Original Mobius night recording with 4mm ~ F1.2 lens (!)

I gave the F1.2 -/- 10 EV, should I step further down to -/- 20 EV?

As to the A119S, you say it has the LEAST motion blurr?? Then why is the license plate unreadable and the F1.2 gives a clear readable license plate? I'm affraid I don't understand what you mean, sorry, if you can, please clarify some more.
Q1. I would take it down further, I don't know exactly how much but in the night shots it is currently the brightest which suggests it could have a shorter exposure and thus less motion blur.

Q2. Not sure which number plate you are looking at, the daylight one I think is less readable because in daylight it is using a longer exposure and probably base ISO to try and get the best image quality when there is less motion, a stop of -EV would probably help that. At night time it has the shortest exposure already but a stop of -EV isn't going to hurt the readability and will probably reduce the motion blur further.

Q1. I would take it down further, I don't know exactly how much but in the night shots it is currently the brightest which suggests it could have a shorter exposure and thus less motion blur.

Q2. Not sure which number plate you are looking at, the daylight one I think is less readable because in daylight it is using a longer exposure and probably base ISO to try and get the best image quality when there is less motion, a stop of -EV would probably help that. At night time it has the shortest exposure already but a stop of -EV isn't going to hurt the readability and will probably reduce the motion blur further.

The Mobius does not adjust standard EV "stops" in the same manner as a typical camera so it makes no sense to even speak in those terms. A percentage of adjustment plus or minus is the only practical metric here.

Q1: that makes sense even to this trucker..... but I'm taking it down 10 at the time, see what happens....

Q2: OK, that makes sense as well, I'll take the EV down one step (-1/3 initially) for the A119S as well, and keep it at 60fps for now, to see if readabillity is better, and to see if it doesn't hurt night recording too much.....

Thanks, fingers crossed...!

The Mobius does not adjust standard EV "stops" in the same manner as a typical camera so it makes no sense to even speak in those terms. A percentage of adjustment plus or minus is the only practical metric here.

I believe Nigel talkes about A119S, that one does exposure in EV.

I like the look of this lens so much I've just ordered one for myself :)

FYI I'm quitting A/A2 lens on Mobius for a while, I have mounted the 120 degree "Runcam Split GoPro Quality Lens" as they call it themselves.

Will be interesting to see what that brings tomorrow..... compared to F1.2

I like the look of this lens so much I've just ordered one for myself :)

Was thinking of doing the same thing as I typed my last post! :)
I will probably put it into an M1, although I will also check whether the faster lens is a worthwhile upgrade for the M2.

They are fitting the IR to mine, thanks

I nearly bought that 2.8mm as it looks like it might be an alternative to the C or D lens, so I will be interested to see how you get on with it.

Instead I went for long lenses, so I ordered 4mm F1.2, 6mm F1.2 and 25mm F2.4.

25mm F2.4? May I ask why?

A 25mm lens in a motor vehicle would be very prone to image vibrations and of questionable dash cam use regarding FOV. In a fixed setting it could have interesting possibilities though. I see they even have much longer focal length M12 lenses for sale as well, such as a 50mm. That could be fun and interesting in the right situation on a stationary CCTV or wildlife cam.

25mm F2.4? May I ask why?
As @Dashmellow guessed, I'm interested in the 25mm mostly for wildlife observation. I will try it in the car just because I can, but that's not where I intend to use it. I just bought another second-hand Mobius so I can try a few lenses at the same time.

I also have 6mm, 8mm and 12mm lenses coming from another source so I'll have a wide range to experiment with.

I don't believe anything will upgrade the M2. It's a lost cause as far as I am concerned.
As you are aware, firmware development was neglected for a while but I can assure you it is now continuing with bug fixes and IQ improvements.
Unlike you, I believe the M2 still has potential and is certainly not a "lost cause" at all. We'll see...

Back