Original USB cable too short.

nunomad

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hello All.
I am thinking about buying the Innovv C2.
It comes with a 2 meters long USB DashCam Cable.
I took some measurements and I would need more than that, at least 2,60m to connect from my lighter socket to the camera, going all around the windshield.
Are there alternative cables that you can suggest?
Thanks,
N.

Hi have not been able to try this as have not yet received my cable but could you not try using a 1M usb extension cable.

dpick1947

Hi have not been able to try this as have not yet received my cable but could you not try using a 1M usb extension cable.

dpick1947

No, no, no. Don't do that. According to reports on this forum you could ruin your camera.

Since Dashcam USB cable is only two wires...

do a "offset"/"staggered" cut
____________ ___________ +
_________ _______________ neg

and then
just get yourself good high count multi strands 20 gauge wire..higher countis more flexible for high vibration application..I have 110 strands 28 gauges wire from my junk pile.

cut and crimp/solder them.

Last edited:
Hi I am looking at the dashcam cable on Innovv.com and that has a micro end that goes into camera and a standard usb on the other end of the cable. This is the end I am talking about using a usb extension cable on it would be the same as plugging cable into a usb hub that is on a usb extension cable.

dpick1947

you mean using a standard usb extension cable...that could work as long as data line is not connected to the ground in extension.

Better order from innovv special long cable. You will save your nervous on "what if".

Alternatively, you can buy car power socket extension leads for little money. I have a delay timer spliced into my extension socket (due to the power being cut when the engine is turned, it prevents the dashcam from turning on until power is permanent for 10seconds)

Hello All.
I am thinking about buying the Innovv C2.
It comes with a 2 meters long USB DashCam Cable.
I took some measurements and I would need more than that, at least 2,60m to connect from my lighter socket to the camera, going all around the windshield.
Are there alternative cables that you can suggest?
Thanks,
N.

So far in stock all USB DashCam Cable are 2 meters long.
To get the lower cost, the purchasing guy ordered 30k and still have 10k in stock.:eek:

People can make the cable longer by DIY, That would be the easy way and helpful.

From the cable, Two lines stick together,
To avoid mixed connection, you need cut one first, and joint it with extension line, then to joint other.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I am this kind of guy that can only turn on and off the lights.
I think I can go as far as connecting two cables together.
Can any one advise on a second cable to be bought, preferably less expensive than the original one?

Can any one advise on a second cable to be bought, preferably less expensive than the original one?

Most dashcam users will install the camera adjacent to the rear view mirror, which requires a 3 metre cable to run behind the headlining, down the A pillar & behind the dash trim to the lighter socket.

The supplied 2 metre dashcam cable is too short, unless the buyer has the DIY skills to hardwire the cable via 12V/5V converter to the interior lighting circuitry or similar.

Buyers should be made aware of the problem prior to purchase, & not be left to sort it out by themselves.

It wouldn't be a problem if it were a normal USB A male to mini B male cable, as you'd have plenty to choose from at Amazon or eBay, etc. But the cables are proprietary to Innovv, so you're stuffed!

This situation isn't your fault, it's Innovv's fault, & the solution is for them to arrange the manufacture of cables fit for purpose, to which you're entitled at no further expense to yourself.

Last edited:

Don't worry, We will make one for you and send it to you.
I hope people can see, I always stay with our customers, and take responsbile for the issue.

I can see that Rock :) and i love it :D

To further support people who need any longer Dashcam cable, can refer below,

The 2m Dashcam cable has the regular 2.0 USB connector as below,
4a7279_491de20451524330820ae5029bd6e36a.jpg_srz_p_400_267_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

There are USB 2.0 extension cables available on ebay from below link, and the attached photo is for reference,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...ble+2.0&_nkw=USB+extension+cable+2.0&_sacat=0

$(KGrHqR,!ooFG5hyM+jOBRwKYf3)V!~~60_57.JPG

thank for listening...good choice..

will 90 degree right angle lock connector be in your future plan?

Last edited:
We are thinking about that.
I hope people could understand, we could not make all needs come true but for sure we will do our best!

Dear RockThinking,
My camera has just arrived.
And, as promised by you, it arrived with a 3m custom made cable.
I must congratulate Innovv on its excellent customer service.
And be prepared.
I am the first around where I live to have a dash cam. If the camera pleases me, and so far it has, I will make a lot of positive publicity.
Nuno

Thank you, Nunomad.

As you see we just do the best we should do.
That is our responsibility if we would like INNOVV be trusted by people.

Back