Ojocam Mini 0801 (No GPS - no internal mem): No recycling/overwrite with Samsung 32GB Class 6

Trioxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Ojocam Mini 0801 - no GPS - no internal memory
Hello Everyone,

Recently bought a ojocam mini 0801 - no GPS - no internal memory from ebay user fonestop.

It came with Firmware ver: 20140306

DSCF2348_zps50290b09.jpg

I bought an original Samsung MODEL #MB-MSBGBA/AM 32GB Class 6 microSD card from NewEgg.com.

microsd_samsung_zps78417c8e.jpg

I formatted the card inside the mini 0801.

I plugged it into power and let it record overnight. It stops recording after 6 hours (about 520 MB remaining) with an error 'Proceed with movie recovery ? Yes/No' and a blinking yellow 'Storage IO Error'

I did everything as discussed on the forum and by the vendor: bought a quality Samsung Class 6 card and it looks like it came with the most recent firmware...

Any advice ?

Last edited:
I had simular problem with my 0801 from eprance, long story short after 2 firm ware changes, it now works as it should and over writes. I up dated my firm ware to 20131202 and all is well. Very suprised the 2014 up date dont work!

Your assuming the micro SD-card is good based on brand and source. Even if you buy a quality brand from a good source, it could still be defective from factory.

Best to use a card reader and test the card on a PC with freeware SD-card testing software. Only then can you rule out the card as not being your problem.

The Samsung 32GB Class 6 microSD is OK...I ran H2testw ver. 1.4 and here are the results:

microSD_test_zps4bb42ebb.jpg

Quick update on my issue...

I went ahead and turned off the audio recording. I re-formatted the card, plugged it in, and it auto-start recording...

Well, this time it works!! When the card gets full, it doesn't turn off....BUT...once the card gets full, the blue LED is blinking very fast for a few seconds, then it stays solid blue, then it blinks every second (normal recording)... It does this rapid blinking cycle every 10 seconds or so. During this rapid blinking, it does record the footage!

I removed the power cable and after it turned off, I re-inserted the cable...sure enough, it auto-started recording!

To verify that it is indeed recycling with audio off, I took a look at the list of the 1 min videos and their time of creation.

I started the test recording yesterday and 6:41PM:

mini_test_1_zpsacd96874.jpg

Then after the card got full, I took a look at the same list:

mini_test_2_zps229584c2.jpg

Soooo, I think that turning off Audio solved my recycling problem....BUT.... :cool:

Has anyone else come across this rapid blue flashing, followed by solid blue, followed by normal blue flashing (recording) ? During these rapid flashes and solid blue I waved my hand in front of it....when watching the clips, Registrator shows my hand waving....so I know it is recording o_O

Last edited:
Glad you figured it out. Maybe China Corp. will fix it with a later firmware version.

I'm still using using fw 20131202 with 32gb class 10 card. I know that fw has a bug with locking files, but don't think that feature is important with a 32gb card. Beta testing dashcam firmware is a waste of time, so I won't be one of the first to test the new mini 0803 when it ships.

I got another error today...same one I encountered a few days ago regarding recovery:

DSCF2366_zps747200d5.jpg

I don't know what to do...the firmware is of March 2014... and yet here we are, with a good - original Samsung C6 card, and it still doesn't work!

I strongly believe that vendors need to pick a working microSD card, turn on their mini 0801, and let it record for 48 hours non-stop to verify that it RECYCLES when the card gets full and doesn't behave oddly....

Same goes for reviewers...most dash cam reviewers do not let the camera just sit there and record for 24 hours or more to test recycling capabilities..they just do a few hours worth of dash cam testing, see that it records great, and then give it an A++

:(

Here is a video I took of my mini 0801 acting oddly... the video shows normal recording (steady blue blinking), but then the blinking stops for a bit and then it quickly 'catches' up ... :eek: You will see the recorded time just start to fast forward...very bizarre... Don't have a YouTube account so I am using my Photobucket...hopefully the video will work.

Last edited:
Lol :D Have you tried to update and/or to downgrade your firmware? Theres a newer OJOCam fw out, have a look at my signature.

Thanks Tobi@s, although my Ojocam does not have GPS nor internal memory....you latest firmware is for GPS + internal memory

Ooops that was a mistake. It's for external card devices.. Will update that text asap.
Just download it and disable GPS in the settings menu (after flashing). If it doesn't work correctly, ask OJOCam for a newer or older Firmware - he'll send it to you.

EDIT: Updated the text :)

Tobi@s, your latest firmware would not load into my ojocam.... I put the .bin file (renamed) on the empty card and put it into the ojocam. Turned it on, asked for firmware update, I selected Yes. Then it stood for 10 minutes on a grey screen 'Processing...'. I finally turned it off and turned it back on....the original firmware (March 6) is still present.... I will try the January one next

UPDATE: Tried three different firmwares...all of them refuse to load. They hang up on the 'Processing...' screen for 10-15-20 minutes before I forcefully power it down :confused:

Last edited:
I was having the same issue as Trioxide: Ojocam w/ 20140306 firmware. File cycling errors.

For anyone else that's interested, here's what I've done so far:
  1. Downloaded from Tobi@s: 20140404 Ojocam branded firmware
  2. Copied file to root of SD card
  3. Renamed .bin file to: firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin
  4. Insert card into camera
  5. Connect USB cable to supply power. I used a wall charger. Camera will start and select "Yes" when prompted to update firmware
  6. Wait a bit, for me it took a couple minutes. Camera will automatically power off
  7. Restart and verify that firmware is 20140404

I haven't filled up the card yet so I haven't actually *confirmed* that this update will do anything for me but this comment leads me to believe that it will help:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cycle-recording-probs-mini-0801.5309/#post-71871

keeping my fingers crossed because this problem is a drag, man!

Back