Not turn off

Primus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 522, won’t turn the screen off when driving, despite having the screen saver, on and reformatting the sd card, it’s annoying as I like to have no screen wh I’m driving,, it tries to turn off for a split second,but then comes back on again, it’s fine when the engine is off and it shuts down as normal, the cam is hardwired, so what else can I check?,

Turn off motion detection.

Well blow me , the bl##dy thing worked ok, tonight, turned off whilst driving, will check the motion detector thingy if it does it again though, thanks for that

Hi Primus,

Is the issue ongoing? Did you change any settings.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Yes it’s doing it again, not changed anything as yet, but re-formatted the card again and it cured it for a while, but it’s started again today

In which case that points to the SD card. What SD type/size /model are you using please?

I bought a nexbase sd card not sure what gb it is, thing is, it’s behaved itself today, obviously an intermittent fault, I will see how it behaves over the next few days...

I bought a nexbase sd card not sure what gb it is, thing is, it’s behaved itself today, obviously an intermittent fault, I will see how it behaves over the next few days...

Behaved itself with the Nextbase card or one of the others?

Nextbase card bought on 30 aug, 64gb, just been using this, no other cards

What Firmware is the Cam currently running please?

I have a similar problem with my 522GW but only in one car and it’s not all the time either.

I use on camera but have a hardwire kit in my MX-5 and the cigarette adapter in a Suzuki. Both have their own GPS mount but I swap the camera between the 2 cars. In the Mazda, the cam screen turns off every time but in the Suzuki, I would guess it’s 60:40 off vs on.

up to date firmware and using a Nextbase SD card.

I haven’t done the update as yet, and the issue hasn’t arisen as yet, might do the update at the weekend but am loath to do it as these things usually end up as a huge pita

If it ain't broke, for goodness sake don't fix it. :eek:

Yes I think you could be right, it’s working ok atm, so I may leave it be

out of interest why do you want the screen off? does it carry on recording with it off?

Screen should be off because it is not a driving aid and therefore should not be viewable when driving.

Mines behind the rear view so I can’t see it regardless.

Back