Nextbase click&go pro GPS powered mount

R_dogg_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I’m new to the forum, I’ve raised a support query with nextbase, however heard nothing back, it’s been over a week.

It all started a couple of weeks ago when the dashcam stopped charging. My dashcam appears to be ok though as charges when it’s connected directly to the 12v car charger, however, when the dash mount is connected it stops charging which is weird.

I’ve ruled out the charging cable as I replaced this with a genuine one but have the same issue.

I’ve narrowed it down to the actual click&go pro mount (gps version) PN: NBDVRS2PMGPS as the dashcam stopped charging the moment this was attached and started again once this was removed. How annoying, this is meant to be a good mount compared to the standard non powered version. I’ve only had the dashcam for about a year.

Has anyone else faced this issue? What was the solution? Do I need to fork out for another click and go mount?

Any help appreciated. thank you

SOLVED - if anyone is remotely interested in this issue it’s now solved. Through trial and error established that the camera was charging fine when plugged direct to power, however the moment the mount was attached the camera stopped charging. So wanted to test this theory and popped into Halfords and asked if I could borrow one of the display camera mounts which will hopefully work. Straight away the gps kicked in and the camera started to charge. Worked straight away and the GPS kicked in instantly. Replaced the click&go mount thanked the guys - problem solved. Nextbase were not much help, but Halfords were.

If you run into issues like this and you’re not getting answers anywhere, worth asking the guys there, worse case, they’ll said No can’t help you. I hadn’t even purchased the cam from there. Saved me from having to replace the thing.

Back