Nu-Line U5 DashCams

mySantaFe

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys
In the market for a decent 2 CH dashcam. I have been eyeing the BlackVue DR750X-2Ch and hoping to get it on Easter special ( hopefully ). However, I just got my car serviced and the dealership mentioned they have this new dashcam which they are recommending. It's called the Nu-Line U5 2Ch dashcam https://nu-line.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/U5-Dash-Cam.pdf
The lady at the dealership said she can get it supplied and fitted for $980 ( as a special price. Usually just the front camera is around $1150 ). Now I don't know how this fits price wise since I couldn't find any retailer selling these cameras. Nu-Line website says it's only selling them via car dealerships. So I am assuming the dealerships are adding quite a bit of fat into the price.
I couldn't even find any reviews online on these cameras. So bit reluctant to spend close to $1000 on something which has no reviews. Especially considering BlackVue DR750X-2CH is around $450 when on specials ( $699 RRP ).

Any feedback ?

Hi guys
In the market for a decent 2 CH dashcam. I have been eyeing the BlackVue DR750X-2Ch and hoping to get it on Easter special ( hopefully ). However, I just got my car serviced and the dealership mentioned they have this new dashcam which they are recommending. It's called the Nu-Line U5 2Ch dashcam https://nu-line.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/U5-Dash-Cam.pdf
The lady at the dealership said she can get it supplied and fitted for $980 ( as a special price. Usually just the front camera is around $1150 ). Now I don't know how this fits price wise since I couldn't find any retailer selling these cameras. Nu-Line website says it's only selling them via car dealerships. So I am assuming the dealerships are adding quite a bit of fat into the price.
I couldn't even find any reviews online on these cameras. So bit reluctant to spend close to $1000 on something which has no reviews. Especially considering BlackVue DR750X-2CH is around $450 when on specials ( $699 RRP ).

Any feedback ?

Price sounds really high. https://blackvue.com/product/dr750x-2ch/

The DR-750X-2CH with 4G LTE and fuse taps is around $750 AUD.

Another potential candidate is the VIofo A129 Plus. Although it doesn't have a 4G LTE module which will let you stream your camera from anywhere int he world. That's a pretty nice feature if it works well.

Corrected. I read wrong.

Last edited:
Long time ago i have volunteered helping with any dashcam install in my area, sadly my area are not Australia yet, but hopefully soon.
for people who know and have the tools, 2 hours for installing a system should be tops.

The DR-750X-2CH with 4G LTE and fuse taps is around $750 AUD. Dealer wants to charge another $230-$250 for install?
no, they were wanting to charge that for their own dashcam, price is heavily loaded, dealers don't make money on cars these days so they try and screw people for any accessories they can tack on, it's an entire industry here, colloquially these are known as a Ming Mole

My sister have ordered a I20, and i told her to not get what ever they wanted to offer her like service subscription ASO

I'm game to try new cams but not at that price level. It's always best to wait and see what other people experience before trying anything new (including computer and device updates) so that if there are any problems someone else is having them and not you :cool:

The world is full of people who think crappy dashcams are OK, maybe they don't know any better or haven't seen what a good dashcam can do. I try to educate folks but sometimes wonder if it's worth the effort. Got to look close at people's comments about new cams to first determine if they know what a good cam can do before giving their thoughts any credence ;)

Given the many instances we see of EMI interference with car systems and rear cams, my guess is that there's going to be a lot of very unhappy new car buyers (and dealers too) wanting their money back when problems arise that new cars shouldn't be having. Looking forward to watch how this plays out but I don't see it going well.

Phil

The DR-750X-2CH with 4G LTE and fuse taps is around $750 AUD. Dealer wants to charge another $230-$250 for install? Dear Lord. It isn't really that hard to install. What kind of car you drive? Year, Make, Model. Truly not worth spending $230-250.

Another potential candidate is the VIofo A129 Plus. Although it doesn't have a 4G LTE module which will let you stream your camera from anywhere int he world. That's a pretty nice feature if it works well.
So the dealership is not offering Blackvue. They are recommending some new dashcam called Nu-Line U5. I checked the specs online and not too different from what Blackvue are. Interestingly, she called BlackVue cameras as cheap brand. I gave her a LOL in my head.
I drive a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander. I understand it’s not that difficult to install but with a new car, there is always this cautious approach that some of us tend to take. I have also read that we need to be careful not to block the airbag assembly and wiring. Would have no clue where they are so thought the guys at dealership are better placed to install it. I did look at the VioFo ones. Although I have read mixed reviews including difficulty in reading the videos from card, accessibility of the camera when driving etc

no, they were wanting to charge that for their own dashcam, price is heavily loaded, dealers don't make money on cars these days so they try and screw people for any accessories they can tack on, it's an entire industry here, colloquially these are known as a Ming Mole
Agree. Interestingly, the lady at the dealership recognised me from a year ago when she tried to sell me the Tint and Paint protection package for $2995 as a one of special for me. She spent almost an hour trying to convince me back then. I rejected.
And then got the whole lot done from Tint a Car for $1015 including interior and exterior protection. And later found out that this dealership actually get all their Tinting and Paint Protection package done from the same Tint a Car store where I got my tinting and paint protection done , for less than half price. It was awkward ( for the lady ) when I ran into the guy from Tint a Car when he was at the dealership

I read it wrong. You're right. Hell NO on that offer from dealer.

So the dealership is not offering Blackvue. They are recommending some new dashcam called Nu-Line U5. I checked the specs online and not too different from what Blackvue are. Interestingly, she called BlackVue cameras as cheap brand. I gave her a LOL in my head.
I drive a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander. I understand it’s not that difficult to install but with a new car, there is always this cautious approach that some of us tend to take. I have also read that we need to be careful not to block the airbag assembly and wiring. Would have no clue where they are so thought the guys at dealership are better placed to install it. I did look at the VioFo ones. Although I have read mixed reviews including difficulty in reading the videos from card, accessibility of the camera when driving etc

I read wrong. What a joke on the NU-Line. That's an obvious "NO".

Far as installing on a brand new vehicle, it still isn't all that difficult to hardwire and install.

From the looks of things, it appears only B and C Pillar have Side curtains. Side curtains are marked with a Cap "IC Airbag" or something similar. Does your A-Pillar Have one of these caps or no?

Pretty much look at the B-Pillar and see if you tuck in the wire along headliner to see if it would cross the curtain or simply sit down below it where seatbelt is at. On my vehicle, removing the B-Pillar is unnecessary as I can feed the wire through a metal plate. I removed the weather stripping from the Driver / Front Passenger Door (depending on which side you route) and fed the wire into the plate. So it doesn't interfere with the Side Curtain at all.

C Pillar made need to be unscrewed and pulled back to feed the wire behind the curtain.

Tailgate Plastic Cover needs removed. Wire fed up the gromet and exiting to the winshield.

1615392671501.png

1615393030067.png

1615393053579.png

I read wrong. What a joke on the NU-Line. That's an obvious "NO".

Far as installing on a brand new vehicle, it still isn't all that difficult to hardwire and install.

From the looks of things, it appears only B and C Pillar have Side curtains. Side curtains are marked with a Cap "IC Airbag" or something similar. Does your A-Pillar Have one of these caps or no?

Pretty much look at the B-Pillar and see if you tuck in the wire along headliner to see if it would cross the curtain or simply sit down below it where seatbelt is at. On my vehicle, removing the B-Pillar is unnecessary as I can feed the wire through a metal plate. I removed the weather stripping from the Driver / Front Passenger Door (depending on which side you route) and fed the wire into the plate. So it doesn't interfere with the Side Curtain at all.

C Pillar made need to be unscrewed and pulled back to feed the wire behind the curtain.

Tailgate Plastic Cover needs removed. Wire fed up the gromet and exiting to the winshield.

View attachment 55755

View attachment 55756

View attachment 55757
Thanks @HonestReview . This is so helpful. Will definitely give it a go once I buy my Blackvue. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks @HonestReview . This is so helpful. Will definitely give it a go once I buy my Blackvue. Will keep you all posted.

You're welcome. Once you get a camera, let us know, and I'll get you a more detailed "How To". We're all here to walk you through process and help.

even if you don't feel comfortable doing the install yourself go to a car audio shop for the install, not the dealership, car audio shops install dashcams every day and are better equipped to deal with the install, you'll get a better result and they'll be cheaper than having the dealer do it anyway

You're welcome. Once you get a camera, let us know, and I'll get you a more detailed "How To". We're all here to walk you through process and help.
Just bought the dashcam tonight. Finally after a while of waiting, Repco 25% off on Blackvue is back
Time to go through install instructions. Can’t wait.

Hi @HonestReview , you mentioned you have a detailed “How to” guide on the install. Any chance you can share that please? Thanks

Hi @HonestReview , you mentioned you have a detailed “How to” guide on the install. Any chance you can share that please? Thanks

Using my Sedan as a reference (you have an SUV) you need to determine where the IC (Side Curtain Airbags are at). See Image #1 and #2 on my vehicle, There usually is some sort of cap marking the location of these side curtains. It appears from the OANNASA2036 your curtains are located in B and C Pillar. http://www.hyundaisantafemanual.com/santafe-36-curtain_air_bag.html

If you wish to run along the headliner, then you'll need to remove the weather stripping. Take a flashlight and see where the curtain is at on your vehicle. Depending on how Hyundai makes the Santa Fe, you may be able to simply feed it through the weather stripping, so long as the cable isn't crossing the Curtain and the Cable isn't going to dangle (obstruct seat belt). Or tuck it into the headliner.

If you look at the the first image from my vehicle (Volvo), you'll see on my car the IC airbag is above the seatbelt on the B Pillar. So I could simply tuck it into the groove without issue. Every car is different.

The second image, you'll see my C Pillar. On a Sedan, I'd have to cross OVER the C-Pillar (and IC airbag) to reach my rear windshield. So that necessitated I remove the IC airbag Cap. Unscrew the C Pillar, and route the cable BEHIND the curtain.

1617640209388.png

fuse.jpg

Attachments

• 20190131_171726.jpg
    20190131_171726.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190131_171622.jpg
    20190131_171622.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 1617640498250.jpeg
    1617640498250.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1
On an SUV the process is a bit similar but different due to the hatch. Example video I can't seem to locate one on youtube for a Santa Fe. But concept remains same. Video below is a good example of how to install. Of course if you have an IC airbag, youll need to be mindful on the pillars.

20190131_171726.jpg
20190131_171622.jpg

On an SUV the process is a bit similar but different due to the hatch. Example video I can't seem to locate one on youtube for a Santa Fe. But concept remains same. Video below is a good example of how to install. Of course if you have an IC airbag, youll need to be mindful on the pillars.

View attachment 56099
View attachment 56098
Great. Thanks @HonestReview . Yes, the airbags are on the B and C pillars. I removed the weather stripping yesterday to do a dry run. Still to figure out how I reach the rear windshield from the C pillar. Will check out that video and your instructions and will update shortly. Thanks

Great. Thanks @HonestReview . Yes, the airbags are on the B and C pillars. I removed the weather stripping yesterday to do a dry run. Still to figure out how I reach the rear windshield from the C pillar. Will check out that video and your instructions and will update shortly. Thanks

You're welcome. Find your vehicle's manual and I'll take a peak on what fuses are most ideal. I'm not sure what fuses a Sante Fe uses (Micro, Mini, etc). Per my image: I assume this link is your manual. Page 497 of of 557 shows the fuse panel.

2020 Hynundai Sante Fe Manual

Fuses to check that should be safe: Never ever tap into Airbag, Safety Systems, Electronics or Modules.

ACC (Fuse that turns on when car is started)- RR SEAT (LH) 25ARear Seat Heater LH, Rear Seat Folding Switch LH <-- Test this fuse. Seems benign from what's listed.

Battery (Always on Fuse. Even when car is off) - P/SEAT(PASS)30APassenger Seat Manual Switch

Test those fuses with an LED light tester or Voltage Meter. LED light tester is easiest.

fuse.jpg

Back