119S.

If the final specs match what you've been told and have mentioned, it's just another "amped up Mobius", ( as referred to the XS by I think @kamkar1 )

If they're able to deliver a multi-platform App that's glitch-free and actually works. I think people on a budget that are looking for a tiny screenless camera, could consider the WR-1. (The mounting spoils it for me though.)
Yes, I think the WR-1 is intended as a budget camera using current generation technology rather than next generation and the screen removed to save a few $, or cents, and make assembly easier. The components are decent though so it may be very attractive to a lot of people.

From what I've read, the Mobius Mini with its heatsink and all can't cut it as a dash cam @ 2K.

I hope VIOFO's able to tame the overheating at 4K. If the 4K recording works without hiccups for extended periods, I'm definitely getting one.

How soon you do project these to be out?
Reducing the size means less surface area, yet the amount of heat generated will be the same, so the amount of heat to be removed per surface area is higher and thus the surface temperature will be higher. That doesn't mean that the processor is hotter though, given the shorter distances for the heat to travel the thermal resistance will be less and the processor may be cooler even though the outside of the case is hotter. We should probably expect these small cameras to feel hot, it's not necessarily a problem. I haven't followed the Mobius Mini closely, is it actually failing to record due to heat?

The Viofo F1 is more like Mobius size, though from the front it may look quite small compared to the WR-1.

I wouldn't like to guess at a launch date given what is inside, but it is progressing.

I haven't followed the Mobius Mini closely, is it actually failing to record due to heat?

can only run about 30 minutes at a time, they're up front about that though, it's not intended for dashcam use just short duration drone use etc

Btw, it has been on sale already at foxoffer for past few days

There is a Viofo app on Google play store,checked right now.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Any information about micro sd card support?Up to 32,64,128GB?

I'll take a guess that the new rrp of the new WR1 will .. or should be no more than AU$135.
I reckon they'll sell like hot cakes as a rear Cam if you already have a front .. especially if they were selling at AU$120

Foxoffer are wholesaling them @ US $78

Sure .. the mount is chunky, and could be upgraded to 'skinny' .. only .. it is a winning design, in my opinion.

Other designers/manufacturers need to get with the program here .. and go the Hockey Puck design (esp for rear Cam) or get left behind.
Rectangle/Box is ok for the front if you want the screen.. like I do

Seeing these are tiny, and light - Is there a 'legal' reason why these can't be simply clipped onto the rear vision mirror stem?
Doing this on the front makes the most sense to me. You can clip it on the left or Right side and the 'Eye' can swivel 360 deg.

Last edited:
Looking forward to more on the F1.
Last week, I have used the F1 as dash camera and record under 4K, still have more work to do like tuning IQ and do more testing for heating issue.

Any information about micro sd card support?Up to 32,64,128GB?
No problem for 64GB card if formatted as FAT32, and can support 128GB card some other user feedback based on NTK96650 platform.

So .. how much are these going for .. in US$ and AU$ .. or is this still a Global secret until launch day?

So .. how much are these going for .. in US$ and AU$ .. or is this still a Global secret until launch day?[/QUOTE

Last edited:
Maybe just me but the FO link us giving a 404 error now :( Liking how well it does in the sun/shade test and the IQ is better than my G1W-S, but only about as good as my G1W-HC. It also seems to have a short focus range where things closer or farther out lose sharpness rather noticeably. I'm going to have to pay more attention to the other cam vids which have the 322/323 sensor to see if that's common. Could be another winner for Viofo :D

An earlier comment in this thread was seemingly aimed at me regards vid clarity :rolleyes: True that I haven't used my vids yet, but in the several incidents I've been in before getting cammed vehicle position and movement would have been enough to prove quickly where the other parties were intentionally lying thus destroying their credibility, and there has never been a question of personal identity. That member should remember that their situation with this was non-typical. Better is obviously better, but there is a level for most which will usually be adequate and also exceptions to that where even the best will not be good enough ;) We'll just have to respectfully disagree on that point.

And to me anyway, the vids of this one pass my minimum level of acceptable clarity so far and I expect they will become better with time, as Viofo is among the few manufacturers who don't stop working just because their product has hit the market :D I think he's found his market niche and is doing most excellently there (y)

Phil

Daytime/shadows test.

And here is the same video but compared to A119, both videos recorded at Full HD 30fps. I think the IMX322 is not produced anymore so Viofo is using now the Sony IMX323

And here is the connection to PC with car parked in front of the house at about 10 meters distance:
Viofo WR1 wireless connection to PC.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

I'll take a guess that the new rrp of the new WR1 will .. or should be no more than AU$135.
I reckon they'll sell like hot cakes as a rear Cam if you already have a front .. especially if they were selling at AU$120

Our first shipment will land in about 10 days time. No set price just yet, but your suggested price range is pretty close to the money.

Our first shipment will land in about 10 days time. No set price just yet, but your suggested price range is pretty close to the money.

If used as a rear, like I would .. there is no need for a screen. Combine this .. and that is doesn't do 1440p like the A119 or have any new technology in it .. it would have to be $30 cheaper than the A119 at AU$155.. otherwise you are only getting it for its size. Updated guess --->rrp AU$125. Otherwise .. if for front - I'd get an A119 with 1440p and a screen. Well .. that's my take, anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W WR1 48
W WR1 0
Yooshaw WR1 3
J WR1 4
J WR1 5
Back